Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bangkok Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had to spend a few nights at BKK recently after losing my passport and i have to say, next time, id CHOOSE to stay there. - gentmartin
Stayed for 6 hours outside immigration. I recommend going to the lower level where the trains are. Here you will find sufficient 4-wide coushined chair rows (without arms). Best of all this area is far quieter than the upper levels. There is a 7/11 for brews and a subway and other good things. Subway has wifi that they seemingly give you after a purchase (think a cookie). The airport had a wifi but it is paid after 15 minutes and confusing to set up, so best use the computers around the place (ask at information desks) if you have no devices. The main problem with the lower level is that there are no bathrooms, so if you're solo and camping some seats this might be a problem. Food is not amazing, I would recommend sticking to Thai cuisine. Foreign cuisine is more expensive.
Have you been to Bangkok Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bangkok airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse A, Airside, Block 2, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (from £29) • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse C, Airside, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (from £29.00) • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse F, Level 3 (West Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (from £29) • Priority Pass.
- Louis' Tavern CIP First Class - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (from £29) • Priority Pass.
- Qantas Club - Location: Airside, Departures Level 3, Concourse G, near Gates 1-5. Lounge Access: Priority Pass • Qantas Club Membership.
Transfer Lounges - Free lounges for the purpose of resting in between flights. Equipped with reclining leather chairs. Location: Airside, Concourse B and D (west side)
- Free WiFi is available at Bangkok airport for 2 hours. Beyond that time, you will have to pay. Connect to the "AOTFreeWiFibyTRUE" network and select "Get Free WiFi".
- There are 126 internet kiosks offering free internet. Users can only connect for 15 minutes at a time. Once your time expires you can login again.
If sleeping in the Bangkok Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport....
- Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms - Located inside the airport, Airside, 4th Floor, International Departures Hall, Concourse G.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel - 10-minute walk from the airport or free airport shuttle. They offer day rooms and 24-Hour Flexi -check in at any time and check out 24 hours later.
- YHA Bangkok Airport Hostel
- Best Western Premier - free airport shuttle
- Plai Garden Boutique Guesthouse - a budget hotel located 5 minutes from airport. 24-hour airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bangkok Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available in Terminals 2, 3 and 4.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: near the transfer lounges in Concourse B and D (west side)
- Currency Exchange - Location: Concourse D, B Floor.
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Left Luggage Baggage Service Center, 2nd Floor, Arrival Hall, Baggage Claim and 4th Floor, Departure Hall, behind check-in counter Q. Rate: THB 100 per bag per day.
- Prayer Rooms - Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Landside
- Rest Areas - the airport has a few rest lounge areas with comfortable reclining chairs on the third floor, Concourse B and D (on the west side).
- Showers - Information not available
- Sightseeing Tours - If you are in transit, you can take advantage of 4, 5 and 7 hour tours in Bangkok. The tour desks are located Airside.
- Smoking Room - Location: Concourse D, 2nd Floor, landside
- Spa - Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Landside
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Hertz • Thai Car Rental Association. Locations: near International Arrival Hall, between entrances 7 and 8. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Public Transportation
- for more information on your transportation options, you can visit the Public Transportation Center building, accessible by shuttle bus.
- Bor Khor Sor Bus
- BMTA Bus
- Shared Vans
- Taxis - Taxis are available 24 hours per day. You can find them on the 1st Floor near gates 4 and 7. According to the airport's web site the fares are charged according to "the distance traveled plus a fee of THB 50 for the driver". I am not sure if that means the rates are set or the cars are metered.
- Trains - There are 3 train lines that serve Suvarnabhumi Airport. Hours: 6am - 12am. Location: Basement B.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport City Line (SA City Line) serves Suvarnabhumi Station, Rajaprarop Station, Makkasan Station, Ramkhanhaeng Station, Hua Maak Station, Baan Tubchang Station and Lardkrabang Station, Phaya Thai Station. Fare: THB 15-45 depending on final destination. Duration: 30 minutes.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Express-Makkasan (Makkasan Express Line) transports passengers from Suvarnabhumi Airport Station to Makkasan Station. Fare: THB 90 one-way/150 roundtrip. Duration: 15 minutes.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Express – Phaya Thai (Phaya Thai Express Line) transports passengers from Suvarnabhumi Airport Station to Phaya Thai Station. Fare: THB 90 one-way/150 roundtrip. Duration: 17 minutes.
- Inter-Terminal Shuttle - If you need to transfer to the Don Muaeng Airport, a free shuttle bus operates between 5am - 12am. Location: 2nd Floor, Gate 3.
Airport Transportation: Getting Around
For travel within the Suvarnabhumi Airport complex, shuttle buses operate 24 hours. There are 4 lines each with different stops. For routes and schedules, visit the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi web site.
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Bangkok Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Bangkok Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Bangkok hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 02 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.