Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Seoul Incheon Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Lots of space to sleep but everyone seems to know about it probably thanks to this site. These people came prepared with blankets and pillows. – CL
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Seoul Incheon Airport.
What to Expect
Seoul Incheon Airport is a large airport divided into two terminals. An underground train plus street-level shuttle buses connect the terminals, but you’ll still walk a lot to reach your gate.
You can only blame yourself if you are hungry or bored here. Dozens of Korean, Asian, and Western eateries are located both landside and airside, and many stay open 24 hours. Travellers rave about the entertainment here, like the in-airport gardens, golf course and driving range, year-round skating rink, free city tours, a movie theatre, and the interactive Korean Culture Experience. Other amenities include free WiFi, designated rest zones, a digital gym, and free showers. If all that’s not enough, economy class travellers can purchase entry to a number of airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
As a major international hub, you’ll find travellers sleeping in every corner at all hours. Comfortable seating is abundant, but grab a reclining chair or free massage chair when one opens up! Travellers recommend checking out the Rest & Relaxation lounges on the 3rd & 4th floors, which tend to stay quiet and dimly-lit at night. Because gates only open 40 minutes ahead of departure, there’s a lot of turnover, so lounges offer more privacy and fewer disruptions. Explore our guide to sleeping in Incheon Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there are two transit hotels (inside Security) plus a capsule hotel located pre-Security. Several nearby hotels offer free shuttle service for guests. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a day pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Matina Lounge (Main Terminal, West Wing) – Location: Main Terminal, West Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available.Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Matina Lounge (Main Terminal, East Wing) – Location: Main Terminal, East Wing, Airside, 4th Floor, follow signs to the Transit Hotel. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Seoul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
In Transit Incheon Airport Transit Hotel (Terminal 1) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 4th floor, across from Gate 43 (East Wing) and Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, across from Gate 11 (West Wing). This hotel is only for travelers transiting between international flights. Day rooms are available in 6 hour blocks (7:30AM to 6:00PM). » Check Rates
In Transit Incheon Airport Transit Hotel (Terminal 2) – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gates 252. This hotel is only for travelers transiting between international flights. Day rooms are available in 6 hour blocks (7:30AM to 6:00PM). » Check Rates
At Airport Darakhyu Capsule Hotel Incheon Airport – Located; Landside (public zone), 1st floor of Transportation Center, near the entrance to the airport train • Nearby the bus ticket counter in Terminal 2. There are 60 rooms available at each location. Rooms come equipped with a single or double bed, bluetooth speaker, WiFi and desk. Some rooms have showers. Minimum stay is 3 hours.
» Check Rates
Near Airport Hotel Hu Incheon Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle is available daily 5:30AM to 12:30AM, about every 10 to 15 minutes. Pick-up/drop-off at International Terminal 3rd floor (Exit 3 or 12). Day rooms available from 9:00AM to 4:00PM for 7-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 70,000, and include tax, service charge, free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and free use of business center. » Check Rates
Near Airport Grand Hyatt Incheon – (3 minutes from the airport) Located beside the airport terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle is available daily from 5:00AM to 11:00PM, running about every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 3C or 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). » Check Rates
Near Airport Best Western Premier Incheon Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) 700m from the terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle is available daily from 6:00AM to 11:00PM (every 30-60 mins depending on time of day). Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). Day rooms available from 11:00AM to 5:00PM for 6-hour blocks. Rates start at KRW 45,000 plus tax and service charge, and include free WIFI, free airport shuttle service, and discounts at the hotel restaurant. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Seoul Incheon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Seoul Incheon Airport.
If you are travelling without a mobile device you can visit one of the many free Internet Stations. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, West Side • Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, East Side • Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 268 • Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 231.
- Cell Phone Rentals – There are plenty of options to choose from in both Terminals. The following locations are open 24 hours:
- Terminal 1: SK Telecom (Landside, 1F, near Exit 6) • LG U+ Roaming (Landside, 1F, near Exit 5) • Korea Telecom Roaming (Landside, 1F, near Exit 10) • LG U+ Roaming (Landside, 1F, between Gates 3-4) • Korea Telecom Roaming (Landside,1F, West Side of Exit 3).
- Terminal 2: SK Telecom Roaming (Landside, 1F, near Exit 4).
- Post Office – Location: landside, 2F, center Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Diaper-changing tables, washbasins, bottle sanitizers, nursing equipment and more are available in the Babycare Lounges, free to use, for pregnant women, babies under 3 and their mothers. Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge. Inquire at any information desk. Korean Air also offers free stroller rentals to their departing passengers. Go to the Korean Air Family Care Service Office next to Gate 2 on the 3rd floor.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Locations:
- Terminal 1: Airside, 4th Floor, West Side • 4th Floor, East Side • 3rd Floor, near Gates 10, 15, 40, 45, 112 and 113.
- Terminal 2: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gates 231 (offers a Cafe as well), 242, 246, 254, 257 and 268 (offers a Cafe as well).
- Fitness – Check out the airport’s digital gym if you have time for a virtual workout. Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 231.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Terminal 1, Landside: Bibigo + Seasonal Table (1F, near Gate 8) • Bon Juk (F Counter, near Exit 12) • Gongcha (1F, near Exit 5) • KFC (1st Floor, near central Millenium Hall) • Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (1st Floor, near Exit 9) • Lotteria (3F, near near Check-in Counter D) • Tous les Jours (3F, near area B Check-in) • Cheiljemyunso (1F, near Gate 7).
- Terminal 1, Airside: Auntie Anne’s Pretzel (Airside, Gate 41) • Bistrobar Lagrilla (Airside, Gate 115) • Bizeun (Airside, near Gate 46) • Burger King (Airside, 3F, near Gate 31) • Dunkin Donuts (Airside, near Gate 9 • near 127) • Lotteria (Airside, 3F, near Gate 10 • Airside, 3F, near Gate 119 ) • Sanuki Bore (Airside, near Gate 46) • Starbucks (Airside, near Gate 28) • [email protected] (Airside, near Gate 118).
- Terminal 2, Landside: Byeolmi Snack (Landside, Traffic Center) • Dunkin Donuts (1BF of Transportation Center) • Lotteria (Landside, across from Check-in Counter E • Landside, Center of Public Area) • Starbucks ( Landside, across from Check-in Counter G).
- Terminal 2, Airside: Angel-in-us-Coffee (Airside, Gate 231) • [email protected] (Airside, Gate 253) • Lina’s (Airside, near Gate 268) • Starbucks (Airside, near Gate 248) • strEAT (Airside, near Gate 264)
- Information Desk – Terminal 1 offers 8 Information Desks and in Terminal 2 there is 6 desks. Hours vary but both Terminals have some locations which are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – There are the storage centers in the public area of the Main Passenger Terminal . Rate: approx. $5 – $9 per day. Hours: open 24 hours. Locations:
- Public Area: Korean Express Parcel Service (Level 3F, near Check-in M) • Hanjin Express (Level 3F, near Check-in A).
- Luggage Wrapping – Information not available.
- Medical Services – Medical and dental services are offered in the Inha University Hospital airport clinic. Location: landside, B1F, East Side Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Both terminals offer pharmacies with varying hours of operation, with the earliest opening at 5:00AM and the latest closing at 10:00PM.
- Terminal 1: Lead Pharmacy (Landside, 3F, Check-in Area G) • Medipharm Pharmacy (Landside, 1BF, East Side) • W Store Star Pharmacy World Top Pharmacy (Landside, near Counter 7) • (Airside, 3F, near Gate 28).
- Terminal 2: Balance Pharmacy (Landside, 1B) • Sky Pharm Pharmacy (Landside, 3rd Floor, Check-in Area) • Prime Pharmacy (Airside, 3F).
- Mobile Charging – Charging points can be found near seating. A reader tells us that most seating has a nearby tower with 4-6 sockets. There are also separate mobile charging stations with cables included, but no seating.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: There are plenty of ATMs available in Terminal 2. At the time of this update, Terminal 1 does not appear to offer standalone ATMs but perhaps machines are available at many of the banks and exchange services counters.
- Banking Services – Full-service banking, including foreign currency exchange, is available at the airport. Locations: Woori Bank (Terminal 1, Landside, B1F, East Side) • KEB Currency Exchange (Terminal 1, Landside, B1F, West Side) • Shinhan Bank (Transportation Center) • KEB Hana Bank (Terminal 2, Center of Public Area, Area 1BF) Hours for all banks: 9:00AM – 4:00PM.
- Currency Exchange – The airport offers plenty of currency exchange counters/offices. These locations operate 24 hours:
- Terminal 1: Woori Bank Exchange (Landside, 1F, near Exit 4) • KEB Currency Exchange Services (Airside, 3F, Gate 29 • Airside, 1F, near Gate B).
- Terminal 2: KEB Currency Exchange (Landside, 1F, near Exit 5) • Shinhan Bank (Landside, 3F, across from Check-in Counter H • Landside, 3F, across from Check-in Counter A) • Woori Bank (Airside, 3F, near Gate 252).
- Prayer Room – Locations: Terminal 1 (Landside, 4F West Side • Airside, 3F, near Gate 24 • Airside, 4F, Center) • Terminal 2 (Landside, B1F, East Side).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – The airport offers both Relax Zones (with comfy recliner chairs) and Nap Zones (with padded lounger/beds). Hours: 24 hours. Rates: free to use. Locations (both Relax and Nap Zones are available):
- Terminal 1: Airside, 4th Floor, West Side • Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, East Side • Terminal 1, 4th Floor (exact locations not known)
- Terminal 2: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 268 • Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 231.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shops are readily available, a few of which operate 24 hours. The airport also offers shops for everything you could need, from a bag of chips to luxury clothing. The following convenience shops are open 24 hours: Terminal 1: CU CVS (Transportation Center • Landside, 3F, near Check-in Counter G). Terminal 2: GS 25 (Landside, 1st Floor, West Side • Landside, 2nd Floor, East Side) • 7-Eleven (Landside, 3rd Floor, Central Area • Landside, 1st Floor, East Side • Airside, 4th Floor, Gate 249).
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Individual shower rooms are available to use, free of charge. Shower kits are available for a small fee. Locations:
- Terminal 1: Airside, 4th Floor, West side (Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM) • Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, East side (Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM) • Terminal 1, 4th Floor, Center (Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM) • Terminal 2, Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 268 (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM)
- Terminal 2: Airside, 4th Floor, near Gate 231 (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM).
- Showers can also be found inside many of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa and Salon Services – Enjoy spa services and massages while waiting for your flight. Locations: Prana Spa (Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 235. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:30PM • Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 268. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:30PM) • Skin Care/Massage (Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, East Side. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:30PM • Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor, West Side. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:30PM).
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in dedicated smoking zones which are available in both Terminals.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Art including media, sculptural, light shows, etc. and scheduled live music exhibitions are on display throughout the airport.
- Casino – Wanna blow some money quickly? Then head over to the the Paradise Golden Gate Casino at the Hyatt Regency, located 3 minutes away.
- Gardens – There are 7 gardens located inside the terminal: Pine Tree Garden (Millennium Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flowering Tree Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Rock Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Flower Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Cactus Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Water Garden (Welcoming Hall, 1F, Passenger Terminal) • Four Gracious Plants Garden (East Wing & West Wing, B1, Passenger Terminal) An outdoor garden called the Wildflower Garden, features native wildflowers grown on artificial ground. Location: Transportation Center, 1F, east and west sides. Easily accessible from the airport train station and parking lot.
- Golf Course – The Sky72 Golf Club is a 330-yard driving range, 18-hole putting course. Location: International Business Area. Hours: 5:30AM – 11:00PM.
- IT Experience Center – Get your hands on some cutting edge electronics at the IT Experience Center. Location: Level 3F, Duty free Area, Near Gate 14, Airside. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Korean Cultural Experiences – The airport offers at least 15 examples of Korean cultural experiences including Museums, a Remains Exhibit, a Traditional Cultural Center and more. Of particular interest may be the Rest and Relaxation of Korea area which offers traditional handicrafts, folding screens and other Korean artworks all in an area that is intended to allow you to appreciate the art in a typical Korean relaxation space.
- Movie Theatre – Enjoy a feature film at the CGV Movie Theatre! Location: Transportation Center Hours: 9:00AM – 11:00PM.
- Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: Terminal 1, 3rd Floor, ( Hours: 10:30AM – 4:00PM) and Terminal 2, Floor 5. (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM). The Terminal 2 location offers public relations zones, viewing experience zones, briefing zones, and a lounge.
- Skating Rink – An all-season ice rink is located in the Transporation Center, landside. Rate: Free (Skate rental fee: Adult-4,000won • Teenagers-3,000won • Children-2,000won). Hours: 10:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Sky Garden – Located in the southeast quadrant on airport property, this recreational area features walking and cycling paths, eco-tunnel, courtyard, observation deck, a flower garden and more.
- Transit Tours – If you are in transit, you can take advantage of the airport’s transit tours ranging from 1-8 hours. A few tour possibilities include Yongungsa Temple,Wolmi Park, Fish Market, Sinpo Market, and Dora Observatory. Rate: $10-$100.
Other Airport Services & Facilities
- Laundry Service – Clean-Up Air laundry service Location: landside, B1F, West Side Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Seoul Incheon airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroméxico • Aeroflot • Aerolíneas Argentinas • Air Astana • Air Asia • Air Canada • Air China • Air Europa • Air France • Air India • Air Japan • Air Macau • Air New Zealand • Air Seoul • Air Seychelles • Air Tahiti Nui • Alitalia • ANA • American Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Aurora • Austrian Airlines • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • Cebu Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern • China Southern • Copa • Czech Airlines • Delta • Eastar Jet • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • EVA Air • Finnair • Fly NAS • Garuda Indonesia • Hawaiian Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • Hong Kong Express • Japan Airlines • JC International Airlines • Jeju Air • Jet Airways • Jetstar • Jin Air • Kalitta Air • Kenya Airways • KLM • Korean Air • Lao Airlines • LATAM • LOT • Lufthansa • Malaysia Airlines • Mandarin Airlines • Miat Mongolian Airlines • Myanmar Airways • Oman Air • PAL Express • Peach Aviation • Philippines Airlines • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Royal Air Maroc • S7 Airlines • Shandong Airlines • Shanghai Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Singapore Airlines • South African Airways • Spring Airlines • Thai Airways International • Tianjin Airlines • Tigerair • Turkish Airlines • UNI Air • United Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways • VietJet • Vietnam Airlines • Virgin Australia • Xiamen Airlines.
p>The airport is well connected to the bus system including dedicated night time bus routes. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Seoul Incheon Airport website. Detailed bus information is also available at any Airport Information Desk.
Renters must have an International Driver’s License issued in the same country as their regular driver’s license, and some agencies require both. Major car rental agencies Lotte, AJ Rent-A-Car and Sixt can be found near the airport complex. Ask your service provider of choice for location and rental details.
The airport provides a free shuttle bus between the airport terminals and long term parking facilities. The buses depart approximately every 5 -15 minutes and operate from 4:50AM – 11:30PM.
It is recommended to use an official airport taxi which are readily available at the airport taxi stands. For sample fares, taxi vehicles options and more, visit the Seoul Incheon Airport website.
The Airport Railroad service connects the Airport (both terminals) with a variety of destinations including the Gimpo International Airport and the Seoul Central Train Station. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Airport Railroad website.
KTX (Korea Train Express) is a high-speed express train that travels in three different routes from Incheon Airport: Gyeongbu Line > Busan; Jeonra Line > Yeosu; and Gyongjun Line > Daejeon or Jinju
For fares and detailed information, visit the Korail website.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.