Monrovia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Monrovia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The bathrooms are pretty scary and there were enough (human) pests around to make somebody want to chase themselves. - Lee
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Roberts International Airport, or “Robertsfield”.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with limited flight service, filthy facilities and minimal shopping and dining options.
- Reviewers describe this airport as congested, dirty and rife with extortion attempts by airport staff. Once you get past the security checkpoints and into the boarding/waiting area, the atmosphere is much calmer.
- Exorbitant airport “departure” fee.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Monrovia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
information not available
If sleeping in Roberts International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards Monrovia city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Palm Spring Resort - (30 min from the airport) Free airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel.
- RLJ Kendeja Resort & Villas - (40 min from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request for $50.00 USD each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Monrovia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
Information not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.