Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Windhoek Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I am very pleased to announce Windhoek’s airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. – Soren
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hosea Kutako Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and quiet single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s highly-recommended first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Windhoek Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Etango Ranch Guest Farm (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Airport Lodge – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. upon request, starting at N$ 295.00 each way. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Windhoek Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Windhoek Airport in the Oshoto Lounge.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Currency Exchange – Yes
Duty Free & Shopping – Yes
Food & Drinks – Yes
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
In November 2016, a reader sent us an email to tell us that the airport is open from approx. 5:00AM/5:30AM until 11:00PM.
As of March 2018, Windhoek airport is served by the following airlines: South African Airlines • KLM • Ethiopian Airlines • Qatar Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis, Budget, and Imperial offer car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.