Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Seoul Incheon Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Lots of space to sleep but everyone seems to know about it probably thanks to this site. These people came prepared with blankets and pillows. – CL
ICN Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Seoul Incheon Airport.
What to Expect
Seoul Incheon Airport (code: ICN) is a large airport divided into two terminals. An underground train plus street-level shuttle buses connect the terminals, but you’ll still walk a lot to reach your gate.
You can only blame yourself if you are hungry or bored here. Dozens of Korean, Asian, and Western eateries are located both landside and airside, and many stay open 24 hours. Travellers rave about the entertainment here, like the in-airport gardens, golf course and driving range, year-round skating rink, free city tours, a movie theatre, and the interactive Korean Culture Experience. Other amenities include free WiFi, designated rest zones, a digital gym, and free showers. If all that’s not enough, economy class travellers can purchase entry to a number of airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Incheon Airport
As a major international hub, you’ll find travellers sleeping in every corner at all hours. Comfortable seating is abundant, but grab a reclining chair or free massage chair when one opens up! Travellers recommend checking out the Rest & Relaxation lounges on the 3rd & 4th floors, which tend to stay quiet and dimly-lit at night. Because gates only open 40 minutes ahead of departure, there’s a lot of turnover, so lounges offer more privacy and fewer disruptions. Explore our guide to sleeping in Incheon Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there are two transit hotels (inside Security) plus a capsule hotel located pre-Security. Several nearby hotels offer free shuttle service for guests. See our Airport Hotels section below for locations.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. Some services and facilities may remain closed or operate with reduced hours. Airport tips and suggestions in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. If you are planning to sleep in the public area of the terminal overnight, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a few travellers at other airports and they were not permitted to stay overnight. We’re not sure if that will apply to this airport, until a reader lets us know the current situation. If you have some time to spare please write a review, send a tip or share photos to help future travellers.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Incheon Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Incheon Airport Hotels
- Nearest Hotel: Inside the Airport
- Sleep Cabins & Pods: No
- Day Rooms: Yes
- Nearby Hotels with Free Shuttles: Yes
When the prospect of sleeping on the floor or in a chair isn’t really doing it for you, there is good news for those of you who are looking to sleep at Incheon Airport in comfort. If you are on a layover, you don’t have to go through security as there are two transit hotels offering both short-term and overnight rates. Another onsite hotel is located in the Transportation Center and a number of nearby hotels offer free airport shuttles.
In Transit Incheon Airport Transit Hotel (Terminal 1) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 4th floor, across from Gate 43 (East Wing) and Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, across from Gate 11 (West Wing). This hotel is only for travelers transiting between international flights. Rooms are available in a 12 hour block or standard 24 hours. » Check Rates
In Transit Incheon Airport Transit Hotel (Terminal 2) – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gates 252. This hotel is only for travelers transiting between international flights. Rooms are available in a 12 hour block or standard 24 hours. » Check Rates
At Airport Darakhyu Capsule Hotel Incheon Airport – Two Locations: Landside (public zone), 1st floor of Transportation Center, near the entrance to the airport train • Nearby the bus ticket counter in Terminal 2. There are 60 rooms available at each location. Rooms come equipped with a single or double bed, bluetooth speaker, WiFi and desk. Some rooms have showers. Minimum stay is 3 hours. Terminal 1 » Check Rates
Terminal 2 » Check Rates
Near Airport Hotel Hu Incheon Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle is available daily 5:30AM – 12:00AM, about every 10 to 15 minutes. Pick-up/drop-off at International Terminal 3rd floor (Exit 3 or 12). Day rooms available from 9:00AM to 4:00PM for 7-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 70,000 (Day use), and include tax, service charge, free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and free use of business center. » Check Rates
Near Airport Grand Hyatt Incheon – (3 minutes from Terminal 1) Located beside the airport terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle is available daily from 5:00AM to 11:00PM, running about every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 3C or 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). » Check Rates
Near Airport Best Western Premier Incheon Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) 700m from the terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle is available daily from 6:00AM to 11:00PM (every 30-60 mins depending on time of day). Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). Day rooms available from 11:00AM to 5:00PM for 6-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 45,000 plus tax and service charge, and include free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and discounts at the hotel restaurant. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Seoul Incheon Airport on TripAdvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a day pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Asiana Lounge – Location: Main Terminal, Airside, Concourse A, 4th Floor, near Gate 11. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Matina Lounge (Main Terminal, West Wing) – Location: Main Terminal, West Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available.Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Matina Lounge (Main Terminal, East Wing) – Location: Main Terminal, East Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Sky Hub Lounge – Multiple Locations – (1) East Wing, (1) West Wing and (1) International Departures.
Lounge L – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Passes Matina Lounge (Terminal 2) – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
SPC Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
see also Seoul Incheon Airport Lounges
Free WiFi is available everywhere at Seoul Incheon Airport.
If you are travelling without a mobile device you can visit one of the many free Internet Stations. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 25 • Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 29 • Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 231 • Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 268.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Cell Phone Rentals – There are plenty of options to choose from in both Terminals. The following locations are open 24 hours:
- Terminal 1: SK Telecom (Landside, 1F, near Exit 6) • LG U+ Roaming (Landside, 1F, near Exit 5) • Korea Telecom Roaming (Landside, 1F, near Exit 10) • LG U+ Roaming (Landside, 1F, between Gates 3-4) • Korea Telecom Roaming (Landside,1F, West Side of Exit 3).
- Terminal 2: SK Telecom Roaming (Landside, 1F, near Exit 4).
- Post Office – Send your last minute postcards to friends and family from the airport’s post office. Location: Terminal 1, landside, center of 2F. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Diaper-changing tables, washbasins, bottle sanitizers, nursing equipment and more are available in the Babycare Lounges, free to use, for pregnant women, babies under 3 and their mothers. Terminal 1 offers 11 locations and Terminal 2 offers 8.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Locations:
- Terminal 1: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 25 • 3rd Floor, near Gates 9 14, 41 and 45 • Concourse, 3rd Floor near Gate 110.
- Terminal 2: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gates 231 (offers a Cafe as well), 242, 246, 254, 257 and 268 (offers a Cafe as well).
- Strollers – Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge. Inquire at any information desk. Korean Air also offers free stroller rentals to their departing passengers. Go to the Korean Air Family Care Service Office next to Gate 2 on the 3rd floor.
- Fitness – Check out the airport’s digital gym if you have time for a virtual workout. Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 4F, near Gates 231 and 268.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Terminal 1, Landside: Burger King (3F, near Check-in Counter J) • Gongcha (1F, near Exit 5) Holly’s Coffee (1F, Arrivals Hall B-C) • Jamba Juice (3F, Check-in Counter 8) • Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (1F, near Exit 10) • Lina’s (3F, Check-in Counter M) Lotteria (3F, near Check-in Counter D • 1F, center of Public Area) Sky31 Food Avenue (1F, center) • Tous les Jours (1F, Arrival Hall B).
- Terminal 1, Airside: Babidabida (near Gate 118) • Bistrobar Lagrilla (Gate 115) • Bizeun (near Gate 46) • [email protected] (near Gate 118)• Dunkin Donuts (near Gate 9 • near 112) • Lotteria (3F, near Gate 10 • 3F, near Gate 119 ) • Sanuki Bore (near Gate 46) • Starbucks (near Gate 28).
- Terminal 2, Landside: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (3F, near Exit 2) • Lotteria (across from Check-in Counter E • Center of Public Area).
- Terminal 2, Airside: Angel-in-us-Coffee (Gate 231) • [email protected] (Gate 253) • Lina’s (near Gate 268) • Starbucks (near Gate 248).
- Information Desk – If you have any questions, visit one of the airport information desks for assistance! Terminal 1 offers 8 Information Desks and in Terminal 2 there is 6 desks. Hours vary but both Terminals have some locations which are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – There are the storage centers in the public area of the Main Passenger Terminal . Rate: approx. $5 – $9 per day. Hours: open 24 hours. Locations:
- Public Area: CJ Logistics (3F, near Check-in B) • Hanjin Express (3F, near Check-in N).
- Luggage Wrapping – Information not available.
- Medical Services – Medical and dental services are offered in the Inha University Hospital airport clinics. Locations: T1, Landside, B1F, East Side (Hours: Emergency care – open 24 hours) • T2, Landside, B1F, West Side (Hours: 8:30AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri) and 8:30AM – 3:00PM (Sat & Sun).
- Pharmacy – Both terminals offer pharmacies with varying hours of operation, with the earliest opening at 6:00AM and the latest closing at 11:00PM.
- Terminal 1: Lead Pharmacy (Landside, 3F, Check-in Area G) • Medipharm Pharmacy (Landside, 1BF, East Side) • Optima Plaza Pharmacy (Landside, 3F, near Check-in H) • W Store Star (Landside, 3F, near Check-in G) • World Top Pharmacy (Airside, 3F, near Gate 28).
- Terminal 2: Balance Pharmacy (Landside, 1B) • Sky Pharm Pharmacy (Landside, 3rd Floor, Check-in Area) • Prime Pharmacy (Airside, 3F, Gate 253).
- Mobile Charging – Charging points can be found near seating. A reader tells us that most seating has a nearby tower with 4-6 sockets. There are also separate mobile charging stations with cables included, but no seating.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: There are plenty of ATMs available both Terminals.
- Banking Services – Full-service banking, including foreign currency exchange, is available at the airport. Locations: Woori Bank (T1, Landside, B1F, East Side • T2, Landside, 1F, East Side) • KEB Currency Exchange (T1, Landside, B1F, West Side • T2, Lanside, 1F, East Side) • Shinhan Bank (Transportation Center • T2, 1F, West Side) • KEB Hana Bank (T2, Center of Public Area, Area 1BF) Hours for all banks: 9:00AM – 4:00PM.
- Currency Exchange – The airport offers plenty of currency exchange counters/offices. These locations operate 24 hours:
- Terminal 1: Woori Bank Exchange (Landside, 1F, near Exit 4) • KEB Currency Exchange Services (Airside, 3F, Gate 29 • Airside, 1F, near Gate B).
- Terminal 2: KEB Currency Exchange (Landside, 1F, near Exit 5) • Shinhan Bank (Landside, 3F, across from Check-in Counter H • Landside, 3F, across from Check-in Counter A) • Woori Bank (Airside, 3F, near Gate 252).
- Prayer Room – Locations: Terminal 1 (Landside, 4F West Side • Airside, 3F, near Gate 24 • Airside, 4F, Center) • Terminal 2 (Landside, B1F, East Side).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – The airport offers both Relax Zones (with comfy recliner chairs) and Nap Zones (with padded lounger/beds). Hours: 24 hours. Rates: free to use. Locations (both Relax and Nap Zones are available):
- Terminal 1: Aiside, Center of 4th Floor • Airside, 4th Floor, West Side • Airside, 4th Floor, East Side • Airside, 4th Floor, near Gates 25 • Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 29 • Airside, Concourse, 4th Floor, near Gate 118.
- Terminal 2: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 268 • Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 231.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shops are readily available, a few of which operate 24 hours. The airport also offers shops for everything you could need, from a bag of chips to luxury clothing. The following convenience shops are open 24 hours:
- Terminal 1: CU CVS (West of Transportation Center • Landside, 3F, near Check-in Counter H • Landside, near Exits 5, 11 and 14) • Emart24 (Landside, 3F, Check-in Counter H).
- Terminal 2: GS 25 (Landside, 1st Floor, West Side • Landside, 2nd Floor, East Side) • 7-Eleven (Landside, 3rd Floor, Central Area • Landside, 1st Floor, East Side • Airside, 4th Floor, Gate 249).
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Individual shower rooms are available to use, free of charge. Shower kits are available for a small fee (3,000 won) unless you are a transit passengers, in which case the kits are free. All locations are open 24 hours; however, shower kits are only available for purchase from 7:00AM – 9:00PM. Locations:
- Terminal 1: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 25 • Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 29 • Concourse, Airside, 4F, near Gate 118.
- Terminal 2: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 231 • Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 268.
- Showers can also be found inside many of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa and Salon Services – Enjoy spa services and massages while waiting for your flight. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:10PM (all locations). Locations:
- Prana Spa (T2, Airside, near Gate 231 T1, Landside, B1F, West Side Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM T2, Airside, near Gate 268).
- Skin Care/Massage (T1, Airside, 4th Floor, East Side • T1, Airside, 4th Floor, West Side).
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in dedicated smoking zones which are available in both Terminals.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Art including media, sculptural, light shows, etc. and scheduled live music exhibitions are on display throughout the airport.
- Casino – Wanna blow some money quickly? Then head over to the Paradise Golden Gate Casino at the Hyatt Regency, located 3 minutes away.
- Gardens – There are 7 gardens located inside the terminal: Pine Tree Garden (Millennium Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flowering Tree Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Rock Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flower Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Cactus Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Water Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Four Gracious Plants Garden (East Wing & West Wing, B1, Passenger Terminal) An outdoor garden called the Wildflower Garden, features native wildflowers grown on artificial ground. Location: Transportation Center, 1F, east and west sides. Easily accessible from the airport train station and parking lot.
- Golf Course – The Sky72 Golf Club is a 330-yard driving range, 18-hole putting course. Location: International Business Area. Hours: 5:30AM – 11:00PM.
- IT Experience Center – Get your hands on some cutting edge electronics at the IT Experience Center. Location: Level 3F, Duty free Area, Near Gate 14, Airside. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Korean Cultural Experiences – The airport offers at least 15 examples of Korean cultural experiences including Museums, a Remains Exhibit, a Traditional Cultural Center and more. Of particular interest may be the Rest and Relaxation of Korea area which offers traditional handicrafts, folding screens and other Korean artworks all in an area that is intended to allow you to appreciate the art in a typical Korean relaxation space.
- Movie Theatre – Enjoy a feature film at the CGV Movie Theatre! Location: Transportation Center Hours: 9:00AM – 11:00PM.
- Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: Terminal 1, 3rd Floor, ( Hours: 10:30AM – 4:00PM) and Terminal 2, Floor 5. (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM). The Terminal 2 location offers public relations zones, viewing experience zones, briefing zones, and a lounge.
- Skating Rink – An all-season ice rink is located in the Transportation Center, landside. Rate: Free (Skate rental fee: Adult-4,000won • Teenagers-3,000won • Children-2,000won). Hours: 10:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Sky Garden – Located in the southeast quadrant on airport property, this recreational area features walking and cycling paths, eco-tunnel, courtyard, observation deck, a flower garden and more.
- Transit Tours – If you are in transit, you can take advantage of the airport’s transit tours ranging from 1-8 hours. A few tour possibilities include Yongungsa Temple,Wolmi Park, Fish Market, Sinpo Market, and Dora Observatory. Rate: $10-$100.
Other Airport Services & Facilities
- Laundry Service – Clean-Up Air laundry service Location: T1, Landside, B1F, West Side (Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM) • T2, Landside, B1F, East of Transportation Center (Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Seoul Incheon airport is served by the following airlines:
- Terminal 1: Air Asia • Air Astana • Air Canada • Air China • Air India • Air Macau • Air New Zealand • Air Seoul • American Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Aurora Airlines • Bamboo Airlines • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • Cebu Air • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern • EastarJet • Emirates • EVA Airways • Finnair • Hawaiian Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • Japan Airlines • Jetstar • Jin Air • Lao Airlines • Lufthansa • LOT • Malaysia Airlines • Mongolian Airlines • PanPacific • Philippine Airlines • Qatar Airways • Royal Brunei Airlines • S7 Airlines • Shandong Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Singapore Airlines • Sky Angkor Airlines • Spring Airlines • Thai Airways • Tianjin Airlines • Turkish Airlines • T’way Air • UNI Airways • United • Uzbekistan Airways • VietJet • Vietnam Airlines • Yakutia Airlines.
- Terminal 2: Aeroméxico • Aeroflot • Air France • Alitalia • China Airlines • Czech Airlines • Delta Air Lines • Garuda Indonesia • KLM • Korean Airlines • Xiamen Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
ICN airport is well connected to the bus system including dedicated night time bus routes. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Seoul Incheon Airport website. Detailed bus information is also available at any Airport Information Desk.
Renters must have an International Driver’s License issued in the same country as their regular driver’s license, and some agencies require both. Major car rental agencies Lotte, AJ Rent-A-Car and Sixt can be found near the airport complex. Ask your service provider of choice for location and rental details.
The airport provides a free shuttle bus between the airport terminals and long term parking facilities. The buses depart approximately every 5 -15 minutes and operate from 4:50AM – 11:30PM.
See Airport Hotels above.
It is recommended to use an official airport taxi which are readily available at the airport taxi stands. For sample fares, taxi vehicles options and more, visit the Seoul Incheon Airport website.
The Airport Railroad service connects the Airport (both terminals) with a variety of destinations including the Gimpo International Airport and the Seoul Central Train Station. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Airport Railroad website.
KTX (Korea Train Express) is a high-speed express train that travels in three different routes from Incheon Airport: Gyeongbu Line > Busan; Jeonra Line > Yeosu; and Gyongjun Line > Daejeon or Jinju
For fares and detailed information, visit the Korail website.
Last updated: 2020-10-21
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.