Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Windhoek Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I am very pleased to announce Windhoek’s airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. – Soren
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hosea Kutako Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and quiet single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s highly-recommended first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A recent review (2018) mentioned that the airport staff allowed them to sleep overnight (11:00PM – 4:30AM), but that the staff interrupted their sleep twice. A few outlets were available for charging and WiFi was unlimited; however, they needed a password to access WiFi which was provided at the Information Desk. Be sure to arrive before the Information Desk staff go home for the evening.
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Windhoek Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Etango Ranch Guest Farm (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Airport Lodge – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. upon request, starting at N$ 295.00 each way. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Windhoek Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Windhoek Airport. A recent review (2018) mentioned they obtained a password from the information desk and were able to enjoy unlimited WiFi.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Currency Exchange – Yes
Duty Free & Shopping – Yes
Food & Drinks – Yes
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailbox. Location: unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
While it appears that this airport closes at night, as of this update, we have heard from a reviewer that they were permitted to stay overnight. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of March 2019, Windhoek airport is served by the following airlines: Air Namibia • Airlink • British Airways • Condor • Ethiopian Airways • Eurowings • KLM • Qatar Airways • South African Airlines • TAAG Angola • Westair Aviation.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis, Budget, and Imperial offer car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-03-22
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.