Seoul Incheon Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Seoul Incheon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Lots of space to sleep but everyone seems to know about it probably thanks to this site. These people came prepared with blankets and pillows. - CL
I have spent 10 and 4. 5 hour layovers here. ICN well deserves its consistently high ratings. The Free WiFi is great, the staff all speak English, and the cultural experience centers are amazing. The highlight of this airport, for long layovers, is the Rest and Relax area. There are several around the airport, with loungers for sleeping, modular couches, etc. The snack bars there are even open late. For a fee you can get a massage, too. It's really an amazing airport. Landside there is a cool transit center with art for sale and everything. I really enjoyed my time at this airport and would not mind connecting through here again if I can't fly direct.
Have you been to Seoul Incheon Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Seoul Incheon airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
Sky Hub Lounge - This pay-per-use lounge is available for all passengers. The Hub Lounge provides buffet meals, internet access, liquor, showers and other services - all included in the entrance fee. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35) • Priority Pass. Locations:
- Main Terminal, Airside, East Wing, Level 4, Transfer Service Complex, opposite Gate 11. Hours: 7am - 9pm.
- Main Terminal, Airside, West Wing, Level 4, opposite Gate 42. Hours: 7am - 9pm
These lounges can be accessed by economy class travellers with a pass or membership:
- Asiana Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A, 4th Floor, near Gate 119. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Asiana Business Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, West Wing, 4th Floor, near Gate 28. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- KAL Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A (east side), 4th Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:50PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, West Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, East Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Free WiFi is available at Seoul Incheon Airport. Connect to the "NAVER - Free WiFi Service" network.
- There are also internet lounges offering free internet access. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Locations: Level 2F, Near Arrivals A and E, Landside • Duty-free Area, Level 3F, Near gates 14 and 30, Airside .
If sleeping in Seoul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
- Incheon Airport Transit Hotel - Located airside on 4th floor of the International Terminal’s east and west wings. This hotel is only for travelers transiting between international flights. Day rooms are available in 6 hour blocks (730am to 6pm).
- Hotel Hu Incheon Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily 5:30am to 12:30am, about every 10 to 15 minutes. Pick-up/drop-off at International Terminal 3rd floor (Exit 3 or 12). Day rooms available from 9am to 4pm for 7-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 70,000, and include tax, service charge, free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and free use of business center.
- Grand Hyatt Incheon - (3 min from the airport) Located beside the airport terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 5am to 11pm, running about every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 3C or 14C (1st floor, opposite the road).
- Best Western Premier - (3 min from the airport) 700m from the terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 6am to 11pm. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). Day rooms available from 11am to 5pm for 6-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 45,000 plus tax and service charge, and include free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and discounts at the hotel restaurant.
Hostels & Budget Hotels near the airport: Lazy Bird Guest House (Shuttle Hours: 530am - 1130pm - extra cost).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Incheon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes - throughout the terminal (landside and airside).
- Casino - Wanna blow some money quickly? Then head over to the the Paradise Golden Gate Casino at the Hyatt Regency, located 3 minutes away.
- Cell Phone Rentals - Location: Landside, 1F & 3F • (Duty-free Area) 3F • (Concourse) 3F. The 1F location is open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - There are four banks located landside and many foreign exchange offices located landside and airside. At the time of this update, there did not appear to be any offices open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - The following food & beverage concessions are open 24 hours:
- Landside: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (1F Gate 10 and 3F Gate 13) • Bon Juk, 1F, Gate 12 • Cheiljemyunso, 1F, Gate 7 • Lotteria, 3F, near Check in Counter D and 1F, Center near Millennium Hall.
- Airside: Bizeun, 3F, Gate 46 • Dunkin Donuts, 3F, Gate 9 • Paris Croissant Kitchen, 3F, Gate 12 • Starbucks, 3F, Gate 28 • Coffee@Works, 3F, Gate 118 • strEAT, 3F, Gate 40 • Sanuki Bore, 3F, Gate 46 • Bistro Bar Lagrillia, 3F, Gate 115.
- Gardens - There are 7 gardens located inside the terminal: Pine Tree Garden (Millennium Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • The Flowering Tree (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Rock Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flower Gardens (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Cactus Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Water Gardens (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Four Gracious Plants Garden (East Wing & West Wing, B1, Passenger Terminal)
- Golf Course - The Sky72 Golf Club is a 330-yard driving range, 18-hole putting course. Location: International Business Area. Hours: 0530-2300
- Information Desk - Information not available
- IT Experience Center - Get your hands on some cutting edge electronics at the IT Experience Center. Location: Level 3F, Duty free Area, Near Gate 14, Airside. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
- Korean Culture Experience - If you are just passing through the airport, you may be interested in learning of Korean culture while you are here. The airport has an area dedicated to Korean history, culture and activities.
- Korean Culture Museum - The museum showcases a collection of relics covering a 5,000-year timeline, thereby offering visitors a memorable opportunity to experience Korean culture and history at a single location. Location: Transfer Lounge (Level 4F) Hours: 0700-2200
- Traditional Culture Experience - The airports most popular attraction is the cultural experience zone. Here visitors can learn how to make traditional artifacts such as pencil cases, fans, and “lucky bags” from the resident faculty of the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation, and then take these items back home with them. There are also traditional performances including masque dances and twelve-stringed Korean harp recitals on stage. Location: Level 3F, near Gate 31 in the west wing and Level 3F, near Gate 24 in the east wing.Fee: free. Hours: 0700-2200
- Laundry Service - Location: Landside, B1, West side
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -
There are the storage centers in the public area of the Passenger Terminal (on the 3rd & 1st floor). Rate: approx. $5 - $9 per day. Hours: 0600-2200
Arrivals - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 1F, near Exit F/3F.
Arrivals - Hanjin Express - Level 1F, near Exit A.
Departures - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 3F, near Check-in M.
Departures - Hanjin Express - Level 3F, near Check-in A.
- Mobile Charging - We are in the process of updating this airport guide. As soon as we receive information about the Mobile Charging, we will add it.
- Observation Deck - At the "Airstar Terrace you can rest in the "Relax Chairs" and enjoy great views of the aircraft taking off and landing. The "Fresh Bar" serves up fresh coffee and juices and sandwiches. While the "Dessert Bar" will satisfy your sweet tooth with its variety of chocolates, candies and cookies. Located Level 4F. Hours: 0700-2100
- Pharmacy - There are 3 pharmacies inside the airport. Locations: B1 (Hours: 700am - 830pm) 3F, near Gate 28 (Hours: 630am - 930pm) • Duty Free, Center of Concourse (Hours: 700am - 900pm)
- Prayer Room - Locations:Duty Free, Concourse 2F, Near gate 29 • Concourse 4F. Hours: open 24 hours
- Rest Zones - If you are tired, there are areas that have large padded loungers for rest and relaxation. There is a Rest & Relax zone on the 2nd Floor, Airside.
- Showers - Free showers are located in the Rest & Relax Zone. There are 7 shower rooms in the East and West locations in the Passenger Terminal and 10 shower rooms in the concourse. Ask for a face towel, soap and hair dryer at the front desk. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Skating Rink - An all-season ice rink is located in the Transporation Center, landside. Rate: Free (Skate rental fee: Adult-4,000won • Teenagers-3,000won • Children-2,000won)
- Smoking - There smoking lounges located at these areas in the Passenger Terminal, Departure Area, 3F, Next to Gates 10, 12, 15, 30, 40 and 45 Hours: open 24 hours.
- Spa -
At the "Spa on Air", you can enjoy a sauna, soaking tubs, private sleeping rooms, meeting rooms, a snack bar and Thai-style massages. Location: Airside - B1 (east side). Hours: 24 hours
- Transit Tours - If you are in transit and have some time to kill, you can take one of the airport's transit tours ranging from 1-8 hours. A few tour possibilities include Yongungsa Temple,Wolmi Park, Fish Market, Sinpo Market, and Dora Observatory. Rate: $10-$100
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Incheon Airport is served by two different types of airport limousine buses: Standard and Deluxe. Standard airport buses make many stops and tend to be crowded, with tighter passenger seating. Deluxe airport buses cost more to ride, but run on shortened or nonstop routes and have larger, more comfortable seats. Airport buses run between the airport and most of Seoul all day and night. Detailed bus information is available at any Airport Information Desk, located near Gates 3 and 4 and Gates 11 and 12 on the 1st floor. Tickets can be purchased at an Airport Bus ticket booth, located next to Gates 4 and 9 inside the Arrivals Hall on the 1st floor or Gates 4, 6-8, 9C, 11 and 13 on the outside of the terminal.
City Airport, Logis & Travel Korea, or CALT, is a one-stop airport service for passengers departing South Korea on an international airline flight, such as Korean Air, Asiana, Qatar Airlines, etc. CALT is located at Samseong Station (along Seoul Subway line 2) exit 5 or 6, and hours of operation are from 5:20AM - 6:30PM. On the 1st floor, passengers can check in for their flights and check baggage up to 3 hours and 10 minutes before departure. Passengers then proceed to Departure Inspection on the 2nd floor before boarding an airport limousine bus for Incheon Airport. Upon arrival at the airport, passengers proceed to the Security Checkpoint via designated entrance on the 3rd floor. For more information on the services and amenities of CALT, visit the A'REX website.
Renters must have an International Driver’s License issued in the same country as their regular driver’s license, and some agencies require both. Major car rental agencies Lotte, AJ Rent-A-Car and Sixt can be found near the airport complex. Ask your service provider of choice for location and rental details.
Taxi stands are located across the street from the Arrivals Area exit between Gates 4 - 8. Three types of taxis are available at the taxi stands: regular, deluxe, and jumbo. Regular and deluxe taxis can each take up to four passengers, and jumbo taxis can take up to 9 passengers. Deluxe taxis cost more than regular taxis, but provide a premium level of service via comfortable seating and highly-trained drivers. Taxis are metered, with regular taxis charging a 20% night time surcharge for trips between 12:00AM - 4:00AM (no surcharge for deluxe or jumbo taxi service). Most taxis accept cash, credit card or prepaid T-money transit cards. Use only licensed taxis from the taxi stands, and do not accept rides from people who approach you in the terminal.
Call Van service is available at a flat rate for travellers with over 20kg of luggage. The Airport Call Van counter is open from 9:00AM - 8:00PM, and the call van stop is located at Gate 10C of the passenger terminal.
A’REX commuter trains run between Incheon Airport and Seoul Station in two lines: Express and All Stops. The Express line runs a non-stop 43 minute journey between Incheon and Seoul Station, with trains departing every 20 - 40 minutes. The All Stops line stops at every station in between Incheon Airport and Seoul Station, including a stop at Gimpo Airport. All Stops trains depart every 15 minutes for the 56 minute journey. AREX trains can be boarded at the Airport Railroad Incheon Airport Station, located opposite the airport entrance. Tickets can be purchased at vending machines located on either side of the station entrance. For fares and schedules, visit the A'REX website.
KTX (Korea Train Express) is a high-speed express train that travels in four different routes from Incheon Airport:
Gyeongbu Line > Busan
Honam Line > Gwangju or Mokpo
Jeonra Line > Yeosu
Gyongjun Line > Daejeon or Jinju
For fares and detailed information, visit the Korail website.
Last Updated: 14 November 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.