Agadir Airport Guide
Thumbs up for the Agadir Airport! Although being completely deserted and offering only Metal-Benches (but without armrests) no one hassled us (two girls). - Petra
May 2015 - I had one of the worst airport experiences ever at Agadir Al Massira Airport. Extremely unfriendly people at the check, very disrespectful treating you like a piece of shit for no reason at all. My boyfriend noted that it was probably because I was wearing a top where you could see the upper part of my breast. In most parts of the world totally OK, even my 70 year old mother would wear such a top, but in Morocco - although it is extremely touristic and has gotten ridiculously expensive - this is not something you should be showing. Ideally you should show only your eyes. You should be ashamed about the rest and for being a woman. And at the airport they like to remind you that fact, as if being every day on the street and feeling mistreated by the majority is not enough. I passed through the control, it didn't pip, still they told me to come to the side, did a uncomfortable and not professional body control. The police woman even put her longer nails in my hair, touching my head. Then she forced me to go into the new type of control where you stand in a room and they scan you. Then she told me to open my bag and took my tiny nail scissors, that I had taken with me from Berlin and that I have been traveling with since years (I travel 2-4 times per month by plane for business or leisure). Note: I am a 35 year old woman, normal height, brown hair, casually dressed for a 32 degrees trip. I was wearing trousers, a top and a scarf. Had to remove my scarf because of the control though. I am a lawyer and travel a lot all around the globe.
Have you been to Agadir Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Agadir airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Convives de Marque Arrivals And Departure Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Landside. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Convives de Marque Departure Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
WiFi is available at the Agadir Airport.
If sleeping in Agadir Al Massira Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Agadir city center, as there are no hotels in or near the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Ibis Budget Agadir - (22 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Tikida Golf Palace - (28 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Riad dar Maktoub - (28 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Residence Asaka - (30 min from the airport) Budget lodging in a beach area. No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Agadir Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Yes (Cafeteria)
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Post Office - Yes
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours. On the Agadir Airport web site they say "there are no hotel at the airport or in the near... so sleeping at the airport is a good option". They even use a quote past airport sleepers made on the SleepingInAirports web site. :-)
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
- Car Rentals - Easycar and Europcar have counters at the airport.
- Public Transportation - According to the airport's web site, There is no direct public bus to the Agadir city center. However, local bus #22 leaves from the main road, a short walk outside the airport terminal. The bus will take you to the suburb of Inezgane and costs 4 dirham. The last bus leaves the airport at 8:30pm. At Inezgane, take the #20, 24 or 28 bus to the Agadir city center. The fare is 3 dirham. For around the same price, you can get a seat in a shared taxi to Agadir.
- Taxis - Taxis are available outside the arrivals hall. The fares to the Agadir city center are fixed (approx. 200 dirham), so confirm the rate before you enter the taxi. Travel time: 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 19 November 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.