Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Puerto Plata Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I ordered the largest hamburger available, and once I got it – it was raw! – lopstad
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gregorio Luperón International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but recently remodeled single-terminal international airport.
- A variety of shops and restaurants are available, including some 24-hour dining options!
- There’s not much else going on here, and no WiFi available aside from the lounges, so have a book or some magazines to keep you entertained!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Puerto Plata Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport in nearby Sosua:
- Neverland Guest House Hotel Hostel – (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle, but the hotel can assist you to book a transfer (approx. US$ 5 each way). » Check Rates
- Hotel Casa Valeria – (10-15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. ($) Cost is 1000 Pesos (approx. US$ 25). » Check Rates
- Hotel Sosua Sunrise – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request (approx. $20.00USD each way). » Check Rates
- Tropix Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel will arrange a taxi pick-up upon request, $25.00USD each way paid directly to driver. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Puerto Plata Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Puerto Plata Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated Reservation Bank. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, 1st Level.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge at the airport.
Banking Services – There are two banks located landside on the first floor (Banreservas and Banco Popular).
Currency Exchange – Global Exchange offices are located on Customs and 2nd Level. Hours: according to flight schedules.
Disabled Services – There are designated handicap parking spaces.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty free shops are located airside. Additionally, there are four shops located landside on the second level of Terminals A and B. They sell snacks, souvenirs, crafts, textiles, etc.
Food & Drink – At the time of writing, there is one 24-hour food option (Coffeopolis/Emparedado/Rico Hot Dog, located in the food court on the first level). There are also a number of non-24 hour options located airside and landside. Most fast food restaurants are found in the food courts on the first and third levels. There is also a full restaurant in terminals A and B, airside, and a small local restaurant landside in the departures area. Most restaurants open between 6:00AM and 10:00AM, and close between 10:00PM and 11:00PM.
Family Services – There is a kids play area near the first floor food court.
Information Desk – An Information Service counter is available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s Post Office. Hours and Location: Unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Area – There is a smoking area airside in the south terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2019, Puerto Plata airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air Transat • American Airlines • ArkeFly • CanJet • Condor • Eurowings • Finnair • Intercaribbean Airways • Jetair Fly • JetBlue • Novair • Sunwing • Thomson Fly • Travel Service Airlines • United Airlines • Westjet • XL Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis, Budget and Europcar are among several car rental agencies available onsite at the airport.
Fixed-rate taxis are readily available at the airport and taxi stands located throughout the area. Confirm the rate for your destination with the driver before starting your trip.
Last updated: 2019-02-05
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.