Agadir Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Agadir Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Thumbs up for the Agadir Airport! Although being completely deserted and offering only Metal-Benches (but without armrests) no one hassled us (two girls). - Petra
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Agadir – Al Massira Airport.
What to Expect
- Reviews are mixed on this small single-terminal airport. Some reviewers had a pleasant, uneventful stay and others claim to have been harassed or threatened by airport employees. This airport is in a very conservative country, so take care to learn local customs to help your travel experience go smoother.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although reviewers did not report a specific spot for sleeping, one did mention that comfortable padded benches are available in the airport terminal.
- One reviewer reported that the airport’s bathrooms are kept locked at night, with airport security refusing to open them. Keep this in mind when deciding to spend the night here.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Agadir Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Convives de Marque Arrivals And Departure Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Landside.
- Convives de Marque Departure Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside.
WiFi is available at Agadir Airport for a fee, payable by credit card or by purchasing WiFi vouchers at one of the airport’s coffee shops or participating retailers throughout the airport.
If sleeping in Agadir Al Massira Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Agadir city center, as there are no hotels in or near the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Ibis Budget Agadir - (22 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Tikida Golf Palace - (28 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Riad dar Maktoub - (28 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request via email. 22€ each way.
- Residence Asaka - (30 minutes from the airport) Budget lodging in a beach area. No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Agadir Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available in the public hall, Arrivals hall, and the car park.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: Departures Hall, landside.
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange kiosks and full-service banking is offered in both landside and airside areas of the Arrivals Hall. Hours: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry Maroc and IDFS offer duty-free shopping in the pre-boarding area. A small variety of shops selling sweets, flowers, essential oils, Moroccan handicrafts and more, are available both landside and airside in the Departures area.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate according to flight schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes, available landside in the Check-In area.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Emergency Medical Unit (UMU). Location: Arrivals Hall, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - Location: Public Hall. Hours: Open daily at 9:30AM.
- Prayer Rooms - Yes, available in the International boarding area (airside) and International arrivals area (landside).
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Area - Yes, there is a smoking area located airside in Departures, on a patio near the cafeteria area.
The airport is open 24 hours. On the Agadir Airport web site they say "there are no hotel at the airport or in the near... so sleeping at the airport is a good option". They even use a quote past airport sleepers made on the SleepingInAirports web site. :-)
Easycar and Europcar have counters at the airport.
According to the airport's web site, There is no direct public bus to the Agadir city center. However, local bus #22 leaves from the main road, a short walk outside the airport terminal. The bus will take you to the suburb of Inezgane and costs 4 dirham. The last bus leaves the airport at 8:30PM. At Inezgane, take the #20, 24 or 28 bus to the Agadir city center. The fare is 3 dirham. For around the same price, you can get a seat in a shared taxi to Agadir.
Taxis are available outside the arrivals hall. The fares to the Agadir city center are fixed (approx. 200 dirham), so confirm the rate before you enter the taxi. Travel time: 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.