Seoul Incheon Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Seoul Incheon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Lots of space to sleep but everyone seems to know about it probably thanks to this site. These people came prepared with blankets and pillows. - CL
I have spent 10 and 4. 5 hour layovers here. ICN well deserves its consistently high ratings. The Free WiFi is great, the staff all speak English, and the cultural experience centers are amazing.
The highlight of this airport, for long layovers, is the Rest and Relax area. There are several around the airport, with loungers for sleeping, modular couches, etc. The snack bars there are even open late. For a fee you can get a massage, too.
It's really an amazing airport. Landside there is a cool transit center with art for sale and everything. I really enjoyed my time at this airport and would not mind connecting through here again if I can't fly direct.
Have you been to Seoul Incheon Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Seoul Incheon airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
Sky Hub Lounge - This pay-per-use lounge is available for all passengers. The Hub Lounge provides buffet meals, internet access, liquor, showers and other services - all included in the entrance fee. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35) • Priority Pass. Locations:
- Main Terminal, Airside, East Wing, Level 4, Transfer Service Complex, opposite Gate 11. Hours: 7am - 9pm.
- Main Terminal, Airside, West Wing, Level 4, opposite Gate 42. Hours: 7am - 9pm
These lounges can be accessed by economy class travellers with a pass or membership:
- Asiana Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A, 4th Floor, near Gate 119. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Asiana Business Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, West Wing, 4th Floor, near Gate 28. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- KAL Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A (east side), 4th Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:50PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, West Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, East Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Free WiFi is available at Seoul Incheon Airport. Connect to the "NAVER - Free WiFi Service" network.
- There are also internet lounges offering free internet access. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Locations: Level 2F, Near Arrivals A and E, Landside • Duty-free Area, Level 3F, Near gates 14 and 30, Airside .
If sleeping in Seoul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
- Incheon Airport Transit Hotel - Located airside on 4th floor of the International Terminal’s east and west wings. This hotel is only for travelers transiting between international flights. Day rooms are available in 6 hour blocks (730am to 6pm).
- Hotel Hu Incheon Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily 5:30am to 12:30am, about every 10 to 15 minutes. Pick-up/drop-off at International Terminal 3rd floor (Exit 3 or 12). Day rooms available from 9am to 4pm for 7-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 70,000, and include tax, service charge, free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and free use of business center.
- Grand Hyatt Incheon - (3 min from the airport) Located beside the airport terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 5am to 11pm, running about every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 3C or 14C (1st floor, opposite the road).
- Best Western Premier - (3 min from the airport) 700m from the terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 6am to 11pm. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). Day rooms available from 11am to 5pm for 6-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 45,000 plus tax and service charge, and include free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and discounts at the hotel restaurant.
Hostels & Budget Hotels near the airport: Lazy Bird Guest House (Shuttle Hours: 530am - 1130pm - extra cost).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Incheon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes - throughout the terminal (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - There are two car rental companies at the airport: Kumho (hours: open 24 hours) • Avis (hours: 6am - 10pm). Location: 1F, Near Exits 3 & 1.
- Casino - Wanna blow some money quickly? Then head over to the the Paradise Golden Gate Casino at the Hyatt Regency, located 3 minutes away.
- Cell Phone Rentals - Location: Landside, 1F & 3F • (Duty-free Area) 3F • (Concourse) 3F. The 1F location is open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - There are four banks located landside and many foreign exchange offices located landside and airside. At the time of this update, there did not appear to be any offices open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - The following food & beverage concessions are open 24 hours:
»Landside: KFC (1F, Center, West side of Millennium Hall) • Lotteria (3F, Near Check-in Counter D) • McDonald's (1F, Center, Near Millennium Hall) • Bizuen (3F, near exit 5) • Sanuki Bore (1F, Near Arrival Hall C, Exit 6)
»Airside: Delisky (Duty Free, 3F, between Gates 123-125) • Charlie Brown Cafe Concourse (Duty-free Area, 3F, Near Gate 113) • Café Amoje (Duty-free Area, 3F, Near Gate 2) • Food Capital Concourse (Duty Free, 3F, Near Gate 118) • Dunkin Donuts (Duty Free Area, 3F, near Gates 112 & 132)
- Gardens - There are 7 gardens located inside the terminal: Pine Tree Garden (Millennium Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • The Flowering Tree (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Rock Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flower Gardens (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Cactus Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Water Gardens (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Four Gracious Plants Garden (East Wing & West Wing, B1, Passenger Terminal)
- Golf Course - The Sky72 Golf Club is a 330-yard driving range, 18-hole putting course. Location: International Business Area. Hours: 0530-2300
- Information Desk - Information not available
- IT Experience Center - Get your hands on some cutting edge electronics at the IT Experience Center. Location: Level 3F, Duty free Area, Near Gate 14, Airside. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
- Korean Culture Experience - If you are just passing through the airport, you may be interested in learning of Korean culture while you are here. The airport has an area dedicated to Korean history, culture and activities.
- Korean Culture Museum - The museum showcases a collection of relics covering a 5,000-year timeline, thereby offering visitors a memorable opportunity to experience Korean culture and history at a single location. Location: Transfer Lounge (Level 4F) Hours: 0700-2200
- Traditional Culture Experience - The airports most popular attraction is the cultural experience zone. Here visitors can learn how to make traditional artifacts such as pencil cases, fans, and “lucky bags” from the resident faculty of the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation, and then take these items back home with them. There are also traditional performances including masque dances and twelve-stringed Korean harp recitals on stage. Location: Level 3F, near Gate 31 in the west wing and Level 3F, near Gate 24 in the east wing.Fee: free. Hours: 0700-2200
- Laundry Service - Location: Landside, B1, West side
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -
There are the storage centers in the public area of the Passenger Terminal (on the 3rd & 1st floor). Rate: approx. $5 - $9 per day. Hours: 0600-2200
Arrivals - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 1F, near Exit F/3F.
Arrivals - Hanjin Express - Level 1F, near Exit A.
Departures - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 3F, near Check-in M.
Departures - Hanjin Express - Level 3F, near Check-in A.
- Mobile Charging - We are in the process of updating this airport guide. As soon as we receive information about the Mobile Charging, we will add it.
- Observation Deck - At the "Airstar Terrace you can rest in the "Relax Chairs" and enjoy great views of the aircraft taking off and landing. The "Fresh Bar" serves up fresh coffee and juices and sandwiches. While the "Dessert Bar" will satisfy your sweet tooth with its variety of chocolates, candies and cookies. Located Level 4F. Hours: 0700-2100
- Pharmacy - There are 3 pharmacies inside the airport. Locations: B1 (Hours: 700am - 830pm) 3F, near Gate 28 (Hours: 630am - 930pm) • Duty Free, Center of Concourse (Hours: 700am - 900pm)
- Prayer Room - Locations:Duty Free, Concourse 2F, Near gate 29 • Concourse 4F. Hours: open 24 hours
- Rest Zones - If you are tired, there are areas that have large padded loungers for rest and relaxation. We are currently updating the guide and will add the locations as soon as we receive them.
- Showers - Free showers are located in the Rest & Relax Zone. There are 7 shower rooms in the East and West locations in the Passenger Terminal and 10 shower rooms in the concourse. Ask for a face towel, soap and hair dryer at the front desk. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Skating Rink - An all-season ice rink is located in the Transporation Center, landside. Rate: Free (Skate rental fee: Adult-4,000won • Teenagers-3,000won • Children-2,000won)
- Smoking - There smoking lounges located at these areas in the Passenger Terminal, Departure Area, 3F, Next to Gates 10, 12, 15, 30, 40 and 45 Hours: open 24 hours.
- Spa -
At the "Spa on Air", you can enjoy a sauna, soaking tubs, private sleeping rooms, meeting rooms, a snack bar and Thai-style massages. Location: Airside - B1 (east side). Hours: 24 hours
- Transit Tours - If you are in transit and have some time to kill, you can take one of the airport's transit tours ranging from 1-8 hours. A few tour possibilities include Yongungsa Temple,Wolmi Park, Fish Market, Sinpo Market, and Dora Observatory. Rate: $10-$100
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Passengers can access travel information and costs from exits 4 and 9 (indoors) and exits 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, and 9C (outdoors).
When emerging from arrivals, head to 3B-6B and 10A-13A for buses to Seoul; 2A, 2B and 13B for Incheon and 7A-9B for Gyeonggi.
Incheon Airport Railroad operates between Incheon Airport station and Seoul station, with 11 stops.
You can buy a ticket at booth 45 at arrivals floor, the travel center of Incheon Airport Railroad or from the customer information center. A non-stop train from Incheon Airport station to Seoul station takes 43 minutes and runs every 30 minutes.
For a full round down of schedules and costs for rail users, log on to the Korail web site.
Taxi stands are located at arrivals (1F) at the terminal between platform 4D and 7C. Taxis run at Incheon airport are in partnership with Seoul , Incheon and Gyeonggi taxis. Travel from the airport to Seoul City Hall is about 60 minutes.
Seoul Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Seoul hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 14 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.