Manila Ninoy Aquino Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Manila Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I would have to commend the employees such as the ground stewards and the restroom personnel for being friendly and attentive. Other than that, this airport is the absolute worst. " - robcouchpotato
I've been visiting the Phil. on and off for several years and each year seems like this place gets worse every time. I just came from there today and this is by far the worst airport that I have ever been in the last few years. Beside under 'renovation', the place is hot inside, going down to passenger waiting area is a nightmare: no restroom unless you want to go up and be subjected to another security check when you return and no place to get water or something to drink within this place.While sitting, I looked at the ceiling and it looks like it's ready to fall off. Each passengers leaving this hellhole pays departure fee each time for years now but there is no indication that this airport is being cared for. It's a shame that the government does not put effort to get this to international standard or at least half-way to int'l look.
Have you been to Manila NAIA Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Manila airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Pagstop Lounge - Location: International Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor. Hours: 6am - 12am. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Pacific Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Level 4. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Each Terminal has VIP Lounges located airside. Lounge Access: rate unknown
Free WiFi is available at Manila Airport. Surprise: It doesn't always work!
If sleeping in the Manila Airport does not appeal to you (and we really wouldn't blame you), there is a hotel near the airport....
- Marriott Hotel - located across from Terminal 3. The hotel operates a 24 hour shuttle that runs every 40 minutes.
- Manila Airport Hotel - Free airport shuttle.
- Mabuhay Manor - Free Airport Transfer
A Day room is located for transitting passengers in Terminal 1. This room offers basic amenities including shower rooms. The airport web site states: "The Day Room is located near the Transfer Desk. Inform the staff at the Transfer Desk for you to be endorsed to the Day Room".
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Manila NAIA Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes. Located landside in all terminals.
- Baggage Trolleys - available free of charge. You will likely encounter the airport's famous porters. For your own purposes, you should know that the acceptable amount for porter service is "$1.00 per luggage payable at the porterage counter" according to the airport's web site. Some reviewers have mentioned extortionist porter rates, so if you plan to use this service have the money ready and do not show larger bills or expect change when you do present a large bill.
- Chapels & Prayer Rooms - There are three chapels and two muslim prayer rooms at NAIA.
»Chapels: Terminal 1 - 4th Floor, West Wing • Terminal 2 - Departure Level, North wing • Terminal 3 - Mezzanine Level, North Head House.
»Muslim Prayer Room: Terminal 1, 4th Floor Wing • Terminal 3 - 3rd Floor, Departure Area, North Head House
- Currency Exchange - Yes. There are foreign exchange counters available landside and airside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this guide update it was not known if there are any 24 hour food concessions. According to recent reviews, the food is over priced and you should eat before you get there.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
Open 24 hours. However, there have been reports that travellers will not be permitted to enter the terminals until 3 hours prior to departure. The airport has denied this in news reports, so I really don't know what to advise here. If you are transitting you should have better luck, especially if you do not have to transfer terminals.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
- Car Rentals - Alamo • ASSI • Avis • Budget • Diamond • El Sol Tours • Europcar • Hertz • JS Travel • National • Nissan • Orix • Pacific Blue Transport. Location: Terminal 1 • Terminal 2 • Terminal 3.
- Public Transportation
- Metro Rail Transit - disembark at the EDSA - Taft Station and board an airport shuttle located beside the MRT station.
- Taxis - Drivers here are notorious for overcharging passengers with rigged meters called a Batingting. In recent years there has been a crack down on cabbies using these devices, but you should be forewarned. For the least amount of hassle it is recommended that you pre-book a taxi with an reliable operator recommended by your hotel or friends/family.
Airport Transportation: Getting Around
A shuttle bus transports passengers between the 4 terminals.
Terminal Quick Tips
- Read jmiele3's review for good tips.
- Security is an issue. Do not sleep alone and do not trust that any CCTV's you see are actually working. On December 20, 2013, four people were gunned down in the Arrivals Area. There were no CCTVs to record the incident. Back in 2011, a traveller wrote to us about Terminal 3 "its infiltrated by thieves and it does not have a CCTV system with recording. This is what i found out when i returned and had my time to make a report to the airline. I was told that there is only a limited coverage and the airport operator doesn't have a recording system in place." Read full review
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
Manila Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Manila hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Manila NAIA Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 09 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.