About This Airport:
New Delhi Indira Gandhi Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our New Delhi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The REAL surprise is T3 - the international terminal. It's incredible how they've taken EVERYTHING they did wrong and go about doing it absolutely right. - SixSigma1978
This is one review I'm glad I'm putting. Normally - I'm sceptical whenever a third world chest thumping mania happens on the announcement of a 'world class' airport!
I'm pleased to say New Delhi has indeed come out as trumps with this. The T1 terminal has undergone phenomenal changes. Its unbelievable this used to be the same grimy, stinking airport a few years ago. Everything has been upgraded - including the rude staff. Ergonomically - everything seems to be planned, albiet there are few oddities when it comes to checkins. Air conditioning could use tweaking but thats nitpicking.
The REAL surprise is T3 - the international terminal. It's incredible how they've taken EVERYTHING they did wrong and go about doing it absolutely right. Gone are the days of long bus rides to a sweltering tarmac. There are almost 80 new aerobridges now. Everything from housekeeping, duty free, facade, sitting, toilets and of course the approach has been overhauled.
Again, it feels like you've time travelled - if this is your second trip after past few years - you'll feel a surreal quality that mimics the best airports around the world.
I had the opportunity to go to three Indian Cities - Delhi, Bombay and Hyderabad. All seem to have come of age - and this is the India I'm beginning to really like!!!
The last review for this airport was in 2012. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Plaza Premium has six lounges at the New Delhi airport that are open 24 hours. Package rates are:
International Departures: INR 1500 (2 hrs) • INR 2500 (5 hrs) • INR 3500 (10 hrs)
Domestic Departures: INR 1000 (2 hrs) • INR 2000 (5 hrs) • INR 3000 (10 hrs)
Arrivals: INR 1000 (2 hrs) • INR 2000 single / INR 3000 double (3 hrs) • INR 3000 single / INR 4000 double (6 hrs). [ Book Lounge ] . Locations:
- Terminal 1 - Domestic Departures - Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level.
- Terminal 3 - International Arrivals - Location: Landside, opposite exit gate 6. Showers are available.
- Terminal 3 - Domestic Arrivals - Location: Landside. Showers are available.
- Terminal 3 - International Departures - Location: Airside. Showers are available
- Terminal 3 - Domestic Departures - Location: Airside
- Terminal 3 - International Departures - Location: Airside
- ITC Welcome Group Green Lounge - Location: International Terminal 3, airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- Sams Snooze at My Space - International Terminal 3, airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- Amex Platinum Lounge - Terminal 1D
Free WiFi is available at the New Delhi Airport for 20 minutes. Connect to the "Aircel Wi-Fi" network. You will need a mobile phone to receive a username and password.
If sleeping in the New Delhi Airport does not appeal to you, there is a transit hotel and sleeping pods at the airport as well as hotels within a 5-10 minute radius of the airport.
- Eaton Smart New Delhi Transit Hotel - The hotel is divided into two wings with rooms available in both the International and the Domestic wings of Terminal 3. Access from Level 5, Terminal 3. Hourly rates and day rooms are available.
- Sam's Snooze at My Space - in transit sleeping pods are available on a hourly basis. Location: Terminal 3, International Departures, Gate 17. Rates: US$ 10/hr (single) and US$ 14/hr (double)
- Hotel Delhi Aerocity - airport pick-up available
- Hotel Impress - airport pick-up available
- The Uppal Hotel - 10 minutes from the International Terminal.
- Ibis New Delhi Airport - opening in June 2013
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available 24 hours in these locations: T3 International (Arrivals and Departures) • T3 Domestic (Arrivals and Domestic) • T1A • T1D • T1C
- Car Rentals - Carzonrent India. Location: Terminal 3 International and Domestic Arrivals.
- Currency Exchange - Foreign exchange offices are located in these areas: T3 International (Arrivals and Departures) • T3 Domestic (Departures) • T1A • T1D • T1C
- Food / Dining -
There are 24 hour food and beverage concessions available at these locations:
>>>Landside: Foodies Bar (T3 Arrivals)
>>>Airside: Foodies Bar (T1C) • Foodies Bar (T1D)
- Gaming - Amoeba offers a gaming area that is fun for the family. Locations: Terminal 3 International Arrivals and Domestic Arrivals.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Kid's Zones - Children's play areas are available Airside.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: in the Airport Connect, Skywalk Level of Terminal 3.
- Prayer Room - Location: Airside
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - There are 12 showers available in the "Shower and Massage Lounge" mentioned above in the Airport Lounges section. Location: Hours: open 24 hours. If you are in transit, you can also use the Aqua Pods at the Eaton Smart Transit Hotel mentioned in the Airport Hotels section.
- Spa - There are four spas in the airport: Ishana (Terminal International Departures) • O2 Spa (Terminal 1D) • O2 Spa (Terminal 3 Domestic Departures) • Eaton Smart Transit Hotel (Terminal 3, Airside, Level 5)
Open 24 hours
New Delhi Travel Resources
- New Delhi Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 22 June 2012 | Sources: New Delhi Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.