Mangalore Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Mangalore Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Mangalore Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal opened in 2010 and has separate concourses for domestic and international flights. The former commercial terminal is now used for flights to Saudi Arabia only during Hajj season.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide an airport shuttle for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Mangalore Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
At the time of this update, there are no airport lounges that economy class travellers can pay to use.
Free WiFi is available at Mangalore Airport for 30 minutes in both the Domestic and International Terminals. You may opt to pay for additional time beyond the free 30 minutes.
If sleeping in Mangalore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Deepa Comforts - (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Ginger Hotel Mangalore - (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Urban Retreat Homestay - (30 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Mangalore Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Karnataka Bank ATM is located outside of the terminal
- Baby Care Facilities - Feed and care for your baby in privacy and comfort in the Childcare Room. Free access is granted to travelers with babies.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available in Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a limited variety of newsstands and gift shops.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Luggage Trolleys - Free to use
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes, available landside in the Check-in area. Fee: unknown.
- Mobile Charging - You can power up your phones and small electronics, free of charge, at mobile charging stations located throughout the airport.
- Newspaper / Magazines - Free newspapers are available in both Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Post Office - Available in the Departures area
- Shopping - Available in both Arrivals and Departures areas
- Smoking Room - Designated smoking areas are available airside in both International and Domestic Departures.
- Taxis - A taxi counter is located outside of the terminal
The airport is open 24 hours.
Taxis are available outside the terminal, though you may be expected to pay in advance at the taxi counter in the terminal.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.