Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Santiago de Cuba Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The departure ‘lounge’ is small, with hard seats, and one counter selling a very limited amount of food and drink. – a traveller (2015)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Antonio Maceo Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport, served mainly by domestic flights.
- Shopping and dining options are very limited and the windows are covered in frosted glass, obstructing views of the outdoors.
- Have a book or some magazines handy, as there isn’t much to do here.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door:
- VIP Lounge – Departure gates, airside. Hours: unknown. Rates: 20 CUC.
If sleeping in Santiago de Cuba Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel San Basilio – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Versalles – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Casa Granda – (18 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Santiago de Cuba on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Wifi is available at Santiago de Cuba Airport. A reader tells us that you need to log in with an Etecsa cards that you can buy anywhere in Cuba.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – Not available.
Currency Exchange – Available in arrivals and departures. Hours: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as souvenir and cigar shops.
Family Services – Note that baby change facilities and children’s play areas are not available.
Food & Drink – A reader tells us that you can buy selected drinks and food at the first level at the airport, there is a small cafeteria. This is accessable from the outside, just go up the stairs outside between the arrival en departure part of the airport. And there is also a cafeteria like place just accross the street.
Information Desk – It is not known if a dedicated Information Desk is available; however, there are tourist offices in the arrivals area that may be of assistance.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Pharmacy – Location: departures area, landside.
Post Office – Location: departures area, landside.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Areas – Dedicated smoking areas can be found in the departures area.
The airport is open from 6:00AM until midnight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
As of February 2018, Santiago de Cuba airport is served by the following airlines: Air France • American Airlines • Copa • Cubana • Sunwing.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental companies have offices onsite: Cubacar, Rex, Havanautos and Via Transgaviota.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]