Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bangkok Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I had to spend a few nights at BKK Airport recently after losing my passport and i have to say, next time, id CHOOSE to stay there. – gentmartin
BKK Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport.
What to Expect
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (code: BKK) is the larger of the two airports located in Bangkok, and serves as the primary international airport. It is a relatively modern and new building, with architecture that reminds visitors of a giant space station. The airport has only one terminal – one of the biggest terminals in the world – making navigation a bit confusing (particularly when it comes to finding bathrooms!).
Amenities-wise, the airport doesn’t have as much going on as some of its airport neighbours in the region, but you will find free WiFi, internet kiosks and a number of first class lounges – some of which also have showers – that economy class passengers can pay to access. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is a sleep-friendly airport that attracts plenty of overnighters. It has a decent amount of armrest-free seating, some of which is located in private, quieter spots. There are also apparently some comfortable couches and sleep-friendly seats near the B Floor’s Subway, 7-Eleven, under the stairways and near the International Zone’s prayer room. The airport basement, between Doors 7 to 10 is reputed to be pretty quiet, if you’re okay with a floor-sleeping. Explore our guide to sleeping in Suvarnabhumi Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep boxes and a transit hotel inside the airport, and others nearby hotels connected by shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the guide below.
Good to Know
- There’s free drinking water near most bathrooms.
- Travellers should exercise caution in the arrivals hall as there have been reports of scams and petty theft in that area.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Lounge – Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, Concourse A, Level 2, opposite Gate A3. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Departures, Airside, Concourse A, Level 3, Block 2, East side. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Departures, Airside, Concourse C, Level 3, East Side. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- Miracle Lounge – Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, Concourse D, Level 2. Hours: 5:30AM – 10:00PM.
- Miracle Business Class Lounge – Location: International Departures, Airside, Concourse D, 3rd Floor, opposite Gate D5. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Departures, Airside, Concourse D, Level 3, opposite Gate D6. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- Turkish Airlines Lounge – Location: International Departures, Concourse D, Airside, Level 3, near Gate D8. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Lounge – Location: International Departures, Concourse D, Airside, opposite Gate D7. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Oman Air First & Business Class Lounge – Location: International Departures, Airside, Concourse E, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: vary. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Air France – KLM SkyLounge – Location: International Departures, Airside, Concourse F, 3rd Floor, near Gate F2. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Miracle First Class Lounge – International Departures, Airside, Concourse F, Level 3, West Side. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- Miracle Business Class Lounge – International Departures, Airside, Concourse G, Level 3, West Side. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Miracle First Class Lounge – International Departures, Airside, Concourse G, Level 4, opposite Gate 2, West Side. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
Related Pages: Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Lounges
Bangkok Airport Hotels, Sleep Pods & Day Rooms
- Nearest Hotel: Inside the Airport
- Sleep Cabins & Pods: Yes
- Day Rooms: Yes
- Nearby Hotels with Free Shuttles: Yes
When the prospect of sleeping on the floor or in a chair is giving you nightmares, there is good news for those of you who are looking to sleep at Suvarnabhumi Airport in comfort. If you are on a layover, you don’t have to go through security as there is a transit hotel that offers both short-term and overnight rates. Sleep pods, perfect for single travellers seeking some privacy, are also available on the landside section of the airport. A number of nearby hotels, located within 10 minutes of the airport, provide free shuttles.
Sleep Pods & Transit Hotel inside Suvarnabhumi AirportIn Transit Miracle Transit Hotel – Located inside the airport, Airside, 4th Floor, International Departures Hall, Concourse G. Day use rooms for 6 – 12 hours are available. The hotel features a beauty salon, sauna, spa, free WiFi and duty free shops. Due to its location inside Suvarnabhumi’s transit area, the hotel is accessible only to passengers in the secure zone. » Check Rates Inside Airport Boxtel – Location: Airport Link “Suvarnabhumi Station”, Basement (B) Floor Walk through the Airport Link ticket center and the shop for about 30m. You will then see Boxtel on the left. Each soundproofed room offers A/C, full bed with microgel blanket and pillow, free WiFi, work desk, alarm clock and key card access. Restrooms are shared. Rates are 1,250 Baht per 4 hour blocks of rental time. » Check Rates Inside Airport Avagard Capsule Hotel – Location: Landside, B Floor, Airport Rail Link. Five sound-proof sleep capsules feature a queen-size bed, WiFi, temperature control, USB charging sockets, reading lights and a locker that can store up to 32″ luggage + carry on. Rates are 900 THB (7 hour block) • 2200 THB (15 hour block). » Check Rates
Hotels near Suvarnabhumi airportNear Airport Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel – (5 minute walk from the airport via underground walkway) A free 24-hour airport shuttle is available. The hotel offers day rooms (6:00AM – 6:00PM for 4 -10 hours), freshen up rates (4 hour rental maximum) and 24-Hour Flexi check-in at any time and check out 24 hours later. The shuttle departs from Gate 4, Arrival Level, Level 2. » Check Rates Near Airport Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort – (5-20 minute drive depending on traffic) An airport shuttle leaves approximately every hour. Contact the hotel for arrangements. » Check Rates Near Airport Mariya Boutique Hotel – (10-15 minute drive depending on traffic) A 24-hour airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet and Mobile Charging
Free WiFi is available at Suvarnabhumi Airport for up to 2 hours per day. Connect to one of the following networks: .@ AirportTrueFreeWiFi • .@ AirportAISFreeWiFi • .@ AirportDTACFreeWiFi.
If you do not have a mobile device, there are 126 internet kiosks offering free internet. Users can only connect for 15 minutes at a time. Once your time expires you can login again. Internet access is also available 24 hours a day at the CAT Telecom Internet Cafes. Locations: Passenger Terminal, landside, behind the Check-In Counters (Row W) • Aerobridge G on the 2nd Floor.
Charge your electronics for free at mobile charging stations conveniently located throughout the airport.
Airport Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available on the 4th floor of the concourse building. A variety of retail shops, mini markets and convenience stores are available throughout the passenger terminal and concourse building.
- Children’s Play Areas – Location: near the transfer lounges in Concourse B and D (west side) and on the 4th floor of the Concourses C and D (East and West wings).
Food & Drinks – There is no shortage of food options available as well as convenience stores located both Airside and Landside, including many 24 hour restaurants. In September 2016, a reader let us know that there is a 24-hour food court (Landside, Ground Floor, inside the ground transportation waiting area). The reader continues to say “It is a cash only, coupon food court (where you exchange your cash for paper coupons to buy food and drinks with, and exchange back any unused ones when you leave). There are maybe 15 food stalls with every major category of Thai food. Prices mostly range 40-100 baht, with drinks starting at 10 baht for bottled water. It’s not the most sanitary place in the world, about typical for Thai food courts, though. It’s mostly frequented by staff, I’ve noticed, and there is a staff-only escalator right in front of it. It’s possible to go back up to both departures or arrivals from there, but you’ll have to walk about 300 meters to a public access escalator. I think it’s sort of an open secret of sorts.”
Information Desk – Have any questions? Fortunately there is a total of 15 information desks which will be able to provide passengers with assistance. Locations: Arrivals and Departures Areas of airport. If you can’t find one of the information desks, don’t worry! Either use one of the airport help phones, which are located throughout the airport, to contact the information center or look out for the numerous Airport Ambassadors.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Left Luggage Baggage Service Center, 2nd Floor, Arrival Hall, Baggage Claim • 4th Floor, Departure Hall, behind check-in counter (Row P). Rates: vary according to the size of the luggage, but rates start at THB 150 / bag per day.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Locations: There is a total of 8 locations located landside, in the Check-in hall near the airport entrances. Rates: starting at THB 150 / piece of luggage.
- Medical Facilities – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, 5 clinics can be found throughout the airport on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floors. Hours: vary depending on the location, but the Medical Center located in on the 2nd Floor in Concourse D is open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – There are several Boots pharmacies for any last minute pharmaceutical needs. Locations: Landside – 2nd Floor, Arrivals • 4th Floor, Check-In Hall, Row R; Airside – 2nd Floor, Concourse A • 3rd Floor • 4th Floor, Concourse A • 4th Floor, Concourse G.
Mobile Charging – see “Airport WiFi / Internet and Mobile Charging” above.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: available on every floor, both landside and airside.
- Currency Exchange – Kasikornbank, Siam Commercial Bank and TMB Bank offer full-service banking, foreign currency exchange, and international money transfers at several convenient locations throughout the airport.
Post Office – Send your last minute postcards to friends and family from the airport’s post offices. Location: Passenger Terminal, landside (Hours: 8:30AM – 6:00PM) • Terminal 1, 4th Floor, Ticketing Area, Row W (Hours: Open 24 hours).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Prayer Rooms – Muslim prayer rooms are available. Locations: Terminal 1, 2nd Floor, Concourse B • Passenger Terminal, landside, 3rd Floor • Terminal 1, airside, 3rd Floor, Concourse E.
- Rest Zones – Free lounges for the purpose of resting in between flights. Equipped with reclining leather chairs. Location: Airside, Concourse B and D (west side).
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
Showers – Showers are available in the Miracle Transit Hotel and Miracle CIP First Class Lounges in the International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side) and Level 3 (West Side). [ see Airport Lounges and Airport Hotels above ]
SIM Cards – A reader tells us that SIM cards can be purchased in the International Terminal baggage claim area. (December 2022)
Smoking Room – Smoking is no longer permitted inside the terminal. A reader tells us there are designated smoking areas outside the terminal (Landside) which are far from entrances/exits from the terminal.
Spa – Treat yourself to a massage, or several other spa services while at the airport. Spa services are offered by Express Spa Body & Foot Massage (International Departures, 4th Floor in Concourses A and G) and Ruean Rak Spa & Massage (Main Terminal, Landside and Airside 3rd Floor. Hours: unknown.
Transit Tours – If you are in transit, you can take advantage of 4, 5 and 7 hour sightseeing tours in Bangkok. The tour desks are located on the Arrivals Level, Concourse C/D and D/E intersections.
WiFi – see “Airport WiFi / Internet and Mobile Charging” above.
Related Pages: Things to do on a layover at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and Bangkok Airport Layover Sightseeing
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport is served by the following airlines: ACT Airlines • Aeroflot • LAN • Aerologic • Air Afrique • Air Algérie • Air Astana • Air Berlin • Air Bosna • Air Botswana • Air Burundi • Air Caraibes • Air China • Air Djibouti • Air Dolomiti • Air Europa • Air France • Air Italy • All Nippon Airways • American Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Bangkok Airways • Hainan Airlines • Hello Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • IFly Airlines • Icelandair • Luxair • Malaysia Airlines • Meridiana • Mongolian Airlines • Neptune Air • Norwegian • Nova • Nouvelair • Oman Air • PIA • Qantas • Rossiya • Royal Air Maroc • Royal Brunei Airlines • Ryanair • S7 Airlines • SAS • Shanghai Airlines • Scoot Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Silk Air • Silk Way • Somon Air • Sun Country Airlines • Swiss • TUIFly • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Ural Airlines • VietJet • Vietnam Airlines • Virgin Australia Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
BKK airport is served by city buses as well as regional bus routes. The fare for the local bus starts at THB 38, and for regional buses THB 110. The operational hours of each bus route varies, so it is best to plan ahead.
Car rental service is available 24 hours on the 2nd floor of the passenger terminal, Gate 8. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Asap • Avis • Bizcar • Budget • Chic Car Rental • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt • Thai Car Rental.
Several area hotels provide airport shuttle service: Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport • BS Premier Airport Hotel • Floral Shire Resort • Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi • Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport • Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel • Nest Boutique Resort • Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport • Phoenix Hotel Bangkok • Suvarnabhumi Suite Airport Hotel • Suvarnabhumi Ville Airport Hotel • Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort.
See also Airport Hotels above.
The airport operates a free shuttle bus service on airport grounds. Passengers can use one of five different shuttle lines to reach the Public Transport Center, Rachathewa Police Station, Novotel Airport Hotel, the airport’s other terminals, parking lots and more.
Limousine service is available 24 hours a day at the airport. A range of chauffeur-driven luxury class sedans and SUV’s are available for hire.
Public Van Service
Several public van routes operate from the airport’s Public Transport Center. Public vans are a shared ride service, charged by distance, with designated routes and destinations throughout Bangkok. Departures are frequent, and van stops are located on the 1st floor of the Arrivals terminal, at Gates 1 and 8.
Taxis are readily available 24 hours a day at Gates 4 and 7 on the 1st floor of the passenger terminal.
Suvarnabhumi Airport is served by a train that operates from Basement B during the hours of 6:00AM – 12:00AM. The SA City Line offers service between the airport and Phaya Thai Station, with six stops along the way. Total travel time from the originating point to the end of the line: 30 minutes. At the time of this update, tickets cost THB 45 (maximum fare).
To share your photos of Bangkok Airport, write a review or click here to send us a update:
Last updated: 2023-03-21
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.