Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Santiago de Compostela Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Calm airport. security staff does not bother you. is true they hasn’t a lot of presence, but the airport is safe. – pablas
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Santiago de Compostela Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, newly-built single-terminal airport with clean facilities and a variety of shops and restaurants. Restaurants close at night, so have food and drinks handy for late night snacking!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Power outlets are readily available throughout the terminal.
Where to Sleep
- Definitely a sleeper-friendly airport! Past travellers have experienced a peaceful, quiet nighttime environment and accommodating airport security. Upstairs from check-in, you will find a dim and quiet area with armrest-free seating.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please write a review or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Santiago de Compostela Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Garcas – (3 minutes from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. The public bus stops at the hotel every 30 minutes on its way to/from the airport. » Check Rates
- Ruta Jacobea – (5 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle service until 11:00PM. Call hotel for airport pick-up. » Check Rates
- Pazo Xan Xordo – (5 minutes from the airport) No hotel shuttle, but there is a bus stop at the end of the lane for a public bus that goes to/from the airport. » Check Rates
- Hotel Amenal – (6 minutes from the airport) Located at the end of the Camino. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santiago de Compostela Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Santiago Airport. Connect to the “kubiwireless” network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Arrivals Hall and Departures Floor.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available.
Children’s Play Area – There are two playgrounds for children on the ground floor, landside, and on the first floor, airside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available (6:00AM – 10:30PM) as well as a small selection of shops. You will also find a Relay convenience shop both Landside and Airside which are open 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
Food & Drinks – There are only three food concessions available at the airport, none are open 24 hours: Eating Point Food Court which offers Lavazza, Sabores de Gallecia and Pizza N’ Co (Airside, Floor 1. Hours: Unknown) • Il Caffe di Roma (Landside, Floor 0. Hours: 7:00AM – 1:00AM) • La Pausa (Airside, Floor 1. Hours: 5:00AM – 11:00PM).
Information Desk – Location: Landside, P1. Hours: unknown
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Lockers are located on the Level -4 of the general car park. Rates: €5.07 per half and full day.
Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags by having them covered in plastic wrap. Location: first floor, in the check-in hall. Rate: unknown.
Medical Services – There is a First Aid Station located on the 1st Floor, Departures Level.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at email@example.com.
Police Station – A police station is located on the first floor of the departures hall.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Santiago de Compostela airport is served by the following airlines: Aer Lingus • Air Europa • Air Nostrum • easyJet • Evelop • Gestair • Iberia • Lufthansa • Ryanair • Swiss International Airlines • Vueling Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Santiago Airport is served by several intercity bus routes offering scheduled service to Santiago, Lugo, Sobrado, A Coruña and Burela, with stops along the way. For more information, visit the Santiago Airport website.
The following car rental agencies can be found onsite: Avis/Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt. Location: Floor 0.
At the time of this January 2018 update, a flat rate of €21 applies to trips between the airport and Santiago. Metered rates apply for all other destinations.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to email@example.com and we will update this guide.