Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Yaounde Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
They continue to spoil the life of poor passengers without any sanction – Tanu
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Yaounde International Airport.
What to Expect
- Small airport with limited facilities, but said to be “surprisingly modern and clean” by one reviewer.
- WiFI is available in the VIP Lounge. See WiFi below.
- If you have a Gold or higher Sky team or Star Alliance status, you will be given access to the VIP Lounge. See Airport Lounges below.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews from travellers who attempted to sleep in this airport.
- There are no hotels at the airport nor nearby. See Airport Hotels below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- AFAMBA VIP Lounge – A luxury salon exclusively reserved for the authorities, it welcomes the personalities whose list is published by the Civil Cabinet. Rate: 40,000 FCFA / passenger
- GOLD Lounge – Luxury lounge reserved for First Class passengers. Price: 15,000 FCFA / passenger.
- MEFOU Lounge – A lounge exclusively reserved for Business Class passengers. Price: 15,000 FCFA / passenger.
- ONGOLA Lounge – A spacious and comfortable lounge reserved for delegations and other passengers. Price: 10 000 FCFA / passenger.
If sleeping in Yaounde Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Tou ‘Ngou Hotel – (25 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Merina Hotel – (30 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Hilton Yaounde – (30 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up for passengers of Air France, SN Brussels Airlines, and Kenya Airways flights between 8:00AM and 9:30PM daily. Passengers of all other airlines will be charged 10,000 FCFA for pick-up from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, and 25,000 FCFA for pick-up from 6:00PM to 6:00AM.
» Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in Yaounde on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Yaounde Airport inside the VIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baggage Trolley – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in the esplanade and in the baggage claim hall.
Children’s Play Areas – Not available.
Currency Exchange – Available at the financial institutions in the public hall, landside.
Food & Drinks – There is a cafe/restaurant.
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of March 2018, Yaounde airport is served by the following airlines: Air France • Turkish Airlines • Royal Air Maroc • Brussels Airlines • Ethiopian Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Autorent offers car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.