Bangui Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bangui Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Customer service is very poor and everything moves very slowly. Yet there are resources to hire people to check my passport 9 times between arrival at the airport and boarding of the flight. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bangui Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport is small and crowded - and before major flights, there is very limited seating.
- Have your passport ready! One reviewer commented that his passport had been checked 9 times.
- There is limited air conditioning. The airport is reportedly "muggy" on most days.
- Tissue and hand sanitizer are recommended when visiting the washrooms.
- WiFi is available in the lounge.
Where to Sleep
- At the time of this update, we had no reviews from travellers who were actually able to sleep in this airport.
- There are no hotels or rest areas on-site. For nearby hotels, see Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- For a little more comfort, passengers can pay to use the lounge. See Airport Lounges below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bangui Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
At the time of this update there was a lounge that travellers can pay to access. According to an airport review in April 2016, the rate was 5,000 FCFA (approx. US$ 10). Location: landside.
WiFi is available at Bangui Airport inside the lounge. At the time of this update in May 2016, it is not known whether there is WiFi anywhere else in the terminal.
If sleeping in Bangui Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Ledger Plaza Bangui - (15 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is provided upon request.
- Karakandji Guest House - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged for a fee.
- Oubangui Hotel - (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged for a fee.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bangui Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available, although we do hear that the airport is quite outdated and lacking in facilities. If you have recently traveled to this airport and can update us on its current services, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.