Bamako Sénou Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bamako Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The concept of politely queuing up at the check in counter is completely foreign to most passengers. - M. Davy
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Modibo Keita International Airport.
What to Expect
- Detailed information is currently unavailable at this time, but according to a review, do not expect order and efficient service, especially at the check-in counters.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. One reviewer mentions that landside is not ideal for sleeping, due to the hectic atmosphere and aggressive vendors. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bamako Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- MT3A Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Landside. Hours: 6:00AM - 3:00AM.
- Salon Zira - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If attempting to sleep in the Bamako Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- La Venise Malienne - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle can be arranged by the hotel, it is free when you stay more than 2 nights and 8,00€ each way when you stay 1 night.
- The Sleeping Camel - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel with a 3rd party for 12500 CFA each way.
- Auberge Djamilla - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel.
- Hotel Le Baobab - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bamako Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located at several points in the airport.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a few shops selling souvenirs, clothing, SIM cards, and crafts.
- Food & Drinks - A cafeteria is located in the Departures area.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. At the time of this update, the average fare between the airport and the city center is between 6,000 - 7,500F CFA.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.