Date: October 15, 2016
In the Caribbean and Central America, the worst airports are those deemed to be especially crowded, chaotic, hot and dirty. Few things frustrate travellers more than standing in a tightly packed security lineup, with nothing more than a slight breeze from an ineffective fan in a tropical climate. When they finally push through security, grievances are worsened by the fact that there are few restaurants, few chairs, and few pleasantries offered. These lines have the capacity to sour even the most holiday-goers, landing them on the list of Worst Airports in the Caribbean and Central America.
- Port au Prince Toussaint Louverture International Airport, Haiti (PAP)
- Holguin Frank País Airport, Cuba (HOG)
- Varadero Juan Gualberto Gómez Airport, Cuba (HOG)
- Punta Cana International Airport, Dominican Republic (PUJ)
- St. Thomas Cyril E. King Airport, US Virgin Islands (STT)
Now that you’ve read about the worst airports, read on to see what awaits on the Best Airports in the Caribbean and Central America!