Aswan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Aswan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It's a tiny airport that is closed during the night, but they let us sleep inside.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Aswan International Airport.
What to Expect
- Detailed information is currently unavailable at this time, but according to one reviewer, the restrooms were clean, the seating is comfortable and airport security is unobtrusive.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers advise to let airport security know of your intentions to spend the night so they can direct you on where to sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Aswan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If attempting to sleep in the Aswan Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Aswan city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- AnaKato Nubian Houses - (11 min from the airport) Airport shuttle can be arranged. Ffee is LE110 each way.
- B&B Saluga - (17 min from the airport) This B&B is located on Sehel Island, just south of Aswan city, and is only reachable by boat. Airport transfers are available, and the owner of B&B Saluga will pick you up from the airport himself.
- Pyramisa Isis Island Resort - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request (via email with 48 hours advance notice) for $20.00 USD each way.
- Movenpick Resort Aswan - (20 min from the airport) Located on Elephantine Island, only reachable by free 24/7 ferry service. Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel for $25 USD, each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Aswan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. At the time of this update, the average fare between the airport and city center is 30 - 40 LE.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.