Hyderabad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hyderabad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This is 100 times better than the old [terminal] which was something like a bus station
photo credit: SridharSaraf / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Hyderabad Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a small modern airport that opened in 2008. Facilities are environmentally-friendly and very clean, illuminated with natural light. The single terminal houses international and domestic flights.
- Recent travellers report clean facilities with some eateries, but not a lot of other amenities.
- Some travellers reported poor customer service from airport staff and some locals offering “services” for a cost, though both may have improved recently.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We don’t have many reviews from travellers who have spent the night, but a few travellers commented on plenty of seating options throughout the airport.
- If you plan on spending the night, please have a backup option.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are day rooms inside the airport and a few hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in a few airport lounges; some have showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hyderabad Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Hyderabad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Plaza Premium (Domestic) - Location: Domestic Departures, airside, Level E, near Gate 28. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (INR 1200 - 3600) • Book Online (£20 - up to 3 hours or £25 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Plaza Premium (International) - Location: International Departures, airside, Level E, near Gate 32A. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (INR 1800 - 4200) • Book Online (£25 - up to 3 hours or £35 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Landside, Level C, Commercial Plaza, Passenger Terminal Building near the car park (inside the Airport Hotel). Showers and nap rooms are available. Hours: 24 hours (Daily).
- Airline Lounges: Air India, Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines
Free WiFi is available at Hyderabad Airport for 45 minutes. Connect to “Free Airport Wi-Fi l Tata DOCOMO” or Tata DOCOMO” or “Tata DOCOMO Wi-Fi” networks. Enter your information on the login page to receive a serial number and PIN via mobile phone. Use that serial number and PIN to access the internet.
If sleeping in Hyderabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
- Plaza Premium Airport Transit Hotel - Located opposite the car park and below the airport village area. Here you will find 28 rooms with shower and a TV, a lounge with seating capacity for 44, two meeting rooms, a business centre, four shower rooms, a massage room with four seated massage chairs, TV viewing area and a 24-hour bar.
- Airport Lodge - Located at the Public Transportation Centre area of the airport, the Airport Lodge offers dormitory-style lodging and private rooms (all available with a/c or non-a/c), exclusive rooms for ladies (on request), shower facilities, luggage storage, cafeteria, and 24-hr security. Dorms have lockers. Private rooms have attached bathroom and LCD tvs. The hotel offers 6, 12 and 24 hour room rates. A free shuttle bus runs between the airport and the Airport Lodge every 10 minutes. Rates: r.150 (6 hours) - r.550 (24 hours) for a Dormitory • r.920 (12 hours) - r.1550 (24 hours) for a standard rooms • r.1200 (12 hours) - r.1850 (24 hours) for a deluxe rooms.
- Novotel Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Shuttle bus is available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hyderabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Village - An area of the airport where you will find food and beverage concessions. Locals can use the area to wait for their family members and guests. Rate: a fee is required to enter - rs.100 is payable at the Departures Area and rs.20 to enter at the Arrivals Level. Tickets are valid for 1 hour.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available Airside and Landside
- Buggy Service - The airport offers free golf cart service when needed. Locations: International Departure area after Security check • Domestic Departure area after Security check • Near International Aero Bridge Arrival area, • Near Domestic Aero Bridge Arrival Area • Domestic Baggage Reclaim area.
- Business Center - Computers with internet access, along with printing, photocopies, faxing and other limited services are available. Location: unknown Hours: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Weizmann Forex is available in each terminal of the airport. Hours: are not known.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. There are vending machines available throughout the airport.
- Information Desk - There are two Information Desks available: Domestic Departures, "B" Row, Level F and in the Airport Village. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There are Left Luggage/ Baggage Storage/Clock Room Facility Counters available at airport village. Baggage is also accepted for safe keeping up to 90 days. Rates: Each bag regardless of size and weight is Rs.138/- for every first 2 hours and Rs.28/- every additional hour to Rs.497/- for 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Secure Wrap service is available for Rs. 300/- per bag. Location: On the ramp before Gate 1 and Gate 3, beside Visitor's Entry Ticket Counter and prior to check-in counters, between Row C-D and Row E-F. Hours: unknown.
- Medical Services - Round-the-clock urgent care, 17 beds and a pharmacy are available at the fully-staffed The Medical Centre at Airport. Location: unknown. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Yes
- Pharmacy - Yes, open 24 hours.
- Prayer Rooms - There are four prayer rooms located within the airport. Locations: unknown.
- Showers - Located in all three of the Plaza Premium Lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking: There are smoking lounges available airside. Locations: unknown.
- Spas - TOSA Spa and O2 Spa offers massage and other services at the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
TSRTC’s Pushpak Airport Liner is a luxury express bus service between the airport and select destinations within the city of Hyderabad. Pick-up/drop-off points in the city include: Secunderabad (near Sangeet X Roads), Tarnaka, Uppal, LB Nagar, DRDL, Secretariat, AC Guards, NMDC (Mehdipatnam), Paryataka Bhavan, Begumpet, JNTU (Kukatpally), Shilparamam (Hi-Tech City) and Gachibowli (ORR). Fares are charged according to destination, and at the time of this update, range in price from Rs150 - 250.
State-owned long distance buses are available at the airport’s bus stop area. Tickets can be booked online or at the bus ticket counters in Arrivals. For further information about destinations, timetables and fares, visit the TSRTC or APSRTC websites.
Two car rental agencies, Carzonrent and One Car Rental, are located onsite at the airport. In addition to self-drive car rentals, both companies also offer chauffeured car and limousine service.
Meru and Sky Cabs provide licensed, metered, air-conditioned taxi service from the airport at car park level. At the time of this update, taxi fare is Rs 21 per kilometer with a 25% surcharge for rides between the hours of 11:00PM - 5:00AM. Prepaid service is also available. Taxi counters are located inside the terminal at Arrivals.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.