If your flight home from Egypt gets delayed or you find yourself stuck in Hurghada International Airport overnight, you’ll be interested to know if there are any good snoozing spots. With the help of past travellers, we’ve created this sleep guide to tell you all you need to know about sleeping in Hurghada Airport.
If you have your own experience of sleeping at this airport, write a review to help us keep this sleep guide up-to-date for future sleepy travellers!
Can You Sleep at Hurghada Airport Overnight?
Hurghada Airport isn’t the most overnight sleeper-friendly. Reports suggest that the staff in this airport aren’t the most friendly and don’t allow you to sleep overnight in the terminal’s public area. Instead, they request bribes to take travellers to nearby hotels. The airport website suggests that sleep pods are available in the airside Pearl Lounge, but we could not confirm this. If you can confirm, let us know.
No hotels are inside or connected to the airport, so if you don’t want to get caught short, consider booking a hotel. You can find out more in our Hurghada Airport Guide or visit our hotel partner at Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Hurghada Airport.
Where Can You Sleep at Hurghada Airport?
If you have a long layover before your next flight out of Hurghada, there aren’t many options for ensuring a comfortable nap. In fact, very few reviews have mentioned sleeping in the airport, and one traveller has reported that they were the only one there overnight for over 8 hours while waiting for their friends to arrive.
It doesn’t seem to be an airport where sleeping is possible.
Are There Lounges in Hurghada Airport?
There are two lounges you can pay to access at Hurghada Airport regardless of what airline or class of service you are flying. Find out more about lounges at Hurghada Airport.
Where is the Nearest Hotel?
Sleeping in Hurghada Airport doesn’t seem very common, so you might consider booking a night at a nearby hotel. You can find out more in our Hurghada Airport Guide or visit our hotel partner at Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Hurghada Airport.
Is it Safe to Sleep at Hurghada Airport?
There are reports of staff being aggressive and rude at Hurghada Airport. Please keep this in mind when you are travelling and always keep your wits about you. If you feel unsafe, have an extra cup of coffee and sleep on the plane!
As a precaution, here are a few tips to ensure you have a safe airport sleeping experience:
- Know Where Security is Located. Whether you are sleeping in the airport alone or with friends, it is good to know where security is. Know where their office is located and look for video cameras where you decide to stay the night. Ask security where it is safe to spend the night. They’ve probably seen many airport sleepers before you, and they will direct you to a safe spot.
- Don’t Seclude Yourself. If you are travelling alone, we recommend that you sleep near other travellers or close to security.
- Hide Your Valuables. Don’t leave all your mobile devices out in plain view. We have received reports from people who woke up with only earphones and a laptop bag strap, but without the attached iPods or laptops. The same goes for important documents and money. Keep these secure on your body so no one can get them without waking you up.
- Secure Your Bags. You may want to padlock your bag to something if you are a deep sleeper. If your bags have zippers, turn the bag upside down (zippers to the floor) or sleep with your bag up against the wall, making it hard for someone to access it.
- Choose to Stay Alert. If you don’t feel safe, drink coffee, stay alert, and stay awake. You can always sleep on the plane!
Have You Slept at Hurghada Airport?
Help us keep this page up-to-date for future airport sleepers, and please write a review about your experience sleeping in Hurghada Airport.