If you’re dealing with a long layover or an early morning flight departure at Hyderabad airport, you might be wondering if it is possible to sleep in the airport. Our guide to sleeping in Hyderabad airport provides essential information for seasoned airport sleepers and newbies to help travellers arrive prepared for the experience.
We keep this guide up-to-date with the help of airport sleepers who have generously shared their experiences and airport reviews. If you have any tips or photos to contribute, please take a moment to write a review. Your feedback will help us stay informed about the latest advice for future sleepy travellers.
Can You Sleep Overnight at Hyderabad Airport?
It is possible to sleep overnight at Hyderabad Airport. The airport is open 24 hours a day, and flights arrive throughout the night. If you have a layover and you’re here from the very early hours of the morning, you can find somewhere to sleep until your next flight.
There are reports of comfortable recliner-style chairs at most departure gates. Like any airport, though, these tend to be the most popular amongst sleepy travellers, so if you see a free one, grab it before it’s too late!
There are also chairs throughout the terminal, but they have armrests, so sleeping won’t be very comfortable. If you’d rather stretch out, we recommend bringing a sleeping mat or bag with you to help you get comfortable.
Are There Any Hotels Within Walking Distance of Hyderabad Airport?
If you’d rather have a more traditional place to sleep, dormitory-style cubicles and private rooms are available to rent per hour at Airport Lodge. Depending on the package you purchase, some of these rooms are also equipped with a TV and shower facilities.
Located at the Public Transportation Centre area of the airport, the Airport Lodge offers dormitory-style lodging and private rooms, exclusive rooms for ladies (on request), shower facilities (r.120 / 30 minutes), luggage storage, cafeteria, and 24-hour security. Dorms have lockers. Private rooms have attached bathrooms and LCD TVs. The hotel offers 6, 12 and 24-hour room rates. A free shuttle bus runs between the airport and the Airport Lodge every 10 minutes. Rates as of December 2023:
- Dormitory (no air-conditioning): r.360 (6 hours) – r.540 (12 hours) – r.780 (24 hours)
- Dormitory (air-conditioning): r.540 (6 hours) – r.720 (12 hours) – r.1080 (24 hours)
- Standard Room: r.1440/single or r.360/double (12 hours) – r.1980/single or r.360/double (24 hours)
- Deluxe Room: r.1980/single or r.2340/double (6 hours) – r.2580/single or r.3120/double (12 hours)
If you’d rather book in for a guaranteed, comfortable night’s sleep, there is also a nearby hotel.
- Novotel Hotel » Check Rates
Quality seems to be mixed, so we only listed one hotel. For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Hyderabad Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Does Hyderabad Airport Have Airport Lounges?
Hyderabad Airport has some lounges you can pay to access, but none have designated rest or sleep zones. Learn more about the lounges at Hyderabad Airport in our Airport Lounge Guide.
Are There Showers in Hyderabad Airport?
You can access showers at Hyderabad Airport for a small fee.
There are showers in all three of the Plaza Premium Lounges. Check out our Airport Lounge Guide to learn more.
There is also a Spa in the domestic departures area with showers available. Learn more about the Spa on the Hyderabad Airport website.
Is There Anything Open 24 Hours at Hyderabad Airport?
If you’ve given up trying to sleep and want to try to find somewhere to eat instead, you might not have much luck at Hyderabad Airport. There are food options available, but unfortunately, we can’t confirm if these are open 24 hours.
There are vending machines which might be suitable for quick snacks and refreshments if you’re desperate! Otherwise, make sure to bring some snacks and drinks with you if possible.
Is It Safe to Sleep in Hyderabad Airport?
We do not have any reports of safety issues at Hyderabad Airport. However, sleeping in any airport can include a certain level of risk, especially when travelling alone. It’s important to take certain precautions to ensure your safety and the security of your valuables. Here are a few tips:
- Safety First. It’s a good idea to know where the security office is located and look for video cameras where you plan to sleep. You can also ask the security personnel for advice on the safest places to spend the night.
- Don’t Seclude Yourself. If you’re travelling alone, we recommend you stay near other travellers or close to security. This will help you feel more secure and deter potential thieves.
- Hide Your Valuables. It’s also important to hide your valuables. Don’t leave them out in plain view, as this could make you a target for theft. Additionally, if you are a deep sleeper, you may want to padlock your bag to something or sleep with your bag up against a wall to make it harder for someone to access zippers and pockets. We have received reports of sleepers who woke up without their phones and laptop bags. The travellers were left with just their headphones and laptop bag strap.
- Stay Alert. It’s best to stay alert and awake if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages to help you stay awake, and remember that you can always catch up on sleep during your flight. These simple precautions can help you enjoy a safe night at the airport.
Write a Review
To help us keep this page up-to-date for future airport sleepers, write a review about your experience sleeping in Hyderabad Airport.
Airport Photo Gallery
At the time of this update we did not have any photos of Hyderabad Airport. If you would like to share photos from your airport experience, click here.