East London Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our East London Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at East London Airport.
What to Expect
- The small, single terminal has been renovated in the last 20 years, and connects the East Cape to larger, international airports in South Africa.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport, though they either do not provide airport shuttle or charge a fee for use. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our East London Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at East London airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Bidvest Premier Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures Terminal, Airside, Ground Level, at the end of the corridor. Lounge Access: Book Online (£13.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at East London Airport for up to 4 hours or 1GB, whichever comes first. Connect to the “Airports@Vast” network. Registration requires an email address and contact number.
If sleeping in East London Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sunnyridge Lodge - Less than 3 miles away, this is the closest accommodation to the airport. Airport shuttle is available ($)
- Shabanga Guest Farm - Less than 3 miles from the airport. Free airport shuttle is available.
- Cove View B&B - Less than 5 miles from the airport. No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near East London Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs - There are 4 ATMs in the Departures area near central screening and they are run by ABSA, Ned Bank, FNB and Standard.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby changing facilities are available in the ladies restrooms in the Departures terminal.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services - Lifts and ramps available. Services are available for passengers needing boarding/disembarking assistance, but should be organized in advance with your airline.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Mile High Pub • Mugg & Bean • Wimpy.
- Information Desk - Located in the arrivals terminal and open from 6:00AM – 9:00PM daily.
- Observation Deck - Yes.
- Prayer Rooms - Available on request. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the guide.
- Car Rentals
Car rentals are available in the main terminal building. The following companies are represented: Avis • Budget • Europcar • First Car Rental • Hertz • National • Tempest.
- Public Transportation
Shuttle: Two shuttles depart from in front of the arrivals hall. They can be booked in advance by phone.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.