Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Yaounde Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
They continue to spoil the life of poor passengers without any sanction – Tanu
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Yaounde Airport.
What to Expect
Yantai Airport has a small terminal that handles several African and European routes. Travellers report surprisingly modern facilities but warn of long security procedures, so consider arriving early. Amenities include an eatery and free WiFi.
Where to Sleep
We have no reviews from travellers who have slept at this airport. If you’ve visited recently, please write a review to help future travellers! For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door.
- AFAMBA VIP Lounge – A luxury salon exclusively reserved for the authorities, it welcomes the personalities whose list is published by the Civil Cabinet. Rate: 25,000 FCFA / passenger.
- GOLD Lounge – Luxury lounge reserved for First Class passengers. Price: 15,000 FCFA / passenger.
- MEFOU Lounge – A lounge exclusively reserved for Business Class passengers. Price: 12,500 FCFA / passenger.
- ONGOLA Lounge – A spacious and comfortable lounge reserved for delegations and other passengers. Price: 10,000 FCFA / passenger.
If sleeping in Yaounde Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Tou ‘Ngou Hotel – (25 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Merina Hotel – (30 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Hilton Yaounde – (30 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up for passengers of Air France, SN Brussels Airlines, and Kenya Airways flights between 8:00AM and 9:30PM daily. Passengers of all other airlines will be charged 10,000 FCFA for pick-up from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, and 25,000 FCFA for pick-up from 6:00PM to 6:00AM.
» Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in Yaounde on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
A reader let us know that free WiFi is available at Yaounde Airport throughout the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baggage Trolley – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in the esplanade and in the baggage claim hall.
Currency Exchange – Available at the financial institutions in the public hall, landside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty free shops are available, along with a selection of stores to help pass your time at the airport.
Food & Drinks – There is a cafe/restaurant.
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – A reader let us know that power outlets are available for charging mobile devices.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2019, Yaounde airport is served by the following airlines: Air Côte d’Ivoire • Air France • ASKY Airlines • Brussels Airlines • Camair Co. • Ethiopian Airlines • Kenya Airways • Royal Air Maroc • Turkish Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Autorent offers car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-11-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.