Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our New Delhi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The REAL surprise is T3 – the international terminal. It’s incredible how they’ve taken EVERYTHING they did wrong and go about doing it absolutely right. – SixSigma1978
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at New Delhi Indira Ghandi Airport.
What to Expect
New Delhi Airport consists of three terminals (T1, T2 and T3). T1 houses domestic and low-cost airlines and T2 houses a handful of these airlines that have been relocated while T1 expansions are underway. T3 is the newest and most modern of the three, and houses mainly international flights. All terminals are directly connected to the Main Hall.
While free WiFi is available, access requires an Indian mobile number and is limited to 45 minutes. The airport has a number of power outlets and mobile charging machines scattered throughout. Be forewarned that some travellers have reported issues retrieving devices from these machines!
For those looking for a little added comfort, there are first class lounges, some of which have showers, that economy class passengers can pay to access. For locations and access information, see Airport Lounges in the guide below.
Where to Sleep
The main shopping area in T3 has couches that you can stretch out on and otherwise there are plenty of seats without armrests and carpeted areas. That said, the airport never totally quiets down so if you are going to overnight, come prepared with earplugs or noise cancelling headphones and a sleep mask. Explore our guide to sleeping in New Delhi Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. If you’re looking for uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep pods and a transit hotel inside the airport, and several hotels nearby connected by shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 1D, Domestic) – Location: Terminal 1D, Airside, Level 2/Mezzanine Level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: Terminal 1D, Landside. Hours: open 24 hours. Private resting area ($) and showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 2, Domestic) – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 25. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Plaza Premium Lounge (International and Domestic Arrivals) – Location: Terminal 3, Landside, near Meet and Greet Area. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, International Arrivals) – Location: Terminal 3, Landside, opposite exit gate 6. Private resting area ($) and showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door• Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, Domestic Arrivals) – Location: Terminal 3, Landside, near Gate 1. Private resting area ($) and showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, International) – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Level 3. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, International) – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
[ update ]
If sleeping in New Delhi Airport does not appeal to you, there is a transit hotel and sleeping pods inside the terminal in addition to nearby hotels within a 5-10 minute radius of the airport.
In Transit Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport – Located inside the transit area. The hotel is divided into two wings with rooms available in both the International and the Domestic wings of Terminal 3. Access from Level 5, Terminal 3. Hourly rates and day rooms are available. » Check Rates
In Transit Sam’s Snooze at My Space – In-transit sleeping pods are available and can be booked in a variety of options, ie. 3 hours, 4-5 hours, 6-8 hours, etc. Location: Terminal 3, International Departures, Gate 17. Starting rates: US$ 36/3 hours (single) and US$ 65/3 hours (double). » Check Rates
In Transit Plaza Premium Lounge – Private day rooms with attached toilet and shower facilities. Rates start at 2650 INR for 3 hours minimum (single occupancy) and 3725 INR for 3 hours minimum (double occupancy). Three locations: Domestic Arrivals (T3), International Arrivals (T3), Domestic Arrivals Landside (T1).
Near Airport Pullman New Delhi Aerocity – Located near Terminal 1 and 3. Airport shuttle is not available; however, access to the Airport Express Line is a 5 minute walk. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hotel Delhi Aerocity – (5 minute drive from Terminal 3) This budget hotel provides airport transfers (24 hours a day) are available upon request for Rs.480/- (1 Car/ 3 persons) for the pick-up and Rs.300/- for drop-off. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Indira Gandhi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
[ update ]
Free WiFi is available at New Delhi Airport. Connect to the “GMR Free Wi-Fi” network and enter your information into the login page to receive your serial number and PIN via SMS text message. Note: an Indian mobile number is required for access, however if you have an international phone number visit the WiFi assistance team at the Information Desk to connect.
[ update ]
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Diaper-changing facilities, baby cot, toys and more are available in the Child Care Lounges, located in every terminal.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: Terminal 3, International Departures, Food Court.
- Gaming – Amoeba offers a gaming area that is fun for the family. Locations: Terminal 3 International Arrivals and Domestic Arrivals.
- Strollers – If you are travelling with young children, get them around the airport faster in a free stroller. Locations: T1D, T2 and T3, visit the information desk for assistance.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water fountains that provide reverse osmosis treated water are available free of charge. Locations: throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions are available in all terminals and operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk – If you have any questions, visit one of the Information Kiosks for assistance. Locations: can be found in all terminals.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in New Delhi and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Akbar Travels (T3, International and Domestic Departures Halls) • Make My Trip (T1, Arrivals and Departures • T3 International and Domestic Departures Halls) • Taj India Tours (T3, International Departures Hall).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Domestic and International passengers can store luggage for up to 30 days in the Left Luggage Room. Rates, depending on the size of the bag, are as follows: Rs. 80/- to Rs. 160/- per bag for up to 2 hours • Rs. 20/- to Rs. 40/- per bag every hour after up to 8 hours • or a flat daily rate of Rs. 200/- to Rs. 600/- per bag, per day. A valid passport or photo ID is required. Location: T3, airport connect building (Metro station) Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your bags? Luggage carts are available, however, at the time of this update we do not know if the trolleys are provided free of charge.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic by Secure Wrap. Location: andside in the T3 Check-In Hall.
- Medical Services – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, a medical center can be found: Terminal 1, Lanside, Arrivals Hall • Terminal 2, Landside, Check-in Hall • Terminal 3 – Domestic/International Pier • Transfer Area • Food Court.
- Pharmacy – Guardian Pharmacies are located throughout the terminals and all are open 24 hours. Additionally, for any last minute medications, passengers can visit Apollo Pharmacy. Location: Terminal 3, International Departures.
- Mobile Charging – Free charging stations are available throughout the airport. A reader tells us “Some of them, in the food court in terminal 3, have a safe feature too. You can set a code for the phone compartment and come back later to pick up by typing in the code.” (August 2019)
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: T1 Arrivals • T1D • T2 Departures • T3 International Departures and Arrivals areas • T3 Domestic Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Currency Exchange – Central Bank of India, Centrum and Thomas Cook offer foreign currency exchange services in the following locations: T1 Departures • T3 International Departures • T3 International Arrivals • T3 Domestic Departures • T3 Domestic Arrivals.
- Prayer Room – Location: International Terminal, Airside
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Comfortable lounge style seating is available in the International Terminal, Airside.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in T3 International Arrivals and Departures areas. You can pay with US$, Euros, INR and Sterling Pound at the Duty Free shops. A variety of retail shops are available throughout the airport including at least seven convenience shops throughout the terminals for any last minute items. The airport’s website indicates that all shops are open 24 hours.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – There are showers available in the Terminal 3, Arrivals Area, beside WH Smith. Rates: unknown. Additionally, there are showers available in the Premium Lounges (pay at door) in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3, see Airport Lounges section. Location: Hours: open 24 hours. If you are in transit, you can also use the Aqua Pods at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel mentioned in the Airport Hotels section.
- Spa – Express spa treatments are available at Heaven on Earth Spa Express in Terminal 1D. O2 Spa offers spa treatments with a Thai-Indian element over in T3 Domestic and International Departures.
- Smoking Rooms – Locations: T1D, 1st floor • T2, Airside, near retail area • T3 Domestic, pier junction near the retail area • T3 International, pier junction near Gate 15.
Things to do & see
- Flight Simulator – Live your dream of being a pilot or amp up those pre-flight jitters at The Cockpit flight simulator. Experience piloting a Boeing 737 in varying visibility and weather patterns, with over 24,000 airfields to choose from! Location: T3 International Departures Hours: unknown.
[ update ]
Unfortunately, we do not have a terminal map of New Delhi Airport yet. If you are at the airport right now and find a map, take a photo and click here to upload it. Thank you!
As of November 2019, New Delhi airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Air Arabia • Air Astana • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air India • Air Italy • Air Mauritius • AirAsia • Alitalia • All Nippon Airways • Ariana Afghan Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Avia Traffic Company • Azerbaijan Airlines • Bhutan Airlines • Biman Bangladesh Airlines • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern • China Southern • Druk Air • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Finnair • Flydubai • Flynas • GoAir • Gulf Air • IndiGo • Iraqi Airways • Japan Airlines • Jazeera Airways • Kam Air • KLM • Korean Air • Kuwait Airways • Lufthansa • Mahan Air • Malaysia Airlines • Malindo Air • Nepal Airlines • NokScoot • Oman Air • Pakistan International Airlines • Qatar Airways • Saudia • Singapore Airlines • Shandong Airlines • SpiceJet • SriLankan Airlines • Swiss • Tajik Air • Thai Airways • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ukraine Airlines • United Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways • Virgin Atlantic • Vistara.
[ update ]
Buses in Delhi are cheap, and one of the most common ways to travel around the city. The airport is served by both state-owned DTC buses and buses run by private contractors. For schedules and fare, go to the IGI Airport Bus Service page on the Government of Delhi website.
Note: All buses serving Terminal 3 arrive and depart from a staging area opposite Centaur Hotel. The airport’s DIAL shuttles provide 24-hour service between this staging area and the airport terminals.
Carzonrent is available onsite to offer self-drive car rental or chauffeur-driven cars and limousines for hire.
See Airport Hotels above.
The airport offers a free shuttle bus service between the Domestic and International terminals. Buses run in 20 minute intervals 24 hours a day.
Air-conditioned taxis are readily available around the clock at taxi ranks outside of the terminals. These airport-approved taxis are equipped with GPS-integrated meters to track location and ensure meter accuracy. Terminal 3 International Arrivals is served by Meru Cabs and Mega Cabs, while Terminal 1C Domestic Arrivals is served by Easy Cabs. Outside of the airport, passengers can hail a ride to the airport from any of the black and yellow taxis that serve the city of Delhi.
The Delhi Airport Metro Express is a fast and convenient way to travel between the airport and the city. Passengers traveling with select airlines can check in for their flights at the Check-In facilities in New Delhi Metro Station. For schedules and fare information, go to the DMRC website.
Connections to long-distance trains are available at Indian Railways New Delhi Station, just a short walk from the New Delhi Metro Station.
[ update ]
Last updated: 2020-01-22
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.