Singapore Changi Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Singapore Changi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We travel with three kids and it was amazing - endless entertainment for them, with feeding the kois, butterfly room, play areas, free internet. - ahendo
I arrived at T1 at about 1:30 a.m. & took a quick look around but since I was taking the train to the city I opted for T2. I walked from one end to the other, upstairs & downstairs & was disappointed at my options. The seats are all hard plastic, about 5 or 6 together but there's a huge gap between each seat so you can't lie across them!
I finally decided my best option was at a restaurant upstairs where they had nice cushioned seats. I dragged 3 together and had a pretty decent night considering the constant noise of other travellers, cleaners, etc. and the lights being on. I did feel safe (single petite female), though and no one bothered me (security, etc.) so I stayed until about 9 a.m. when the announcements started and the restaurant next to where I was opened up.
Hopefully next time I won't arrive so late and will have a better opportunity to suss out places to sleep.
P.S. Bring a blanket or something to cover you. It's not Arctic but there is A/C on.
Have you been to Singapore Changi Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Singapore Changi airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Skyview Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Mezzannine Level, near Gates D30 and D40. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£25) • Priority Pass.
- The Green Market - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Transit Mall South, Level 3. Hours: 6:00AM - 1:00AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£25) • Priority Pass.
- Ambassador Transit Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Departure Transit Lounge, Mezzannine Level (Level 3). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£20) • Priority Pass.
- Ambassador Transit Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, North Transit Mall, Mezzanine (Level 3). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£20) • Priority Pass.
- Rainforest Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Transit Mall West, Level 3, near gate C1. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door
- The Haven by JetQuay - Location: Terminal 3, Landside, Arrivals. Showers and Nap rooms are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (from S$20) • Book Online (£22) • Priority Pass.
- Airport Wellness Oasis - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near Gate D41. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£28) • Priority Pass.
Additionally there are Rest Areas located in the terminals that are available to all travellers for free. The rest areas have specially designed "snooze chairs", which are leather chairs with head and leg rests. These can be found:
- Terminal 1 - Central Window Isles, Transit Mall West, Level 2
- Terminal 1 - Central Window Isles, Transit Mall East, Level 2
- Terminal 2 - Sanctuary - opposite Gate E5, Transit Mall North, Level 2
- Terminal 2 - Oasis Lounge - beside Gate E11, Transit Mall North, Level 2
- Terminal 3 - near Hard Rock Cafe, Transit Mall North, Level 2
- Terminal 3 - near Global Tax Refund, Transit Mall South, Level 2
If sleeping in the Singapore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels located inside and near the airport....
- Ambassador Transit Hotel - Terminal 1 - Transit Mall East, Level 3.
- Ambassador Transit Hotel - Terminal 2 - Transit Mall South, Level 3.
- Ambassador Transit Hotel - Terminal 3 - Transit Mall North, Mezzanine, Level 3.
The hotel offers day rooms in 3 hour blocks. TO ACCESS THE TRANSIT HOTELS, DO NOT PASS THROUGH CUSTOMS.
- Crowne Plaza - Linked to Terminal 3 via covered walkways. Access from Terminals 1 and 2 via Changi Airport's automated People Mover System and from Terminal 3 via the link bridge. Day use rooms are available 11am-7pm.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Changi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Free WiFi is available at the Singapore Changi airport. To access the Free WiFi (up to 1Mbps) connect to the "Wireless@SG" network.
- A faster WiFi connection (up to 2Mbps) is available through Starhub Premium WiFi Services. Connect to the "Starhub" network and dial *9434 (*WIFI) to get your password.
- There are more than 500 internet stations available throughout the airport
|ATMs||There are ATMs located airside and landside in all terminals. Open 24 hours.|
|Baggage Storage & Lockers||
Hours: 24 hours. Rates: from $ 1.07 - 8.56 (first 24 hours) | $2.14 - 10.70 (subsequent 24 hours)
|City Tour of Singapore||
If you are in transit and have 5 hours before your connecting flight, book a free 2-hour city tour of Singapore. Check to see if you will require a Visa to leave the transit area. There are two tours: Heritage and City Lights. The Heritage Tour you will see the the Singapore Flyer, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Sands, the Esplanade, Colonial District, Chinatown, Little India, the Central Business District, and stop at Merlion Park for 15 minutes. Tour Departures: 9:00am, 11:30am, 2:30pm, 4:00pm. The City Lights Tour takes visitors on a night sightseeing tour of Singapore. You will see the Raffles Hotel, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Bugis Village and stop at Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade for 15 minutes. Tours depart: 6:30pm.. The Free Singapore Tour booths are located at:
Additionally, there are tour desks located in the Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 Arrivals Halls where you can book more city sightseeing options with cost.
|Currency Exchange||There are 24 hour foreign exchange counters located airside and landside in Terminals 1, 2, 3.|
|Customer Service / Information Desks||Available airside and landside in all terminals|
|Family Services||Parents travelling with young children will find 24 Baby Care Rooms spread out through the three terminals, which the majority located in Terminal 3. The rooms are equipped with hot water and privacy to attend yto your baby.|
|Food / Dining||
The following convenience stores and food concessions are open 24 hours per day:
|Entertainment & Things To Do||
Aviation Gallery - A multi-sensory zone with hands-on interactive displays that will be interesting for young and old. One of the displays consists of 600 miniature aircraft hanging from the ceiling to give visitors an idea of the number of flights that Changi handles every day. From the viewing gallery you can see aircraft on the tarmac. Location: Terminal 3, landside. Rate: Free.
Asian Icon Interactive Art Station - Explore, touch and smell mystery objects and have your photo taken with a larger than life Asian culture porcelain. Location: Terminal 2, Departure Transit Lounge, Level 2, next to the Skytrain.
Children's Play Areas - There are four play areas for children ages 1-12. Locations: Terminal 1, Departure Transit Lounge West, Level 3 • Terminal 2 (temporarily closed, as of Sept 2014) • Terminal 3, Departure Transit Lounge Central, Level 2, beside SATS Special Service Lounge • Terminal 3, Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 2, outside holdroom A16-A20.
The Entertainment Deck offers people in transit the opportunity to: spin songs and create mixes at the Jam Studio, play free video games at the XBox Kinect and XBox360/Playstation rooms, listen to relaxing music while sitting in a comfortable seat with built in speakers, watch music videos at the MTV Booth, watch great movies in the Movie Theatre. All for free! Location: Terminal 2, Departure Transit Lounge, Level 3, beside the Sunflower Garden.
3D Experience Zone - Check out the latest 3D content and games. There are large format display screens, 3D TV, free Internet surfing kiosks, 3D gaming stations, custom built-in speaker seats, and more.
Zonex - Arcade games for children of all ages. Location: Terminal 3, Landside. Hours: 10am - 11pm.
The Slide at T3 - The world's tallest slide is located at Changi airport. Location: Terminal 3, Arrival Hall (Level 1), Public Area. Hours: 12pm - 1030pm
Social Tree - In 2013, Changi introduced the "Social Tree", a new interactive attraction that gives travellers the opportunity to share their photo and video memories instantly and then retrieve them on future visits to the airport.
Wood Block Rubbing Station - Woodblock rubbing was a popular Singapore artform in the 50s and 60s. Make your own print. Locations: Terminal 3, Basement and Transit Area.
|Rest Areas||If you are just passing through the airport for a few hours and don't need to get a room at the transit hotel for quick nap there are 6 rest and relaxation areas that offer offer special snooze chairs. I've added the locations to the airport lounge section above.|
Travellers staying at the Ambassador Hotel (see hotel section above) have free access to the pool. Non-guests can use the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and shower facilities for a fee of S$14. Located at Terminal 1, near the Transit Hotel (Transit Mall East, Level 3). Hours of operation: 0700-2300 Daily.
photo by Changi Airport Group
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting There
- Taxi - S$18-38 to the city, departs from Arrivals levels.
- Public Bus - bus service # 36 goes to the city. Departs from under terminals 1, 2, and 3. Hours of operation: 0600-2359. Fare: S$2.00
- Train - the Changi Airport MRT Station is located under terminals 2 and 3. Hours of operation: 0530-2318. Fare: S$2.70
- Airport Shuttles, Limos and Large Taxis are also available. Visit the Ground Transport Desk.
Airport Transportation: Getting Around
The 3 terminals at Singapore Changi Airport are inter-linked by Skytrains. The Skytrains operate both at the transit and public areas. Hours of operation: every 1-4 minutes between the hours 0500-0230. Fare: free
Singapore Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Singapore hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 12 September 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.