Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bangkok Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had to spend a few nights at BKK recently after losing my passport and i have to say, next time, id CHOOSE to stay there. - gentmartin
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport.
What to Expect
- Suvarnabhumi is the larger of two Bangkok airports, and serves as the primary international airport, with connections from around the world.
- This is relatively new, beautiful and modern airport. Its single terminal is one of the biggest terminals in the world - and it can be a little confusing.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Busy airport with many overnight travellers but the airport is sleep-friendly with good amount of seating and some private, quieter spots.
- Visit the Observation Deck on the 4th floor (follow signs for Airline Passenger Services) for less air conditioning, so you won’t be cold at night. It’s a quiet area with a few semi-comfortable benches.
- On B floor, there are a few quiet seats next to the Subway and 7-Eleven; these fill up quickly.
- Also on B floor, many folks gather under the stairways for quiet - but the floor is cold so have something to lie on. (This is the entry for the local train, which is closed from 1-6am so it’s quieter here.)
- The area near the International Zone’s prayer room has comfortable couches (Traveller, February 2016).
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep boxes and a transit hotel inside the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- There’s free drinking water near most bathrooms.
- Showers are available in a few of the paid lounges.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; showers are available in some. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bangkok Suvaranbhumi Airport Guide. Consider sending us your Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bangkok airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse A, Airside, Block 2, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£29 - up to 3 hours or £60 - up to 5 hours) • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse C, Airside, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£29 - up to 3 hours or £60 - up to 5 hours) • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse F, Level 3 (West Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£29 - up to 3 hours or £60 - up to 5 hours) • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side), opposite Gate 2. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£29 - up to 3 hours or £60 - up to 5 hours) • Pay at the Door • Priority Pass.
- Oman First & Business Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse E, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: vary. Lounge Access: Book Online (£20 - up to 3 hours) • Priority Pass .
Transfer Lounges - Free lounges for the purpose of resting in between flights. Equipped with reclining leather chairs. Location: Airside, Concourse B and D (west side)
- Free WiFi is available at Bangkok airport for 2 hours. Beyond that time, you will have to pay. Connect to the "@AirportFreeWifi" network.
- There are 126 internet kiosks offering free internet. Users can only connect for 15 minutes at a time. Once your time expires you can login again.
If sleeping in Bangkok Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
- Miracle Transit Hotel (formerly Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms) - Located inside the airport, Airside, 4th Floor, International Departures Hall, Concourse G. Day use rooms for 6 - 12 hours are available. The hotel features a beauty salon, sauna, spa, free WiFi and duty free shops.
- Boxtel - Sleep boxes are located inside the airport. They can be rented for 4 hours (1,160 THB), 6 hours (1,720 THB) and 8 hours (2,280 THB). Boxes contain a single bed and provide free WiFi. Location: Landside, Floor B, Airport Rail Link zone.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel - 10-minute walk from the airport or free airport shuttle. They offer day rooms and 24-Hour Flexi -check in at any time and check out 24 hours later.
- YHA Bangkok Airport Hostel - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- BS Residence Suvarnabhumi - (5 min from the airport) 24-hr free airport shuttle. Day rooms available for use from 9:00AM to 5:00PM for 600 THB.
- Plai Garden Boutique Guesthouse - a budget hotel located 5 minutes from airport. 24-hour airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bangkok Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available in Terminals 2, 3 and 4.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: near the transfer lounges in Concourse B and D (west side) and on the 4th floor of the Concourses C and D (East and West wings).
- Currency Exchange - Location: Concourse D, B Floor.
- Food & Drinks - There is no shortage of food options available as well as convenience stores located both Airside and Landside, at the time of this update it is not known if any are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - There are 10 Information Desk located throughout the airport, both Airside and Landside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Left Luggage Baggage Service Center, 2nd Floor, Arrival Hall, Baggage Claim and 4th Floor, Departure Hall, behind check-in counter Q. Rate: THB 100 per bag per day.
- Medical Facilities - 5 clinics can be found throughout the airport on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Floors of Concourse D.
- Prayer Rooms - Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Landside
- Rest Zones - the airport has a few rest lounge areas with comfortable reclining chairs on the third floor, Concourse B and D (on the west side).
- Showers - Showers are available in the Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel and Louis' Tavern CIP First Class Lounges in the International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side) and Level 3 (West Side). [ see Airport Lounges and Airport Hotels above ]
- Sightseeing Tours - If you are in transit, you can take advantage of 4, 5 and 7 hour tours in Bangkok. The tour desks are located on the Arrivals Level, Concourse C/D and D/E intersections.
- Smoking Room - Location: International Departures, Concourses C, D, E, F and G, on the 2nd Floor.
- Spa - Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Landside
The airport is open 24 hours.
Five BMTA local bus lines operate from the Public Transport Center. Fares range from THB 24 - 35. The bus routes are:
- 550 > Suvarnabhumi to Happy Land (5:00AM - 12:00AM)
- 553 > Suvarnabhumi to Samutprakarn (5:00AM - 10:00PM)
- 554 > Suvarnabhumi to Rangsit (4:00AM - 10:00PM)
- 555 > Suvarnabhumi to Rangsit (runs to 2:00AM)
- 558 > Suvarnabhumi to Samae Dam Garage (hours not available)
Bor Khor Sor regional buses serve the airport from the Public Transport Center. Flat-fare tickets can be purchased from the service counter, open from 5:40AM - 9:00AM.
Car rental service is available 24 hours on the 2nd floor of the passenger terminal, Gate 8. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Bizcar, Budget/World Class, Hertz/Paragon, National (open 8:00AM - 10:00PM), Sixt and Thai Car Rental.
A free shuttle bus service operates between Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang Airports from 5:00AM - 12:00AM. The bus from Don Mueang Airport will drop passengers at Gate 5 on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal.
The airport operates a free shuttle bus service on airport grounds. Passengers can use one of four different shuttle lines to reach the Public Transport Center, Rachathewa Police Station, Novotel Airport Hotel and the airport’s other terminals and parking lots. Lines A and B run from the 1st floor of the passenger terminal (Gates 1 and 10). Lines C and D run from the Departure Terminal (4th floor, Gate 5) or the Arrivals Terminal (2nd floor, Gate 5).
Limousine service is available 24 hours a day at the airport. A range of chauffeur-driven luxury class sedans and SUV’s are available for hire from the Airport Limousine Service Counter on the 2nd floor at Baggage Claims and Arrivals Halls exits. Rates are charged according to the distance travelled, and all vehicles are equipped with GPS for passenger security.
Public Van Service
Several public van routes operate from the airport’s Public Transport Center. Public vans are a shared ride service, charged by distance, with designated routes and destinations throughout Bangkok. Departures are frequent, and van stops are located on the 1st floor of the Arrivals terminal, at Gates 1 and 8. Fares range in price from THB 20 - 45 per passenger.
Taxis are readily available 24 hours a day at Gates 4 and 7 on the 1st floor of the passenger terminal.
Suvarnabhumi Airport is served by three train lines, which operate from Basement B:
SA City Line: Service between the airport and Phaya Thai Station, with six stops along the way. Total travel time from originating point to end of the line: 30 minutes. Tickets cost up to THB 45 (maximum fare).
Makkasan Express Line: Express service between the airport and Makkasan Station (total trip time 15 minutes). THB 90 for a single trip ticket and THB 150 for a round trip ticket.
Phaya Thai Express Line: Express service between the airport and Phaya Thai Station (total trip time 15 minutes). THB 90 for a single trip ticket and THB 150 for a round trip ticket.
Last Updated: 06 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.