Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bangkok Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I had to spend a few nights at BKK recently after losing my passport and i have to say, next time, id CHOOSE to stay there. – gentmartin
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport.
What to Expect
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi is the larger of the two airports located in Bangkok, and serves as the primary international airport. It is a relatively modern and new building, with architecture that reminds visitors of a giant space station. The airport has only one terminal – one of the biggest terminals in the world – making navigation a bit confusing (particularly when it comes to finding bathrooms!).
Amenities-wise, the airport doesn’t have as much going on as some of its airport neighbours in the region, but you will find free WiFi, internet kiosks and a number of first class lounges – some of which also have showers – that economy class passengers can pay to access. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi is a sleep-friendly airport that attracts plenty of overnighters. It has a decent amount of armrest-free seating, some of which is located in private, quieter spots. There are also apparently some comfortable couches and sleep-friendly seats near the B Floor’s Subway, 7-Eleven, under the stairways and near the International Zone’s prayer room. The airport basement, between Doors 7 to 10 is reputed to be pretty quiet, if you’re okay with a floor-sleeping. Explore our guide to sleeping in Suvarnabhumi Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep boxes and a transit hotel inside the airport, and others nearby hotels connected by shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- There’s free drinking water near most bathrooms.
- Travellers should exercise caution in the arrivals hall of Bangkok Suvarnabhumi as there have been reports of scams and petty theft in that area.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse A, Block 2, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse C, Airside, Level 3 (East Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Miracle Business Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse D, Airside, Level 3, opposite Gate D5. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse D, Airside, Level 3, opposite Gate D6. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Turkish Airlines Lounge – Location: International Concourse D, Airside, Level 3, near Gate D8. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Oman Air First & Business Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse E, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Hours: vary. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Air France – KLM SkyLounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse F, 3rd Floor, near Gate F2. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Miracle Business Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse F, Level 3 (West Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side), opposite Gate 2. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Miracle First Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side), opposite Gate 2. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Miracle Business Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Lounge – Location: Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Concourse A, Level 2, opposite Gate A3. Hours: 4:30AM – 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Bangkok Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
In Transit Miracle Transit Hotel – Located inside the airport, Airside, 4th Floor, International Departures Hall, Concourse G. Day use rooms for 6 – 12 hours are available. The hotel features a beauty salon, sauna, spa, free WiFi and duty free shops. » Check Rates
Inside Airport Boxtel – Location: Airport Link “Suvarnabhumi Station”, Basement (B) Floor Walk through the Airport Link ticket center and the shop for about 30m. You will then see Boxtel on the left. Each soundproofed room offers A/C, full bed with microgel blanket and pillow, free WiFi, work desk, alarm clock and key card access. Restrooms are shared. Rates are 1,250 Baht per 4 hour blocks of rental time. » Check Rates
Inside Airport Avagard Capsule Hotel – Location: Landside, B Floor, Airport Rail Link. Five sound-proof sleep capsules feature a queen-size bed, WiFi, temperature control, USB charging sockets, reading lights and a locker that can store up to 32″ luggage + carry on. Rates are 800 THB (7 hour block) • 1900 THB (15 hour block). » Check Rates
Near Airport Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel – (5 minute walk from the airport via underground walkway) A free 24-hour airport shuttle is available. The hotel offers day rooms (6:00AM – 6:00PM for 4 -10 hours), freshen up rates (4 hour rental maximum) and 24-Hour Flexi check-in at any time and check out 24 hours later. The shuttle departs from Gate 4, Arrival Level, Level 2. » Check Rates
Near Airport YHA Bangkok Airport Hostel – (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
Near Airport Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort – (2 miles from the airport) An airport shuttle leaves approximately every hour. Contact the hotel for arrangements.» Check Rates
Near Airport Mariya Boutique Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) A free 24-hour airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
Near Airport Floral Shire Suvarnabhumi Airport – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Suvarnabhumi Airport for up to 2 hours per day. Connect to one of the following networks: [email protected] AirportTrueFreeWiFi • [email protected] AirportAISFreeWiFi • [email protected] AirportDTACFreeWiFi.
If you do not have a mobile device, there are 126 internet kiosks offering free internet. Users can only connect for 15 minutes at a time. Once your time expires you can login again. Internet access is also available 24 hours a day at the CAT Telecom Internet Cafes. Locations: Passenger Terminal, landside, behind the Check-In Counters (Row W) • Aerobridge G on the 2nd Floor.
- Post Office – Send your last minute postcards to friends and family from the airport’s post offices. Location: Passenger Terminal, landside (Hours: 8:30AM – 6:00PM) • Terminal 1, 4th Floor, Ticketing Area, Row W (Hours: Open 24 hours).
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Children’s Play Areas – Location: near the transfer lounges in Concourse B and D (west side) and on the 4th floor of the Concourses C and D (East and West wings).
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There is no shortage of food options available as well as convenience stores located both Airside and Landside, including many 24 hour restaurants. In September 2016, a reader let us know that there is a 24-hour food court (Landside, Ground Floor, inside the ground transportation waiting area). The reader continues to say “It is a cash only, coupon food court (where you exchange your cash for paper coupons to buy food and drinks with, and exchange back any unused ones when you leave). There are maybe 15 food stalls with every major category of Thai food. Prices mostly range 40-100 baht, with drinks starting at 10 baht for bottled water. It’s not the most sanitary place in the world, about typical for Thai food courts, though. It’s mostly frequented by staff, I’ve noticed, and there is a staff-only escalator right in front of it. It’s possible to go back up to both departures or arrivals from there, but you’ll have to walk about 300 meters to a public access escalator. I think it’s sort of an open secret of sorts.”
- Information Desk – Have any questions? Fortunately there is a total of 15 information desks which will be able to provide passengers with assistance. Locations: Arrivals and Departures Areas of airport. If you can’t find one of the information desks, don’t worry! Either use one of the airport help phones, which are located throughout the airport, to contact the information center or look out for the numerous Airport Ambassadors.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Left Luggage Baggage Service Center, 2nd Floor, Arrival Hall, Baggage Claim • 4th Floor, Departure Hall, behind check-in counter (Row P). Rates: vary according to the size of the luggage, but rates start at THB 150 / bag per day.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Locations: There is a total of 8 locations located landside, in the Check-in hall near the airport entrances. Rates: starting at THB 150 / piece of luggage.
- Medical Facilities – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, 5 clinics can be found throughout the airport on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floors. Hours: vary depending on the location, but the Medical Center located in on the 2nd Floor in Concourse D is open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – There are several Boots pharmacies for any last minute pharmaceutical needs. Locations: Landside – 2nd Floor, Arrivals • 4th Floor, Check-In Hall, Row R; Airside – 2nd Floor, Concourse A • 3rd Floor • 4th Floor, Concourse A • 4th Floor, Concourse G.
- Mobile Charging – Charge your electronics for free at mobile charging stations conveniently located throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: available on every floor, both landside and airside.
- Currency Exchange – Kasikornbank, Siam Commercial Bank and TMB Bank offer full-service banking, foreign currency exchange, and international money transfers at several convenient locations throughout the airport.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Prayer Rooms – Muslim prayer rooms are available. Locations: Terminal 1, 2nd Floor, Concourse B • Passenger Terminal, landside, 3rd Floor • Terminal 1, airside, 3rd Floor, Concourse E.
- Rest Zones – Free lounges for the purpose of resting in between flights. Equipped with reclining leather chairs. Location: Airside, Concourse B and D (west side)
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available on the 4th floor of the concourse building. A variety of retail shops, mini markets and convenience stores are available throughout the passenger terminal and concourse building.
Showers & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in the Miracle Transit Hotel and Miracle CIP First Class Lounges in the International Terminal, Airside, Concourse G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side) and Level 3 (West Side). [ see Airport Lounges and Airport Hotels above ]
- Spa – Treat yourself to a massage, or several other spa services while at the airport. Spa services are offered by Express Spa Body & Foot Massage (International Departures, 4th Floor in Concourses A and G) and Ruean Rak Spa & Massage (Main Terminal, Landside and Airside 3rd Floor. Hours: unknown.
- Smoking Room – Smoking in the airport is only permitted in designated smoking areas/rooms. Locations: International Departures, Concourses C, D, E, F and G, on the 2nd Floor.
Things to do
- Transit Tours – If you are in transit, you can take advantage of 4, 5 and 7 hour sightseeing tours in Bangkok. The tour desks are located on the Arrivals Level, Concourse C/D and D/E intersections.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2019, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport is served by the following airlines: ACT Airlines • Adria Airways • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • LAN • Aerolíneas Argentinas • Aerologic • Air Afrique • Air Algerie • Air Astana • Air Berlin • Air Bosna • Air Botswana • Air Burundi • Air Canada • Air Caraibes • Air Djibouti • Air Dolomiti • Air Europa • Air France • Air Italy • ANA • American Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Hainan Airlines • Hello Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • IFly Airlines • Icelandair • Luxair • Malaysia Airlines • Meridiana • Mongolian Airlines • Neptune Air • Norwegian • Nova • Nouvelair • Oman Air • PIA • Qantas • Rossiya • Royal Air Maroc • Royal Brunei Airlines • Ryanair • S7 Airlines • SAS • Shanghai Airlines • Scoot Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Silk Air • Silk Way • Somon Air • Sun Country Airlines • Swiss • Tigerair • TUIFly • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Ural Airlines • VietJet • Vietnam Airlines • Virgin Australia Airlines.
The airport is served by city buses as well as regional bus routes. The fare for the local bus starts at THB 38, and for regional buses THB 110. The operational hours of each bus route varies, so it is best to plan ahead.
Car rental service is available 24 hours on the 2nd floor of the passenger terminal, Gate 8. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Asap • Avis • Bizcar • Budget • Chic Car Rental • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt • Thai Car Rental.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details: Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport • BS Premier Airport Hotel • Convenient Resort • Floral Shire Resort • Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi • Grand Inn Come Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel • Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport • Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel • Nest Boutique Resort • Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport • Paragon Inn • Phoenix Hotel Bangkok • Plai Garden Guesthouse • Suvarnabhumi Suite Airport Hotel • Thong Ta Resort • Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort.
The airport operates a free shuttle bus service on airport grounds. Passengers can use one of five different shuttle lines to reach the Public Transport Center, Rachathewa Police Station, Novotel Airport Hotel, the airport’s other terminals, parking lots and more.
Limousine service is available 24 hours a day at the airport. A range of chauffeur-driven luxury class sedans and SUV’s are available for hire.
Public Van Service
Several public van routes operate from the airport’s Public Transport Center. Public vans are a shared ride service, charged by distance, with designated routes and destinations throughout Bangkok. Departures are frequent, and van stops are located on the 1st floor of the Arrivals terminal, at Gates 1 and 8.
Taxis are readily available 24 hours a day at Gates 4 and 7 on the 1st floor of the passenger terminal.
Suvarnabhumi Airport is served by a train that operates from Basement B during the hours of 6:00AM – 12:00AM. The SA City Line offers service between the airport and Phaya Thai Station, with six stops along the way. Total travel time from the originating point to the end of the line: 30 minutes. At the time of this November 2019 tickets cost up to THB 45 (maximum fare).
Last updated: 2019-11-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.