Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Sharm El Sheikh Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Plenty of rest places (on the floor…). Just put a blanket and your backpack on the floor and sleep well. – Doc Roger
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport.
What to Expect
- A midsize international airport with two separate terminals for domestic and international flights. A third terminal is currently under construction. A variety of pricey shops and restaurants are available.
- Filthy and unsanitary restrooms. Bring hand sanitizer and toilet paper!
- No designated smoking areas means smoky terminals and passengers smoking practically anywhere they wish inside the terminals.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Sharm El Sheikh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Logaina Sharm – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Tiran Island Hotel Sharm El Sheikh – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
- Hilton Sharks Bay Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available on request ($). » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Sharm el Sheik Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Sharm El Sheikh Airport. Rates and access information is currently unknown.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? 24-hour ATMs are located throughout the airport. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Currency Exchange – There are currency exchange offices and bank counters in Terminal 1.
Duty Free & Shopping – The airport has several duty free shops and a wide range of souvenir, retail and bazaar shops.
Food & Drinks – There is a cafe/restaurant.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – A cloakroom is available in the Arrivals Area.
Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags with luggage wrapping. Available landside, in the departure area.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Sharm El Sheikh airport is served by the following airlines: Astraeus • EasyJet • Thomas Cook Airlines • Thomson Airways • AMC Airlines • EgyptAir • Koral Blue Airlines • Lotus Air • Adria Airways • Aeroflot • AirBaltic • Air Berlin • Air Italy Polska • Air Mediterranee • Arkefly • Austrian Airlines • Belair • Bulgaria Air • Corsairfly • Condor • Donavia • Edelweiss • IFly • Air Serbia • Jazeera Airways • Jetairfly • SmartLynx • Luxair • Neos • NIKI • Nordwind Airlines • Orenair • Rossiya Airlines • S7 Airlines • TAROM • Transavia • TUIfly • VIM Airlines • Ukraine International.
Hertz, Thrifty, and several local car rental agencies offer service onsite in the Arrivals Hall.
Shared-ride minivan taxis offer express service between the airport and city center at an affordable price. Confirm the price with the driver before hopping in. Buses usually won’t depart until full, so this is a good option if you’re not in a hurry.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, 24 hours a day. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]