Seoul Incheon Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Seoul Incheon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Lots of space to sleep but everyone seems to know about it probably thanks to this site. These people came prepared with blankets and pillows. - CL
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Seoul Incheon Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a large airport, and a comfortable place to spend a night - there are a lot of unique activities, plenty of sleeping space and nice amenities, and the staff provide good customer service with solid English.
- As a major transcontinental and Asian hub, lots of travellers spend their layovers here, and some even bring their own pillows and blankets.
- This airport offers several entertainment options, including a casino, a golf course, several gardens, free tours, and a Korean Culture Experience that features a museum and a hands-on area.
- There are many 24-hour eateries both Landside and Airside; see our Airport Guide for locations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Look for the Rest & Relaxation lounges. Travellers report good ones on the 3rd and 4th floors.
- Seating is quite comfortable throughout, and there are many reclining chairs and free massage chairs.
- Generally the lounges are quiet with low lighting at night.
- Gates are only announced 30-40 minutes ahead of time, so they usually have high turn-over. Stick to the lounges for rest.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a transit hotel inside the airport and other hotels nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- There are free showers available; see our Airport Guide for locations and hours.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to several airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Seoul Incheon Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Seoul Incheon airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Sky Hub Lounge (East Wing) - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, East Wing, Level 4, Transfer Service Complex, opposite Gate 11. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:30PM & 10:00PM - 6:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35).
- Sky Hub Lounge (West Wing) - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, West Wing, Level 4, opposite Gate 42. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35).
- Asiana Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A, 4th Floor, near Gate 119. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Asiana Business Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, West Wing, 4th Floor, near Gate 28. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily).
- KAL Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A (east side), 4th Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:50PM.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, West Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, East Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
Internet Cafe by Cafe Bene offers free internet access in the following locations: landside, 2F, West Side (Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM) • landside, 2F, East Side (Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM) • airside, Duty-Free 3F, near Gate 124 (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM) • airside, Duty-Free 3F, near Gate 111 (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM).
Computers with internet access are also free to use in the Internet Zone. Location: East and west wings near the Snack Bar • the Transfer Service Complex on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal Hours: Open 24 hours.
If sleeping in Seoul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
- Incheon Airport Transit Hotel - Located airside on 4th floor of the International Terminal’s east and west wings. This hotel is only for travelers transiting between international flights. Day rooms are available in 6 hour blocks (7:30AM to 6:00PM).
- Hotel Hu Incheon Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily 5:30AM to 12:30AM, about every 10 to 15 minutes. Pick-up/drop-off at International Terminal 3rd floor (Exit 3 or 12). Day rooms available from 9:00AM to 4:00PM for 7-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 70,000, and include tax, service charge, free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and free use of business center.
- Grand Hyatt Incheon - (3 min from the airport) Located beside the airport terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 5:00AM to 11:00PM, running about every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 3C or 14C (1st floor, opposite the road).
- Best Western Premier - (3 min from the airport) 700m from the terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 6:00AM to 11:00PM. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). Day rooms available from 11:00AM to 5:00PM for 6-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 45,000 plus tax and service charge, and include free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and discounts at the hotel restaurant.
Hostels & Budget Hotels near the airport: Lazy Bird Guest House (Shuttle Hours: 5:30AM - 11:30PM - extra cost).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Incheon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art in the Airport - Art and scheduled live music exhibitions are on display throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes - throughout the terminal (landside and airside).
- Baby Care Facilities - Diaper-changing tables, washbasins, bottle sanitizers, nursing equipment and more are available in the Babycare Lounges, free to use, for pregnant women, babies under 3 and their mothers. Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge. Inquire at any information desk. Korean Air also offers free stroller rentals to their departing passengers. Go to the Korean Air Family Care Service Office next to Gate 2 on the 3rd floor.
- Banking - Full-service banking, including foreign currency exchange, is available at the airport. Locations: Woori Bank - landside, B1F, East Side • Korea Exchange Bank - landside, B1F, West Side • Shinhan Bank - Transportation Center. Hours for all banks: 9:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Business Services - Printing, faxing, photocopies and limited business services are available in the airport lounges, the Internet Cafe by Bene locations, Orbital Stationary (landside, B1F, West Side), and The Beans by UCC (landside, B1F, East Side) Hours: vary per location.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Casino - Wanna blow some money quickly? Then head over to the the Paradise Golden Gate Casino at the Hyatt Regency, located 3 minutes away.
- Cell Phone Rentals - Location: Landside, 1F & 3F • (Duty-free Area) 3F • (Concourse) 3F. The 1F location is open 24 hours.
- Children’s Play Area - Kids Zone Locations: East and west wings by the Rest Zone and snack bars • in the Transfer Service Complex on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal Hours: Open 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Foreign currency exchange offices operate on varying schedules throughout the landside and airside areas of 1F and 3F. These foreign exchange offices are open 24 hours: KEB Currency Exchange (airside, Duty Free 3F, Concourse, near Gate 119 • airside, Duty Free 1F, near Gate B • airside, Duty Free 3F, near Gate 29) • Woori Bank Exchange (landside, 1F, near Exit 4).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bon Bibimbap (landside, 1F, near Exit 12) • Bonjuk (landside, 1F, near Exit 12) • Cafe Amoje (airside, Duty Free 3F, near Gate 27) • Food Capital (airside, Duty Free 4F, West Side) • Lotteria (landside, 3F, near Check-In Counter D) • McDonald’s (landside, 1F, near Exit 7) • Sanuki Bore (landside, 1F, near Exit 7).
- Gardens - There are 7 gardens located inside the terminal: Pine Tree Garden (Millennium Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flowering Tree Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Rock Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flower Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Cactus Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Water Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Four Gracious Plants Garden (East Wing & West Wing, B1, Passenger Terminal) An outdoor garden called the Wildflower Garden, features native wildflowers grown on artificial ground. Location: Transportation Center, 1F, east and west sides. Easily accessible from the airport train station and parking lot.
- Golf Course - The Sky72 Golf Club is a 330-yard driving range, 18-hole putting course. Location: International Business Area. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:00PM.
- IT Experience Center - Get your hands on some cutting edge electronics at the IT Experience Center. Location: Level 3F, Duty free Area, Near Gate 14, Airside. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Korean Culture Experience - If you are just passing through the airport, you may be interested in learning of Korean culture while you are here. The airport has an area dedicated to Korean history, culture and activities.
- Korean Culture Museum - The museum showcases a collection of relics covering a 5,000-year timeline, thereby offering visitors a memorable opportunity to experience Korean culture and history at a single location. Location: Transfer Lounge (Level 4F) Hours: 0700-2200
- Traditional Culture Experience - The airports most popular attraction is the cultural experience zone. Here visitors can learn how to make traditional artifacts such as pencil cases, fans, and “lucky bags” from the resident faculty of the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation, and then take these items back home with them. There are also traditional performances including masque dances and twelve-stringed Korean harp recitals on stage. Location: Level 3F, near Gate 31 in the west wing and Level 3F, near Gate 24 in the east wing.Fee: free. Hours: 0700-2200
- Laundry Service - Clean-Up Air laundry service Location: landside, B1F, West Side Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -
There are the storage centers in the public area of the Passenger Terminal (on the 3rd & 1st floor). Rate: approx. $5 - $9 per day. Hours: 0600-2200
Arrivals - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 1F, near Exit F/3F.
Arrivals - Hanjin Express - Level 1F, near Exit A.
Departures - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 3F, near Check-in M.
Departures - Hanjin Express - Level 3F, near Check-in A.
- Medical Services - Medical and dental services are offered in the Inha University Hospital airport clinic. Location: landside, B1F, East Side Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - We are in the process of updating this airport guide. As soon as we receive information about the Mobile Charging, we will add it.
- Movie Theatre - Enjoy a feature film at the CGV Movie Theatre! Location: Transportation Center Hours: 9:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Observation Deck - At the "Airstar Terrace you can rest in the "Relax Chairs" and enjoy great views of the aircraft taking off and landing. The "Fresh Bar" serves up fresh coffee and juices and sandwiches. While the "Dessert Bar" will satisfy your sweet tooth with its variety of chocolates, candies and cookies. Located Level 4F. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Five pharmacies are available in the airport: World Top Pharmacy - airside, Duty Free 3F, near Gate 28 (Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM) • Optima Plaza Pharmacy - landside, 3F, near Check-In Counter G (Hours: 6:30AM - 10:00PM) • Evergreen Pharmacy - landside, B1F, East Side (Hours: 7:00AM - 8:30PM) • AK Plaza Lead Pharmacy - airside, Duty Free 3F, center of concourse (Hours: 6:30AM - 11:00PM) • AK Plaza W-Store Star Pharmacy - landside, 3F, near Check-In Counter F (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM).
- Post Office - Location: landside, 2F, center Hours: 9:00AM - 6:00PM.
- Prayer Room - Locations: airside, Duty Free 3F, near Gate 24 • landside, 4F, West Side.
- Rest Zones - Kick back and relax on the padded loungers in the Rest Zone. Free to enter. Location: East and west wings by the snack bar • in the Transfer Service Complex on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Showers - Individual shower rooms are available to use, free of charge. Shower kits are provided for free to transit passengers, or for a small fee to all other travelers. There are seven shower rooms in the east and west wings of the passenger terminal, near the Korean Air (east wing) and Asiana Airline (west wing) lounges. Ten shower rooms are available on the 4th floor in the center of the concourse of the Transfer Service Complex. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (no entry after 9:30PM).
- Skating Rink - An all-season ice rink is located in the Transporation Center, landside. Rate: Free (Skate rental fee: Adult-4,000won • Teenagers-3,000won • Children-2,000won). Hours: 10:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Sky Garden - Located in the southeast quadrant on airport property, this recreational area features walking and cycling paths, eco-tunnel, courtyard, observation deck, a flower garden and more.
- Smoking - Locations: landside, 1F, near Exit 8 • airside, Duty Free 3F, near Gates 10, 12, 15, 30, 40, 45, 106, 123 and 127.
- Spa and Salon Services - Enjoy sauna, soaking tubs, private sleeping rooms, meeting rooms, a snack bar and Thai-style massages at the Spa On Air. Location: landside, B1F, East Side Hours: Open 24 hours Massage, nail care, aromatherapy and a variety of beauty treatments are available in the airport spa. Locations: near Korean Air (east wing) and Asiana Airline (west wing) lounges • past the cafeteria in the Transfer Service Complex on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal • near the Shower Room in Concourse A Hair styling and nail care are available at ASEM Geenia. Location: landside, B1F, East Side Hours: 10:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Transit Tours - If you are in transit and have some time to kill, you can take one of the airport's transit tours ranging from 1-8 hours. A few tour possibilities include Yongungsa Temple,Wolmi Park, Fish Market, Sinpo Market, and Dora Observatory. Rate: $10-$100
The airport is open 24 hours.
Incheon Airport is served by two different types of airport limousine buses: Standard and Deluxe. Standard airport buses make many stops and tend to be crowded, with tighter passenger seating. Deluxe airport buses cost more to ride, but run on shortened or nonstop routes and have larger, more comfortable seats. Airport buses run between the airport and most of Seoul all day and night. Detailed bus information is available at any Airport Information Desk, located near Gates 3 and 4 and Gates 11 and 12 on the 1st floor. Tickets can be purchased at an Airport Bus ticket booth, located next to Gates 4 and 9 inside the Arrivals Hall on the 1st floor or Gates 4, 6-8, 9C, 11 and 13 on the outside of the terminal.
City Airport, Logis & Travel Korea, or CALT, is a one-stop airport service for passengers departing South Korea on an international airline flight, such as Korean Air, Asiana, Qatar Airlines, etc. CALT is located at Samseong Station (along Seoul Subway line 2) exit 5 or 6, and hours of operation are from 5:20AM - 6:30PM. On the 1st floor, passengers can check in for their flights and check baggage up to 3 hours and 10 minutes before departure. Passengers then proceed to Departure Inspection on the 2nd floor before boarding an airport limousine bus for Incheon Airport. Upon arrival at the airport, passengers proceed to the Security Checkpoint via designated entrance on the 3rd floor. For more information on the services and amenities of CALT, visit the A'REX website.
Renters must have an International Driver’s License issued in the same country as their regular driver’s license, and some agencies require both. Major car rental agencies Lotte, AJ Rent-A-Car and Sixt can be found near the airport complex. Ask your service provider of choice for location and rental details.
Taxi stands are located across the street from the Arrivals Area exit between Gates 4 - 8. Three types of taxis are available at the taxi stands: regular, deluxe, and jumbo. Regular and deluxe taxis can each take up to four passengers, and jumbo taxis can take up to 9 passengers. Deluxe taxis cost more than regular taxis, but provide a premium level of service via comfortable seating and highly-trained drivers. Taxis are metered, with regular taxis charging a 20% night time surcharge for trips between 12:00AM - 4:00AM (no surcharge for deluxe or jumbo taxi service). Most taxis accept cash, credit card or prepaid T-money transit cards. Use only licensed taxis from the taxi stands, and do not accept rides from people who approach you in the terminal.
Call Van service is available at a flat rate for travellers with over 20kg of luggage. The Airport Call Van counter is open from 9:00AM - 8:00PM, and the call van stop is located at Gate 10C of the passenger terminal.
A’REX commuter trains run between Incheon Airport and Seoul Station in two lines: Express and All Stops. The Express line runs a non-stop 43 minute journey between Incheon and Seoul Station, with trains departing every 20 - 40 minutes. The All Stops line stops at every station in between Incheon Airport and Seoul Station, including a stop at Gimpo Airport. All Stops trains depart every 15 minutes for the 56 minute journey. AREX trains can be boarded at the Airport Railroad Incheon Airport Station, located opposite the airport entrance. Tickets can be purchased at vending machines located on either side of the station entrance. For fares and schedules, visit the A'REX website.
KTX (Korea Train Express) is a high-speed express train that travels in four different routes from Incheon Airport:
Gyeongbu Line > Busan
Honam Line > Gwangju or Mokpo
Jeonra Line > Yeosu
Gyongjun Line > Daejeon or Jinju
For fares and detailed information, visit the Korail website.
Last Updated: 26 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.