Seoul Incheon Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Seoul Incheon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Lots of space to sleep but everyone seems to know about it probably thanks to this site. These people came prepared with blankets and pillows. - CL
I have spent 10 and 4. 5 hour layovers here. ICN well deserves its consistently high ratings. The Free WiFi is great, the staff all speak English, and the cultural experience centers are amazing.
The highlight of this airport, for long layovers, is the Rest and Relax area. There are several around the airport, with loungers for sleeping, modular couches, etc. The snack bars there are even open late. For a fee you can get a massage, too.
It's really an amazing airport. Landside there is a cool transit center with art for sale and everything. I really enjoyed my time at this airport and would not mind connecting through here again if I can't fly direct.
Have you been to Seoul Incheon Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Hub Lounge - This pay-per-use lounge is available for all passengers. The Hub Lounge provides buffet meals, internet access, liquor, showers and other services - all included in the entrance fee. Lounge Access: $35 per person. Locations:
- Main Terminal, Airside, East Wing, Level 4, Transfer Service Complex, opposite Gate 11. Hours: 7am - 9pm.
- Main Terminal, Airside, West Wing, Level 4, opposite Gate 42. Hours: 7am - 9pm
And here are the airline lounges:
- Asiana Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A, 4th Floor, near Gate 119. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 12am.
- KAL Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse A (east side), 4th Floor. Hours: 630am - 1150pm.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, West Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7am - 9pm.
- Matina Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, East Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Hours: 7am - 9pm.
- Free WiFi is available at Seoul Incheon Airport. Connect to the "NAVER - Free WiFi Service" network.
- There are also internet lounges offering free internet access. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Locations: Level 2F, Near Arrivals A and E, Landside • Duty-free Area, Level 3F, Near gates 14 and 30, Airside .
If sleeping in the Seoul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport.
- Incheon Airport Transit Hotel - located airside on 4th floor and accessible through the East and West Wing. Day rooms are available in 6 hour blocks (730am-6pm).
- Hyatt Regency - Beside the terminal. Free shuttle bus to and from 1F / Gate 3A & 13B runs every 20 minutes.
- Best Western Premier - 700m from the terminal. Shuttle bus is available.
Hostels & Budget Hotels near the airport: Lazy Bird Guest House (Shuttle Hours: 530am - 1130pm - extra cost).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Incheon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes - throughout the terminal (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - There are two car rental companies at the airport: Kumho (hours: open 24 hours) • Avis (hours: 6am - 10pm). Location: 1F, Near Exits 3 & 1.
- Casino - Wanna blow some money quickly? Then head over to the the Paradise Golden Gate Casino at the Hyatt Regency, located 3 minutes away.
- Cell Phone Rentals - Location: Landside, 1F & 3F • (Duty-free Area) 3F • (Concourse) 3F. The 1F location is open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - There are four banks located landside and many foreign exchange offices located landside and airside. At the time of this update, there did not appear to be any offices open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - The following food & beverage concessions are open 24 hours:
»Landside: KFC (1F, Center, West side of Millennium Hall) • Lotteria (3F, Near Check-in Counter D) • McDonald's (1F, Center, Near Millennium Hall) • Bizuen (3F, near exit 5) • Sanuki Bore (1F, Near Arrival Hall C, Exit 6)
»Airside: Delisky (Duty Free, 3F, between Gates 123-125) • Charlie Brown Cafe Concourse (Duty-free Area, 3F, Near Gate 113) • Café Amoje (Duty-free Area, 3F, Near Gate 2) • Food Capital Concourse (Duty Free, 3F, Near Gate 118) • Dunkin Donuts (Duty Free Area, 3F, near Gates 112 & 132)
- Gardens - There are 7 gardens located inside the terminal: Pine Tree Garden (Millennium Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • The Flowering Tree (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Rock Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flower Gardens (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Cactus Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Water Gardens (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Four Gracious Plants Garden (East Wing & West Wing, B1, Passenger Terminal)
- Golf Course - The Sky72 Golf Club is a 330-yard driving range, 18-hole putting course. Location: International Business Area. Hours: 0530-2300
- Information Desk - Information not available
- IT Experience Center - Get your hands on some cutting edge electronics at the IT Experience Center. Location: Level 3F, Duty free Area, Near Gate 14, Airside. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
- Korean Culture Experience - If you are just passing through the airport, you may be interested in learning of Korean culture while you are here. The airport has an area dedicated to Korean history, culture and activities.
- Korean Culture Museum - The museum showcases a collection of relics covering a 5,000-year timeline, thereby offering visitors a memorable opportunity to experience Korean culture and history at a single location. Location: Transfer Lounge (Level 4F) Hours: 0700-2200
- Traditional Culture Experience - The airports most popular attraction is the cultural experience zone. Here visitors can learn how to make traditional artifacts such as pencil cases, fans, and “lucky bags” from the resident faculty of the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation, and then take these items back home with them. There are also traditional performances including masque dances and twelve-stringed Korean harp recitals on stage. Location: Level 3F, near Gate 31 in the west wing and Level 3F, near Gate 24 in the east wing.Fee: free. Hours: 0700-2200
- Laundry Service - Location: Landside, B1, West side
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -
There are the storage centers in the public area of the Passenger Terminal (on the 3rd & 1st floor). Rate: approx. $5 - $9 per day. Hours: 0600-2200
Arrivals - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 1F, near Exit F/3F.
Arrivals - Hanjin Express - Level 1F, near Exit A.
Departures - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 3F, near Check-in M.
Departures - Hanjin Express - Level 3F, near Check-in A.
- Observation Deck - At the "Airstar Terrace you can rest in the "Relax Chairs" and enjoy great views of the aircraft taking off and landing. The "Fresh Bar" serves up fresh coffee and juices and sandwiches. While the "Dessert Bar" will satisfy your sweet tooth with its variety of chocolates, candies and cookies. Located Level 4F. Hours: 0700-2100
- Pharmacy - There are 3 pharmacies inside the airport. Locations: B1 (Hours: 700am - 830pm) 3F, near Gate 28 (Hours: 630am - 930pm) • Duty Free, Center of Concourse (Hours: 700am - 900pm)
- Prayer Room - Locations:Duty Free, Concourse 2F, Near gate 29 • Concourse 4F. Hours: open 24 hours
- Showers - Hub Lounge: Airside, Transfer Service Complex, 4th Floor• Spa on Air: Airside, B1, East Side. Hours: open 24 hours. Fee: $
- Skating Rink - An all-season ice rink is located in the Transporation Center, landside. Rate: Free (Skate rental fee: Adult-4,000won • Teenagers-3,000won • Children-2,000won)
- Smoking - There smoking lounges located at these areas in the Passenger Terminal, Departure Area, 3F, Next to Gates 10, 12, 15, 30, 40 and 45 Hours: open 24 hours.
- Spa -
At the "Spa on Air", you can enjoy a sauna, soaking tubs, private sleeping rooms, meeting rooms, a snack bar and Thai-style massages. Location: Airside - B1 (east side). Hours: 24 hours
- Transit Tours - If you are in transit and have some time to kill, you can take one of the airport's transit tours ranging from 1-8 hours. A few tour possibilities include Yongungsa Temple,Wolmi Park, Fish Market, Sinpo Market, and Dora Observatory. Rate: $10-$100
The airport is open 24 hours.
Seoul Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Seoul hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 09 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.