Lagos Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lagos Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport has improved enormously and is tolerable in itself.
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Lagos Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals: MMA1 (government run) and MMA2 (privately run).
- Most travellers who visited MMA1 reported on the poor facilities of this airport: bathrooms are dirty, food sanitation is questionable, and there is reportedly poor/limited air conditioning, despite its hot, malarial-prone temperatures.
- Several travellers reported instances of being asked for bribes, handouts, etc., from airport staff and security. An official from MMA2 contacted us regarding this matter and they say "Our security staff (AVSEC) as well as all security officials in our terminal are aware of our policy, which states, asking for bribes or handouts result in disciplinary actions, hence they don’t participate in such activities."
Where to Sleep
- We don’t have many reports from travellers who have spent the night. A few travellers reported that the domestic hall is quieter overnight than the international terminal.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are located near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; showers are available in some. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lagos Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lagos airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - last scheduled flight departure (approx. 8:45PM).
- Gabfol Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Arik Air Wing. Showers are available ($). Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£17).
- ASL Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
- SDS Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Hours: Open 24 Hours.
- Skyway Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Showers are available. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
- Gabfol Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Showers are available ($). Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£25).
- Oasis Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing. Showers are available. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:00PM (Daily).
- Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, E-Wing, Mezzanine Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
WiFi is available at Lagos Airports inside the lounges. It is not unknown if WiFi is available elsewhere in the airport. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
If sleeping in Lagos Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Blue Lodge Hotel - Located just 300m from the airport terminal. Free roundtrip airport shuttle service available. Day use rooms available (check out by 6:00PM, same day).
- African Sun Airport Hotel Lagos - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Ibis Lagos Airport - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Smridu Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport pick up available for 5,000NGN and drop-off available for 4,000NGN.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lagos Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two banks at MM2, but it is not known if there are cash machines on the premises.
- Car Rentals - Achan I • Achan II • Tuance
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know if there are any 24-hour food concessions available at the airport. Here are some of the food options: Barcelos • Double 4 • Mr Biggs • The Promise • Things Remembered • Village Kitchen.
- Showers - Showers are are available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.