Lagos Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lagos Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport has improved enormously and is tolerable in itself.
photo credit: Kenneth Iwelumo / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Lagos Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals: MMA1 (government run) and MMA2 (privately run).
- Most travellers who visited MMA1 reported on the poor facilities of this airport: bathrooms are dirty, food sanitation is questionable, and there is reportedly poor/limited air conditioning, despite its hot, malarial-prone temperatures.
- Several travellers reported instances of being asked for bribes, handouts, etc., from airport staff and security. An official from MMA2 contacted us regarding this matter and they say "Our security staff (AVSEC) as well as all security officials in our terminal are aware of our policy, which states, asking for bribes or handouts result in disciplinary actions, hence they don’t participate in such activities."
Where to Sleep
- We don’t have many reports from travellers who have spent the night. A few travellers reported that the domestic hall is quieter overnight than the international terminal.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are located near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; showers are available in some. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lagos Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lagos airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - last scheduled flight departure (approx. 8:45PM).
- Gabfol Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Arik Air Wing. Showers are available ($). Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£17 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Llegada Arrival Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Landside, Wing D, opposite the Baggage Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Llegada Arrival Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Landside, Wing E, to the right of the Arrival Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- ASL Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
- SDS Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Hours: Open 24 Hours.
- Skyway Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Showers are available. Hours: Open 24 Hours.
- Gabfol Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Showers are available ($). Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£25 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Oasis Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Showers are available. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:00PM (Daily).
- Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing, Mezzanine Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
If sleeping in Lagos Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Blue Lodge Hotel - (located 300m from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available from 8:00AM - 5:00PM Monday to Friday. Outside these hours you can arrange a taxi for approx. N2,500.00 each way. Day use rooms available starting at N15,000.00 for a maximum of 6 hours.
- Golden Tulip Essential Lagos Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service are available.
- Ibis Lagos Airport - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Smridu Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport pick up is available upon request for 6,000NGN each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lagos Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Lagos Airports inside the lounges. At the time of this update, we have no information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the airport. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two banks at MM2, but it is not known if there are cash machines on the premises.
- Car Rentals - Achan I • Achan II • Tuance
- Currency Exchange - Available at the banks (see ATMs / Cash Machines above).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available in the International Terminal.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know if there are any 24-hour food concessions available at the airport. Here are some of the food options: Barcelos • Double 4 • Mr Biggs • The Promise • Things Remembered • Village Kitchen.
- Information Desk - An Information Desk can be found in the arrivals area.
- Post Office - Yes, in the International Terminal.
- Showers - Showers are are available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.