Kigali Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kigali Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
They are constructing a lot but maintenance is bad. Escalators don't work anymore.
- a traveller (2016)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kigali International Airport.
What to Expect
- A work in progress, this airport is currently undergoing construction. Facilities are non-functioning or non-existent, shopping and dining options are currently very limited.
- Long, slow lines for check-in and security checkpoints.
- Travelers cannot enter the airport without flight ticket or boarding pass.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kigali Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Pearl Lounge - Location: Airside, next to Gate 1. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Kigali Airport in the waiting area of the airport.
If sleeping in Kigali Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- La Palisse Hotel - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available.
- Havugimana Israel Guest Centre - (5 min from the airport) 24-hour airport transfers are available ($).
- Civitas Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up available upon request (email).
- Chez Lando - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request.
- Five to Five Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kigali Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - There is an ATM machine located at the airport however many report that it does not accept international cards.
- Food & Drink - There is a cafe located landside, hours are not known.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.