Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Piarco Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Coldest airport in the world I have ever been to. Other than that, not a bad experience. – gowest
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Piarco Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with three concourses and a decent variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Try the 24-hour restaurant upstairs. There’s a secluded area in the back, with hard wooden benches, big windows with views of the airfield, and bathrooms nearby.
- Thanks to the powerful air-conditioning, the airport can get downright freezing! Have a travel blanket, sleeping bag or warm sweater handy to stay toasty warm while sleeping.
- A sleeping bag or travel mat is also useful for added comfort against the hard floors and wooden benches!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Piarco Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Inn – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trincity Trinidad Airport – (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is departs every 30 mins between 4:00AM and 9:00AM and every hour thereafter until 12:00AM. The bus runs on the hour and half hour from the hotel to the airport and on the quarters from the airport to the hotel. » Check Rates
- Piarco Village Suites – (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port of Spain Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Port of Spain Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Arcade – There are games available at Amusement Games Plus, Ground Floor.
Art in the Airport – The walls of the arrival corridor features local art, history and culture.
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, 1st Floor.
Banking Services – Banco de Reservas offers full-service banking. Location: 1st Floor, landside. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 5:00PM.
Currency Exchange – The First Citizens’ Bureau de Change, located near the Customs exit, or Millennium Finance – Cambio, located to the left of the staircase at Duty Free.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops selling souvenir type items.
Food & Drink – Church’s Chicken is open 24 hours. Location: Landside, Ground Floor near Baggage Claim area. You will also find a good variety of restaurants landside and airside.
Family Services – There is a kid’s zone in the airport.
Information desk – Located in the main atrium and open 24 hours a day.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – According to a reader update in January 2019, luggage storage is no longer available.
Medical Services – Medical assistance is available 24 hours a day. Look for an airport customer service agent for assistance.
Mobile Charging – There is a solar mobile charger available outside the Atrium at the airport. Plug in and let the sun charge your electronics.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2019, Port of Spain airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada Rouge • American Airlines • British Airways • Caribbean Airlines • Copa • JetBlue • LIAT • Rutaca • Surinam Airways • Trans Guyana Airways • Turpial Airlines • United Airlines • Venezolana • WestJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car rentals are available at the airport. The following companies are available: A’s Car Rental • Allan Dickson Executive • Auto Center Limited • Avis • Budget • Econo • Europcar • Exclusive Car Rentals • Hertz • Kalloo’s Rentals • Neal & Massy • Save-a-Lot Car Rentals • Singh’s Auto Rentals • Xtra Lease.
Bus – The airport is connected to the Port of Spain via a city bus. The bus runs from approximately 5:45AM – 7:00PM (to the airport) and 6:30AM – 8:15PM (from the airport). At the time of this February 2019 update, a ticket cost $4.00 and can be purchased at the airport or on board the bus.
Taxis are available outside the arrivals area 24 hours a day.
Last updated: 2019-02-05
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.