Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tashkent Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
if they try and scare you and say there is something wrong with your ticket and your passport, don’t give in to them straight away and dont give them your passport. – kmav
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tashkent International Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with two separate terminals for international (Terminal 2) and domestic flights (Terminal 3).
- Inefficient, tedious and chaotic airport procedures, with long lines and lots of waiting, pushing and shoving. Several reviewers also reported bribery at different points during check-in, and baggage arriving damaged or not making it onto the plane.
- Reportedly filthy facilities and pest infestations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door:
- CIP Lounge – Location: the dedicated CIP Hall for arriving and departing passengers. In addition to the usual lounge services, prices also include check-in and passport/customs services. Location: landside, 2nd Floor. Access: Pay at the Door ($200.00).
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Uzbekistan Airways Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside.
- Uzbekistan Airways Arrivals Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside.
If sleeping in Tashkent Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Grand Tashkent Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. Cost is approx. US$10.00 each way. » Check Rates
- Asia Tashkent Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tashkent Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Tashkent Airport. Additionally there is also a computer hall available.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – The airport has a a nursing room. Location and hours not known.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available, but are limited in quantities.
Children’s Play Area – There is an area with video games available for kids.
Currency Exchange – Yes.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
Information Desk – There is an information desk available on both levels. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – A first aid office is available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – Duty Free is available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Tashkent airport is served by the following airlines: Turkish Airlines • Aeroflot • Korean Air • Asiana Airlines • Lufthansa • Uzbekistan Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey. Russian or Uzbek language skills required! If you are traveling light and on a tight budget, consider taking a shared-ride minibus taxi.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.