George Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our George Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at George Airport.
What to Expect
- The small, single terminal was built in 1977, and connects the Western Cape to larger airports in South Africa.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 15 minutes of the airport, though none provide airport shuttles. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our George Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at George airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Bidvest Premier Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, Domestic Departures. Lounge Access: Book Online (£13.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at George Airport for up to 4 hours or 1GB, whichever comes first. Connect to the “Airports@Vast” network. Registration requires an email address and contact number.
If sleeping in George Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels directly at the airport. However, the drive into town is only 12 to 15 minutes. Here are the nearest hotels:
- French Lodge International Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Oakhurst Hotel - (12 mins from airport) No airport shuttle. However, the hotel will arrange a taxi for you, approximately R140 each way, contact the Hotel with your flight details.
- Protea Hotel Outeniqua Hotel - (12 mins from airport) No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near George Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs - ATMs are located in both the Main hall and Arrivals hall.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby care facilities are available on request. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Conference Facilities – A conference and boardroom are located on the first floor and can seat 30 and 10 people respectively. Reservations can be made over the phone.
- Currency Exchange – Imali Express foreign exchange is located in the arrivals hall.
- Disabled Services – Lifts and ramps make George airport accessible. Additional services can be requested when booking.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, there are no 24-hour food options available. However, there are two restaurants in the Departures Terminal.
- Information Desk – Located in the arrivals terminals and open during the day.
- Medical Services - A basic first aid unit is available in the airport.
- Observation Deck - Yes. Location unknown.
- Prayer Rooms – Available on request. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the guide.
- Car Rentals
Car rental kiosks are found in the main terminal building. The following companies are represented at the airport: Avis • Budget • Europcar • First • Hertz • National • Tempest • Thrifty.
- Airport Shuttles
A number of shuttle services connect the airport with various locations
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.