About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
Manila Ninoy Aquino Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Manila Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
At immigration ...officer tells foreigner that she was going on a a break... Then tells the foreigner rudely to tell the person behind him to transfer to another counter and even asks the foreigner to carry a heavy steal barrier to indicate that barrier counter closed!!! " - Gogaspet
Terminal 2. Photo credit: Dave/SleepingInAirports
[ submit a photo ]
After reading all of the terrible reviews about Manila we were prepared for another all nighter in a noisy Asian airport. We were pleasantly surprise when we made it to terminal 3. Upstairs on the 3rd floor is a 'passenger holding area' with plenty of space to sit or lie down. It was nice and quiet, not too bright and we had our own guard watching over us while we slept. Every person who entered the area to sit or sleep was logged with the security guard that stayed in the area all through the night. We found some cardboard boxes at the 7 eleven upstairs and made a nice bed and managed to get nearly 6 hours uninterrupted sleep. I have traveled extensively around the world and slept in dozens of airports and never have I had such a good night sleep and felt so safe. What a pleasant surprise. No noisy cleaners, very few announcements, in an area away from the major foot traffic. Note some of the power points are up high on the columns next to the seats."
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Location: West Wing, Departure Level, above Gate 15. Lounge Access: US$ 50 for a day pass
- Pagstop Lounge - Location: International Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor. Hours: 6am - 12am.
- Each Terminal has VIP Lounges located airside. Lounge Access: rate unknown
Free WiFi is available at the Manila Airport. Surprise: It doesn't always work!
If sleeping in the Manila Airport does not appeal to you (and we really wouldn't blame you), there is a hotel near the airport....
- Marriott Hotel - located across from Terminal 3. The hotel operates a 24 hour shuttle that runs every 40 minutes.
- Manila Airport Hotel - Free airport shuttle.
- Mabuhay Manor - Free Airport Transfer
A Day room is located for transitting passengers in Terminal 1. This room offers basic amenities including shower rooms. The airport web site states: "The Day Room is located near the Transfer Desk. Inform the staff at the Transfer Desk for you to be endorsed to the Day Room".
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Manila NAIA Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes. Located landside in all terminals.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Nissan • and more. Location: Terminal 1 • Terminal 2
- Chapels & Prayer Rooms - There are three chapels and two muslim prayer rooms at NAIA.
»Chapels: Terminal 1 - 4th Floor, West Wing • Terminal 2 - Departure Level, North wing • Terminal 3 - Mezzanine Level, North Head House.
»Muslim Prayer Room: Terminal 1, 4th Floor Wing • Terminal 3 - 3rd Floor, Departure Area, North Head House
- Currency Exchange - Yes. There are foreign exchange counters available landside and airside.
- Food / Dining - At the time of this guide update it was not know if there are any 24 hour food concessions. According to recent reviews, the food is over priced and you should eat before you get there.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
Open 24 hours. However, there have been reports that travellers will not be permitted to enter the terminals until 3 hours prior to departure. The airport has denied this in news reports, so I really don't know what to advise here. If you are transitting you should have better luck, especially if you do not have to transfer terminals.
Terminal Quick Tips
- Read jmiele3's review for good tips.
- Terminal 3 receives much better reviews and feedback than Terminal 1. Unfortunately it is not fully operational yet and only serves 3 airlines: AirPhil Express, Cebu Pacific Air and All Nippon Airways. Terminal 2, serving Philippine Airlines, also receives positive feedback.
Manila Travel Resources
- Manila Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 06 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.