Ho Chi Minh City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ho Chi Minh City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had to bribe my way out of a few situations in the baggage screening room. They will discretely bribe you for money. Once, I gave this guy some cash, he opened his wallet to put it away and I saw his wallet full of different currencies (US $, Canadian $, Euros). I'm certain bribes happen often. - Nicole
International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor hallway. Photo credit: Tan Son Nhat Airport
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Ho Chi Minh City Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals, an international and a domestic. T1 has been fairly recently renovated and is generally nicer than T2’s facilities.
- Recent improvements have made security lines better than the past, and the staff doesn’t take issue with overnight guests.
- Unfortunately Vietnam’s well-known corruption seems to extend to life at the airport, with many recent reports of bribery and theft, in addition to overall complaints of rude and unhelpful staff. One reviewer paid a bribe just to be allowed to board his flight on time!
- Flights depart around the clock, so travellers are around all night.
- Restaurants close by 11pm.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor hallway. Photo credit: Tan Son Nhat Airport
- Landside in the International Terminal has the most space for sleeping. The first floor doesn’t have much seating but it is quiet. The third floor’s Wellwishers Gallery has much more seating, and seems that many travellers overnight in this area - it is noisier though (Trvthseeker, March 2013).
- There is sleep zone in the International terminal with sleep chairs and paid sleep pods. See Rest Zones in the airport guide below.
- Once cafes and restaurants close, travellers had success moving chairs and benches around for more comfortable resting - some even saw airport staff doing this too.
- The airport is hot and the air conditioner seems weak.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport transportation. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to a couple airport lounges; one has showers available. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ho Chi Minh City Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Ho Chi Minh City airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- SASCO Business Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, in front of Gate 14. Hours: 4:30AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£25 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Orchid Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 9. Hours: 6:00AM - 2:00AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (USD 30 for 3 hours). Lounge Access: Book Online (£25 for 3 hours or £30 for up to 5 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Lotus Lounge 1 - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 4:30AM - last scheduled flight. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (VND 350,000 or US$ 15 for 3 hours).
- Lotus Lounge 2 - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, opposite Gate 14. Hours: 4:30AM - last scheduled flight. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (VND 350,000 or US$15 for 3 hours).
- Apricot Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 9. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 2:00AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (USD 30 for 3 hours).
- Lotus Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 2:00AM. Showers are available. Pay at the Door (USD 30 for 3 hours).
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Tan Son Nhat Airport in the Domestic and International terminals. Connect to the “TSN Free Wifi Express" network.
If sleeping in Ho Chi Minh City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Golden View Hotel - (4 minutes from the airport) Airport pick up service is available upon request, $35.00 USD each way.
- Iris Hotel - (3 minutes from the airport) No airport transfers available; however, they will arrange a taxi for your return. Approx cost is 50.000 VNĐ.
- Sunflowers Hotel - (4 minutes from the airport) Airport pick up service is available ($).
- Park Royal Saigon - (5 minutes from the airport). Airport transfer service is available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ho Chi Minh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Vietinbank, HSBC, Agribank, MB Bank, Shinhan Bank, ANZ, Eximbank, Vietcombank, Commonwealth Bank, Citibank, BIDV.
- Domestic terminal - There are 06 machines on the ground floor opposite the D2 entrance, Departure Hall and 07 machines on the ground floor opposite the D2 entrance.
- International terminal: There are 13 machines are located behind D1 and D2 entrance, Departure Hall.
- Baggage Wrapping - Various locations. Price: VND 80.000 – 100.000 (depend on the baggage size).
- Domestic Terminal - near D2 entrance, opposite the check-in area row A & B and escalator of departures area
- International Terminal - near D1 and D2 entrance.
- Banking - VietinBank at Domestic Terminal, opposite D2 entrance.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor hallway, near gate 21 - 22.
- Currency Exchange - Various locations in the International Terminal: Airside, near gates 17 and 18 • Landside, opposite check-in area row D, (Departure Hall) • On the left outside the immigration counters (Arrival Hall) • Lobby platform of Arrival Hall.
- Drinking Water - Free drinking water is available at various locations:
- Domestic Terminal - Airside, opposite gates 5, 10 and 16.
- International Terminal - Airside, opposite gates 15, 16 and 18 • baggage carousel no.1 and 6 (Arrival Hall), transit/transfer area.
- Duty Free & Shopping -There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known. There is also a small variety of other shops available.
- Food & Drinks - While there are restaurants available at the airport, there are no 24 hour food concessions. Opening times are 60 minutes before the first flight, closing time 30 minutes after the last flight. Fresh 2 Go convenience stores will be located in the International Terminal starting in September. Locations: Ground Floor, Landside • 2nd Floor, Landside.
- Foot Spa - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Departure Hall, 3rd floor.
- Information Counters - Various locations. Vietnamese and English are spoken.
- Domestic Terminal - Departure Hall D2 entrance. (Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM) • Arrival Hall (Hours: 7:30AM - 11:30PM).
- International Terminal - Arrivals area. (Hours: 7:00PM - 12:00AM) • Check-in area opposite row C, D. (Hours: 7:30AM - 12:00AM) • Lounge area Gate 10-14. (Hours: 7:00AM - 12:00AM).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: International Arrivals Terminal, ground floor, near by column 13 & 14. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: under 10 hours (VND 25,300 /piece per hour) • over 10 hours (VND 253,000 /piece per day).
- Domestic Terminal - Massages are offered at Sen Viet Spa - Location: Airside, opposite gate 10.
- International Terminal - A foot spa is located airside on the 3rd Floor and Relaxing lounge is located airside on 2nd Floor near gate 6-9.
- Medical Services - In case of emergency, contact the hotline (08) 38 485 383 – 3408.
- Domestic Terminal
- Between Domestic Terminal’s Arrivals and Departures Terminal, near D2 entrance. Phone number: (08) 38 485 383 - 3307
- International Terminal
- Boarding gate 18 – Departure Hall – International Terminal. Phone number: (08) 38 485 383 – 5422
- Boarding gate 17 - Departure Hall – International Terminal. Phone number: (08) 38 485 383 – 3408
- A2 Entrance, next to Mai Linh Taxi service counters – Arrival Hall – International Terminal. Phone number: 38 485 383 - 4066
- Domestic Terminal
- Mobile Charging - Free charging stations can be found in in the Domestic Terminal at the following locations: D1 entrance, opposite Vietnam Airlines self check-in kiosk • Vietjet Air waiting area, opposite Gate 16-17 • 1st floor, opposite security screening check area • 1st floor waiting area, opposite Gate 10-11 and 11-12.
- Post Office - Location: located beside D2 entrance Domestic terminal or via the TIA Information Counters at International terminal and Domestic terminal. If you want to send letters and postcards to friends and family you can send postcards from the airport via the information desks.
- Rest Zone - There are two relaxation areas available for passengers to rest while waiting for boarding time.
- Relaxing Zone - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor hallway, near gate 6-9. 12 chairs. Price: USD 5/ hour (one free soft drink).
- Sleeping Zone - Location: International, Airside, 2nd floor hallway, near 21 - 22. There will be 24 free sleep chairs and 10 paid sleep boxes. The sleep boxes are 4 square meters/ room and come equipped with beds, pillows, drinks, towels, lamps, power outlets, etc. Price: USD 7/ hour. Extra cost: USD 4 for up to 30 mins, USD 7 for 30-60 mins.
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - The Apricot Lounge and Lotus Lounge in the International Terminal have showers. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Room -
- Domestic Terminal - Airside, Departure Hall, opposite Gate 14
- International Terminal - Airside, Departure Hall, opposite Gates 15 and 18.
- VAT Refund - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor, near gate 6-9. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM .
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses from the airport to Ho Chi Minh City center and vice versa pick up and drop off at:
- Domestic Terminal: Column 18 of the taxi stand.
- International Terminal: Column 15 of the taxi stand.
- Bus 152 (International Terminal – Domestic Terminal – Hoang Van Thu – Nguyen Van Troi – Nam Ky Khoi Nghia – Cach Mang Thang Tam– Ben Thanh Market – Tran Hung Dao - Trung Son Residential Area), operating from 5:45 am to 18:15 pm. Waiting time is 12-21 mins. Rate: 6,000 VND.
- Bus 109 (International Terminal – Domestic Terminal – Hoang Van Thu – Nguyen Van Troi – Nam Ky Khoi Nghia – Ham Nghi– Ben Thanh Market –Pham Ngu Lao - 23/9 Park), operating from 5:45 am to 1:30 am (next day). Waiting time is 30 mins. Rate: 12,000 VND (for routes less then 5 kms) and 20,000 VND (for routes more than 5kms).
- Shuttle Bus 49 (International Terminal – Domestic Terminal – Hoang Van Thu – Nguyen Van Troi – Nam Ky Khoi Nghia – Le Duan – Dong Khoi – Hai Ba Trung – Ham Nghi – Ben Thanh Market), operating from 5:15 am to 2:00 am (next day). Waiting time is 30 mins. Rate: 40,000 VND. Pick up and drop off passengers at hotels in District 1, 3.
There are four companies operating at Tan Son Nhat airport: Sastco • Song Viet • Acvuni • Phu Nhuan transportation company. Their counters are located on the right outside exit doors, arrival hall of International Terminal.
08 taxi companies:Vinasun Taxi , Mai Linh Taxi , Saigon Air Taxi ,Vina Taxi , Happy Taxi , Comfort Savico Taxi , SaigonTourist Taxi, Hoang Long Taxi
Leaving the Domestic Terminal:
- After exiting A2 entrance, cross the road to the Taxi and Bus Waiting Hall (opposite domestic terminal) and board taxis at column 3 to 13.
- Passengers with disabilities, pregnancy, elderly and children can take a priority taxi at column 1 and 2.
- Passengers with membership card, taxi coupons should contact taxi company staff at column 14 to 17.
- Passengers can also go to the Taxi ticket counter to get coupon at A2 entrance and column 7 at Domestic Arrivals Hall.
Leaving the International Terminal
- After exiting A1 and A2 entrance, passenger may take a taxi at column 1 to 3 at Taxi stands area (On the left of international terminal).
- Passengers with disabilities, pregnancy, elderly and children can take a priority taxi at column 6.
- Passengers with membership card, taxi coupons should contact taxi company staff at column 1 to 4.
- Passengers can also go to the Taxi ticket counter to get coupon at the A1 and A2 entrance.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.