About This Airport:
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bangkok Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had to spend a few nights at BKK recently after losing my passport and i have to say, next time, id CHOOSE to stay there. - gentmartin
photo credit: Roger Price / Wikipedia [ submit a photo ]
Stayed for 6 hours outside immigration. I recommend going to the lower level where the trains are. Here you will find sufficient 4-wide coushined chair rows (without arms). Best of all this area is far quieter than the upper levels. There is a 7/11 for brews and a subway and other good things. Subway has wifi that they seemingly give you after a purchase (think a cookie). The airport had a wifi but it is paid after 15 minutes and confusing to set up, so best use the computers around the place (ask at information desks) if you have no devices. The main problem with the lower level is that there are no bathrooms, so if you're solo and camping some seats this might be a problem. Food is not amazing, I would recommend sticking to Thai cuisine. Foreign cuisine is more expensive.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse A, Airside, Block 2, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: from £35 (3 hours) or £60 (5 hours). [ book lounge ]
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse C, Airside, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: from £35 (3 hours) or £60 (5 hours). [ book lounge ]
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse F, Level 3 (West Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: US$ 56 (3 hours) or US$ 96 (5 hours).
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: US$ 56 (3 hours) or US$ 96 (5 hours).
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: from £35 (3 hours) or £60 (5 hours). [ book lounge ]
Transfer Lounges - Free lounges for the purpose of resting in between flights. Equipped with reclining leather chairs. Location: Airside, Concourse B and D (west side)
- Free WiFi is available at the Bangkok airport for 15 minutes. Beyond that time, you will have to pay.
- There are 126 internet kiosks offering free internet. Users can only connect for 15 minutes at a time. Once your time expires you can login again.
If sleeping in the Bangkok Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel - 10-minute walk from the airport or free airport shuttle. They offer day rooms and 24-Hour Flexi -check in at any time and check out 24 hours later.
- Best Western - free airport shuttle
- Plai Garden Boutique Guesthouse - a budget hotel located 5 minutes from airport. 24-hour airport shuttle.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available in Terminals 2, 3 and 4.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Hertz. Locations: near luggage conveyor belt #2 • near the Domestic Arrivals Hall • near International Arrival Hall, between entrances 7 and 8.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: near the transfer lounges in Concourse B and D (west side)
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Left Luggage Baggage Service Center, 2nd Floor, Arrival Hall, Baggage Claim and 4th Floor, Departure Hall, behind check-in counter Q. Rate: THB 100 per bag per day.
- Prayer Rooms - Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Landside
- Rest Areas - the airport has a few rest lounge areas with comfortable reclining chairs on the third floor, Concourse B and D (on the west side).
- Showers - Information not available
- Sightseeing Tours - If you are in transit, you can advantage of 4, 5 and 7 hour tours in Bangkok. The tour desks are located Airside.
- Spa - Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Landside
open 24 hours
Quick Terminal Tips
- A reader tells us: "WIFI is terrible. They give you a voucher with ID and password. No clear instructions. Most travellers give up. They use a network provider (Wlannet) which has its one commercial signal. So travellers are confused between the free service and the commercial service. Most travellers cannot find the adequate entry point and give up.
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Bangkok Travel Resources
- Bangkok Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 28 June 2012 | Sources: Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.