Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tel Aviv Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
if you must, I recommend to go to the departure floor and go to the end of the terminal. – David
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Tel Aviv Airport.
What to Expect
Tel Aviv Airport has two commercial terminals: Terminal 1 handles low-cost and domestic routes and Terminal 2 serves a variety of international destinations. The airport is known for its strict security procedures, so consider arriving earlier than normal. Amenities are modern and include a variety of eateries and shops, including duty-free. Free WiFi helps pass the time. Economy class passengers can pay to enter a few airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
Overnight sleepers are common here, but sleep doesn’t come easy. Thanks to non-stop departures and arrivals, peace and quiet is rare. Travellers recommend the departure hall near the security check and food court. Do come prepared with an eye mask and earplugs to combat bright lights and noise. For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Tel Aviv Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Avia Hotel & Resort – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Sadot Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up on Thurs, Fri or Sat night (per room, per night) and free one-way transfer to the airport any day of the week (per room, per night). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tel Aviv Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Tel Aviv Airport, connect to the “Netvision” network.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – A crib, sink, changing table and more are available in the Mother and Child Room. Ask the Information Counter for access. Location: Airside, Terminal 1, Departures Hall (Duty Free area) Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Children’s Play Room – Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, Departures Hall (Duty Free area) • Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse B, C and D, at entrance (right hand side) of every concourse and at end of the concourse on the left hand side (behind the shops).
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There are a variety of restaurants/cafes; however, at the time of this update, we don’t know if there are any 24 hour food concessions available. Vending machines can be found at the entrances to all concourses.
- Information Desk – Locations: Check-in Hall, opposite entrance 32 (Landside), Rotunda (Airside) and Greeter’s Hall, opposite entrance 3 (landside). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Tourist Information – Get tourist information, maps and assistance with hotel reservations at the Ministry of Tourism information desk. Location: Arrivals Hall.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Tel Aviv and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a few travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Eshet, Issta and daka90 are all located in the Greeters Hall, East Gallery, Level 2.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge on the departures level.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Terminal 3, on the G floor, in the “Vineyard” and “Orchard” parking lots • At the Duty Free in Arm B. There are also mobile charging stations available at the locker stands. Storage rates: vary by location and size, sample rates – Small up to 2 hours for 10 NIS • Small up to 72 hours for 80 NIS • Medium up to 2 hours for 20 NIS • Medium up to 72 hours for 100 NIS. Lockers are accessible 24 hours.
- Medical Services – Locations: Airside, Terminal 1, Greeter’s Hall west gallery, near Gate 21 (Hours: 24-hours) • Airside, Terminal 1, Departures Hall (Duty Free area), next to Mother and Child Room (Hours: Not known).
- Pharmacy – SkyPharm offers services. Location: Terminal 3, 3rd Floor, Buy and Bye Mall. Hours: Unknown.
- Mobile Charging Stations – Charge your electronic devices for free at charging stations located throughout Terminals 1 and 3. Mobile charging stations are also available for faster service, see Luggage Storage and Lockers above.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
- Banking Services – Yahav Bank offers full-service banking, currency exchange and an ATM. Location: Airside, Terminal 1, near Massada Lounge Hours: Vary (closed Friday & Sat).
- Currency Exchange – Terminal 3, Bank Hapoalim offers 24-hour service from three locations: Landside, Baggage Claim near carousels 6 and 7 • Landside, Eastern Hall • Landside, Check-In counter between Departure Hall and Buy & Bye Mall. • Terminal 1, the Yahav Bank provides currency exchange. Hours: vary depending on the day of week but never opens before 8:00 and closes by 1:00PM or 5:00PM and is never open on Friday.
- TravelersBox – Turn your leftover change into emoney at any TravelersBox kiosk! Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall, near Bank Hapoalim currency exchange.
- Synagogues – Three locations: Airside, Terminal 1, Eastern Hall, near gate 2 • Airside, Terminal 3, Greeter’s Hall east gallery on 1st floor • Airside, Terminal 3, Duty Free Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – JR/Duty Free has four locations: Airside, Concourses B, C and D. In addition, you will find a small selection of other shops selling jewellery, clothing, books, etc.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in the King David El-Al Lounge.
- Spa – Not available
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in the designated locations only (airside and landside) as well as in Schmoozy’s Pub in the Rotunda.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Tel Aviv airport is served by the following airlines: Adria • Aegean Airlines • Aeroflot • Air Baltic • Air Berlin • Air Canada • Air Europa • Air France • Air Malta • Air Mediterranée • Air Serbia • Air Sinai • Alitalia • ANA • American Airlines • Arkia • Astra Airlines • Atlasglobal • Austrian Airlines • Azerbaijan Airlines • Belavia • Blue Air • Bluebird Airways • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bul Air • Bulgaria Air • Cathay PAcific • Corendon Airlines • Corsair • Croatia Airlines • Cyprus Airways • CSA Czech Airlines • Delta • Dniproavia • Donavia Airlines • easyJet • El Al Israel Airlines • Enter Air • Ethiopian Airlines • Finnair • Freebird Airlines • Georgian Airlines • Germania • Germanwings • Hainan Airlines • Hermes Airlines • Iberia • Israir • Jet2 • KLM • Korean Air • LOT • Lufthansa • Meridiana • Mistral Air • Monarch Airlines • Neos • NIKI • Norwegian • Onur Air • Orenair • Pegasus Airlines • Rossiya Airlines • Royal Jordanian • SAS • S7 Airlines • Small Planet Airlines • SunExpress • Swiss • Tailwind Airlines • Tandem Aero • Tarom • Thai Airways • Transavia • Travel Service • TUIFly • Turkish Airlines • Tus Airways • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Ural Air • Uzbekistan Air • VIM Airlines • Vueling • Wizz Air • XL Airways • Yakutia Airlines • YAN Air.
The following companies offer bus service from Terminal 3, Level 2 (Public Transport Level):
Egged offers a connector shuttle (Line 5) between the airport, Airport City and El Al Junction. From El Al Junction, passengers can transfer to/from Egged bus lines traveling to/from Petah Tikva, Rehovot, Jerusalem, Hadera, Netanya, Ramla, Haifa, Ra’anana Junction and Ramat Gan Ayalon Mall.
Kavim provides service between the airport, El Al Junction (line 13), Shoham and Modi’in.
Metropoline offers bus service between Ben Gurion Airport and Be’er Sheva (Beersheba).
Afikim offers 24-hour service between the airport and Jerusalem. The bus departs hourly on the hour. Rate is 16 NIS.
Car rental desks are located on the 1st floor in the Arrivals Hall. From this location, renters will be directed by staff to take the free shuttle to the Pardes Parking Lot for vehicle pick up. Returning renters will have access to that same shuttle to get back to the airport terminals. The following agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Eldan, Hertz and Shlomo Sixt.
The airport operates a free shuttle service between the terminals and long term parking which runs in a circuit every 10 – 20 minutes, 24 hour a day. The shuttle stop for shuttles travelling from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1 is located on Level G, next to the stop for long term parking shuttles. The shuttle stop for shuttles travelling from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 is at Terminal 1, opposite Gate 4. Shuttles for the long term parking lot leave from Terminal 3, Level G, Gate 1.
Taxis are readily available 24 hours a day, and dispatchers are available at Terminal 3 (Level G, Exit Gate 3) and Terminal 1 (Gate 3) to assist passengers in hiring a taxi. For safety reasons, please hire a taxi through the dispatcher only. Hadar Lod taxis travel between the airport and all areas of Israel. Nesher taxis, available at Level G, Exit Gates 1-3, travel to Jerusalem and the surrounding regions. Amal taxis, available at Level G, Exit Gates 1-3, travel to Haifa and the surrounding regions. All taxi services are available 24 hours a day. A surcharge of NIS 5 is added to the fares of every trip leaving from the airport. Night fares apply from 5:00PM – 5:00AM Friday into Saturday, and from 9:00PM to 5:29AM all other days, including Shabbat and Jewish holidays. Additional surcharges may apply for luggage, parties of more than 2 passengers or travel on toll roads. Use this Ben Gurion Airport Taxi Fare Calculator to help you estimate the cost of your journey.
Ben Gurion Airport Train Station is located on the lower level of Terminal 3. Passengers departing from Terminal 1 can use the free inter-terminal shuttle. For routes, timetables and fare information, go to the Israel Railways website.
Pro-Tip: A reader tells us “There is now a fast train that goes direct from the airport to Jerusalem Yitzchak Navon train station, which is across the street from Jerusalem Central Bus Station. It’s a 20-minute ride and is quicker than any other mode of transport to Jerusalem, including driving.” (May 2019)
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.