Singapore Changi Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Singapore Changi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We travel with three kids and it was amazing - endless entertainment for them, with feeding the kois, butterfly room, play areas, free internet. - ahendo
This airport does deserve the golden pillow award (as well as all the other official acclaimed awards it has earned over the years).If you are a budget or relaxed air traveler then this place is for you.
When I transit at SIN I try to change my flights to have more time to endulge in this place. Basically - good space, great service, much to do, to relax, sleep, shop and entertain.
The older T1 and T2 are well maintained, spacious and full of things to do. A shopping mall, many eatery outlets, Bars and gaming points. First and Business Class lounges are located on the second floor and are outstanding (specially those for Singapore airlines) but honestly you just want to walk around and have fun. There is Free WiFi, free computer/internet stands, free recliners with large flat screen TV's in the middle of the terminal around the mall. In terminal hotel to rest showers and a gym (for a fee).
The spaces are vast and if you go to the end of T2 and T1 concourse there are a few gates which are used less and are very quiet, secluded, extremely clean and they also provid FREE recliners with message! all they ask is that if the area was busy then to kindly limit your relaxation for 15 minutes as courtesy for the other travelers (I slept in these for 90 minutes straight as it was empty). I have seen a few people here sleep and snooze away with no interruptions on the chairs and grounds.
The connection area between T1 and T3 is VERY spacious, clean and quite a great place to relax or just walk around (there are free automated trams between the 3 airports). T3 is their newest terminal and is just as great as T1 and T2 with more new contemporary decor! A great place!
If you are a person who loves to visit airports, relax, unwind, spot planes and enjoy this part of your trip than do what you can to transit/layover at Changi International Airport!
Have you been to Singapore Changi Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Changi airport has the following pay-per-use lounges:
- Skyview Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Mezzannine Level, near Gates D30 and D40. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: £25.00 per person for 3 hours or £25.00 for 5 hours (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- The Green Market - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Transit Mall South, Level 3. Hours: 6am - 1am. Lounge Access: £25.00 per person for 3 hours or £35.00 for 6 hours (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Ambassador Transit Lounge - Lounge: Terminal 2, Airside, Departure Transit Lounge, Mezzannine Level (Level 3). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: £20.00 per person for 3 hours or £25.00 per person for 5 hours (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Ambassador Transit Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, North Transit Mall, Mezzanine (Level 3). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: £20.00 per person for 3 hours or £25.00 per person for 5 hours (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Rainforest Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Transit Mall West, Level 3, near gate C1. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: $30 for the first 3 hours
- The Haven by JetQuay - Location: Terminal 3, Landside, Arrivals. Showers and Nap rooms are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: S$30 (2 hours) • S$45 (5 hours) • S$60 (8 hours). A shower only package is S$10, while the nap rooms are S$50 (3 hours)
Additionally there are Rest Areas located in the terminals that are available to all travellers for free. The rest areas have specially designed "snooze chairs", which are leather chairs with head and leg rests. These can be found:
- Terminal 1 - Central Window Isles, Transit Mall West, Level 2
- Terminal 1 - Central Window Isles, Transit Mall East, Level 2
- Terminal 2 - Sanctuary - opposite Gate E5, Transit Mall North, Level 2
- Terminal 2 - Oasis Lounge - beside Gate E11, Transit Mall North, Level 2
- Terminal 3 - near Hard Rock Cafe, Transit Mall North, Level 2
- Terminal 3 - near Global Tax Refund, Transit Mall South, Level 2
- Free WiFi is available at the Singapore Changi airport. To access the Free WiFi (up to 1Mbps) connect to the "Wireless@SG" network.
- A faster WiFi connection (up to 2Mbps) is available through Starhub Premium WiFi Services. Connect to the "Starhub" network and dial *9434 (*WIFI) to get your password.
- There are more than 500 internet stations available throughout the airport
If sleeping in the Singapore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels located inside and near the airport....
- Ambassador Transit Hotel -Terminal 1 - Transit Mall East, Level 3.
- Ambassador Transit Hotel - Terminal 2 - Transit Mall South, Level 3.
- Ambassador Transit Hotel - Terminal 3 - Transit Mall North, Mezzanine, Level 3.
The hotel offers day rooms in 3 hour blocks. TO ACCESS THE TRANSIT HOTELS, DO NOT PASS THROUGH CUSTOMS.
- Crowne Plaza - Linked to Terminal 3 via covered walkways. Access from Terminals 1 and 2 via Changi Airport's automated People Mover System and from Terminal 3 via the link bridge. Day use rooms are available 11am-7pm.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Changi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
There are ATMs located airside and landside in all terminals. Open 24 hours.
BAGGAGE storage / Lockers
Hours: 24 hours. Rates: from $ 1.07 - 8.56 (first 24 hours) | $2.14 - 10.70 (subsequent 24 hours)
Terminal 1 - Airside: Transit Lounge East (Level 2) and Transit Lounge West (Level 2). Landside: Arrival Hall Central (Level 1) and Departures Check-in Hall (Check-in row 8, Level 1)
Terminal 2 - Airside: Transit Lounge North (Level 2) and Transit Lounge South (Level 2). Landside: Arrival Hall Central (Level 1)
Terminal 3 - Airside: Transit Lounge North (Level 2), Transit Lounge South (Level 2) and Transit Lounge Central (Level 2). Landside: Departure Check-in Hall Central (Level 2) and Arrivals Hall Central (Level 1)
Budget Terminal - Changi Airport Information and Departure CSO Information Counter at Departure Check-in Hall. Landside: Arrivals CSO Information Counter
City Tour of Singapore
If you are in transit and have 5 hours before your connecting flight, book a free 2-hour city tour of Singapore. Check to see if you will require a Visa to leave the transit area. Tours depart: 0900a, 1100a,1300p, 1500p, 1600p. The Free Singapore Tour booths are located at:
>>Terminal 2 - near the escalators, North Arrival Immigration and skytrain station at Transit Mall North, Level 2, Hours: 0700-1500.
>>Terminal 3 - next to Transfer Lounge B, Travel Mall North, Level 2
There are 24 hour foreign exchange counters located airside and landside in Terminals 1, 2, 3 and the Budget Terminal.
Customer Service / Information Desks
Available airside and landside in all terminals
FOOD / dINING
Ther following convenience stores and food concessions are open 24 hours per day:
Terminal 1: 7-Eleven (Departure Transit Lounge West, Level 2) • Cheers (Carpark Link Tunnel, Public Area)
Terminal 2: 7-Eleven (Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 3) • Cheers (Departure Check-in Hall, Public Area)
Terminal 3: Cheers (Arrival Hall, Level 1, Public Area) • Cheers (Departure Transit Lounge North, Level 3)
Budget Terminal: 7-Eleven (Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 3)
- Asian Icon Interactive Art Station - Explore, touch and smell mystery objects and have your photo taken with a larger than life Asian culture porcelain. Location: Terminal 2, Departure Transit Lounge, Level 2, next to the Skytrain.
- Canopy Playground - The Canopy playground is the first forest-themed indoor playground in the airport. Ages: 18 months to 12 years. Location: Terminal 1, Viewing Mall, Level 3. Hours: 10am - 1030pm. Rate: $6 for every 30 minutes.
- The Entertainment Deck offers people in transit the opportunity to: spin songs and create mixes at the Jam Studio, play free video games at the XBox Kinect and XBox360/Playstation rooms, listen to relaxing music while sitting in a comfortable seat with built in speakers, watch music videos at the MTV Booth, watch great movies in the Movie Theatre. All for free!
- 3D Experience Zone - Check out the latest 3D content and games. There are large format display screens, 3D TV, free Internet surfing kiosks, 3D gaming stations, custom built-in speaker seats, and more.
- Zonex - Arcade games for children of all ages.
- The Slide at T3 - The world's tallest slide is located at Changi airport. Location: Terminal 3, Arrival Hall (Level 1), Public Area. Hours: 12pm - 1030pm
- Movie Theatre
Catch a movie in between flights. All movies are free. The theatres in terminals 2 and 3 are said to be the best places to relax. Open 24 hours.
>> Terminal 1 - next to food gallery, Transit Mall East, Level 3
>>Terminal 2 - near the Sunflower Garden, Transit Mall South, Level 3
>> Terminal 3 - near the Ambassador Transit Lounge, Transit Mall North, Level 3
- Live Music
Live acoutic performances are held at the O'Leary Sportsbar & Grill (Terminal 2, Departure Transit Lounge - Central, Level 2, Hours: 7.00pm to 10.00pm) and Singapore Straits Bar (Terminal 3, Departure Transit Lounge (North), Level 2,
Hours: 6.00pm to 9.00pm
- Social Tree - In 2013, Changi introduced the "Social Tree", a new interactive attraction that gives travellers the opportunity to share their photo and video memories instantly and then retrieve them on future visits to the airport.
- Wood Block Rubbing Station - Woodblock rubbing was a popular Singapore artform in the 50s and 60s. Make your own print. Locations: Terminal 3, Basement and Transit Area.
Terminal 1 - Cactus Garden - rooftop garden has over 40 species of cacti. (Transit Mall, Level 3)
Terminal 2 - Bamboo Garden / Strip (Transit Mall, Level 2)
Terminal 2 - Fern Garden & Koi Pond (Transit Mall, Level 2)
Terminal 2 - Orchid Garden & Koi Pond - this garden exhibits rare orchids and their hybrids. (Transit Mall, Level 2)
Terminal 2 - Sunflower & Light Garden - you will find over 500 bright yellow flowers on this rooftop garden. (Transit Mall, Level 3)
Terminal 2 - Enchanted Garden - an interactive garden that comes to life with light and sound. (Transit Mall, Level 2)
Terminal 3 - Butterfly Garden - gain insight into the life cycle of a butterfly in this popular garden. (Transit Mall, Level 2)
Terminal 1 - Airside (Below Gate Holdroom C1 at Arrival Hall West)
Terminal 2 - Airside (Departure Transit Lounge North, Level 2, near Gate E, behind Aldo)
Terminal 3 - Airside (Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 2, behind Mont Blanc)
Budget Terminal - Airside (Departure Transit Lounge, behind the money changer)
If you are just passing through the airport for a few hours and don't need to get a room at the transit hotel for quick nap there are 6 rest and relaxation areas that offer offer special snooze chairs. I've added the locations to the airport lounge section above.
Terminal 1 - Rainforest Lounge (Transit Mall West, Level 3)
Terminal 1 - Fish Spa & Reflexology (Gate 41, behind Starbucks)
Terminal 1 - Swimming Pool (Transit Mall East, Level 3)
Terminal 2 - Plaza Premium Lounge (Transit Mall South, Level 3)
Terminal 3 - Ambassador Transit Lounge (Transit Mall, Level 3)
photo by Changi Airport Group
Travellers staying at the Ambassador Hotel (see hotel section above) have free access to the pool. Non-guests can use the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and shower facilities for a fee of S$14. Located at Terminal 1, near the Transit Hotel (Transit Mall East, Level 3). Hours of operation: 0700-2300 Daily.
Terminal 1 - Airside: Departure Transit Lounge West (Level 3 - Cactus Garden and Level 2 - Outdoor Deck). Departure Transit Lounge East (Level 2 - near Gate D36 and Level 2 - near Gate C16)
Terminal 2 - Airside: Departure Transit Lounge North (2 locations on Level 2 - one next to Harry’s Bar opposite the Children’s Play Area and the other is behind the Sunglass Hut. On Level 3, the smoking area is located in the Sunflower Garden)
Terminal 3 - Airside: Departure Transit Lounge North (Level 2, next to Singapore Straits Bar), Departure Transit Lounge South (two locations on Level 2, one next to Tiger Signature Lounge and the other is in the Outdoor Garden Terrace), Departure Transit Lounge (Level 2, Outdoor Smoking Area, opposite gate B10 and Level 2, Outdoor Smoking Area, opposite gate B10. On Level 3, there is an Outdoor Smoking Area, next to Silver Kris Lounge)
Budget Terminal - Airside: Departure Lounge, Outdoor Smoking Terrace and Departure/Arrival Kerbside, Smoking Zones
open 24 hours
Airport Transportation: Getting There
- Taxi - S$18-38 to the city, departs from Arrivals levels.
- Public Bus - bus service # 36 goes to the city. Departs from under terminals 1, 2, and 3. Hours of operation: 0600-2359. Fare: S$2.00
- Train - the Changi Airport MRT Station is located under terminals 2 and 3. Hours of operation: 0530-2318. Fare: S$2.70
- Airport Shuttles, Limos and Large Taxis are also available. Visit the Ground Transport Desk.
Airport Transportation: Getting Around
The 3 terminals at Singapore Changi Airport are inter-linked by Skytrains. The Skytrains operate both at the transit and public areas. Hours of operation: every 1-4 minutes between the hours 0500-0230. Fare: free
- If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, submit a question on our Facebook Page.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Singapore Changi Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Singapore Travel Resources
- Singapore Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 09 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.