Taipei Taoyuan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Taipei Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the best place to lay-over is the Transit Lounge located in terminal 2
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Taipei Taoyuan Airport.
What to Expect
- The staff welcome overnight guests, and the layout is sleep-friendly with decent privacy and plenty of comfortable seating.
- The airport has two terminals, 1 and 2, connected by people movers.
- Restaurants close by midnight; there is a 24-hour 7-Eleven in Terminal 2’s Food court - B2.
- There are a few unique activities open during the day, including a library and indoor gardens.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A new lounge between Gates A and B in T1 has global electric outlets, showers, and plenty of quiet space to sleep (Traveller, June 2016).
- Find recliner chairs at various gates - confirmed at Gate B7 (Traveller, August 2015).
- Some travellers report that recently in 2016 some of the free, themed lounges have been replaced by pay-only lounges.
- The layout has a lot of corners and nooks so you can find some privacy.
- Quiet at night, with little open.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Free showers are available; see our Airport Guide for locations and hours.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to several airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Taipei Taoyuan Airport Guide. Send us your Taipei Taoyuan Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Taipei Taoyuan airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 4, Departure Hall, Zone C. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1300 TWD - 2 hours / 2000 TWD - 5 hours • 2400 TWD - 10 hours) • Book Online (£26.00 for 3 hours or £50 for up to 6 hours).
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 4, Departure Hall, Zone D. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1300 TWD - 2 hours / 2000 TWD - 5 hours • 2400 TWD - 10 hours) • Book Online (£27.00 for 3 hours or £50 for up to 6 hours).
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 4. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1300 TWD - 2 hours / 2000 TWD - 5 hours • 2400 TWD - 10 hours).
- The More International Business Center and Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, departures hall, 4th floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (NT 1,100).
- TransAsia VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 4. Hours: 5:30AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: to be advised.
Free WiFi is available at Taipei Taoyuan Airport.
- Terminal 1 - there are 3 areas airside with internet facilities.
- 1st floor, in the north end of the departures hall
- North Departure corridors
- South Departure corridors
- Terminal 2 - WiFi is available at 2F in Mila Coffee
If sleeping in Taipei Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle to/from Terminals 1 and 2 runs every 30 minutes from 6:00AM to 11:30PM.
- City Suites Gateway - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Taipei Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art Gallery - Location: Terminal 2
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bank of Taiwan, Mega International Commercial Bank and Chunghwa Post have ATM’s in the following locations at the airport: Terminal 1, Departure Hall (1F) • Terminal 1, Arrival Hall (1F) • Terminal 1, Departure Hall (3F) • Terminal 1, Arrival Immigration Hall (3F) • Terminal 1, B1 bank counters • Terminal 2, Arrival Hall (1F) • Terminal 2, Arrival Immigration Hall (2F) • Terminal 2, Departure Hall (3F) • Terminal 2, B2 bank counters.
- AV Center - there is a small theatre where they show licenced movies all day. Location: Terminal 1, 2F, Airside, Zones A & B
- Children's Play Area - Locations: Terminal 1 (Airside, central area of the 3rd floor Departure Hall) • Terminal 2 (Landside, on the north side of the 1st floor) • Terminal 2 (Airside, 3rd floor, boarding concourse D) • Terminal 2 (Airside, south side of the 3rd floor in boarding concourse C - this location is Hello Kitty themed). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Cloud-based Reading Services - Computers, wireless internet and comfortable seats are available to catch up with emails while you wait for your flights. Locations: Terminal 1, 2F, Airside, Zones A & B
- Cultural Activities - The Cultural Experience Area gives visitors the opportunity to experience traditional art and cultural during their time in the airport. Receive a free zodiac souvenir card and, learn calligraphy and draw on round Chinese traditional fans and paper umbrellas. Location: Terminal 2, Gate D3. Here are a few more cultural activities that are available: Taiwan Tea Tasting Area (Terminal 2, Departure Concourse) • Pili Puppet Legend Gallery (Terminal 2, Gate D7) • San Cai Tang - Taiwan Craft Shop (Terminal 2, Gate D6) •
- Currency Exchange - There are banks offering foreign exchange services (landside and airside).
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this guide update, the only 24-hour food or beverage outlet is the 7-Eleven located in Terminal 2, Food Court on B2.
- Information Desk - There are 2 informations counters, located in Terminal 2 - 3F and Terminal 1 - 1F. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Library - As part of the airport's themed lounges, the e-library is co-planned with the National Museum of Taiwan Literature. Here you will find books, tablet computers, e-books and mobile charging stations. Access: free.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There are two left luggage offices: Terminal 1 (on 1F, in the Customs Inspection lounge, Arrivals) • Terminal 2 (on 1F, in the Customs Inspection lounge, Arrivals). Rates: start at NT$200
- Massages - Locations: Terminal 1, 2F, Zones A & B
- Medical Services - Need medical attention? Head to 1 of 3 clinics located at: Terminal 2, 1F • Terminal 2, 3F • Terminal 1, B1F.
- National Museum of History - Exhibitions and displays from the National Museum of History can be found at Terminal 1 ( on the South Departure Corridors) and Terminal 2 (3rd floor Departure Hall, north side • 3rd floor Departure Hall, south side). Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM.
- National Palace - Exhibitions and displays from the National Palace can be found at Terminal 1 (north Departure Corridors) and Terminal 2 (Airside, 3rd floor, in the Departure Corridor • Airside, 4th floor). Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Prayer Rooms - There are Christian, Buddhist and Islamic prayer rooms. Locations: Terminal 1 (Airside, Boarding Concourse) • Terminal 1 (Airside, Boarding Area) • Terminal 2 (Christianity - Airside, 3rd floor, north side of the boarding concourse and 3rd floor, south side of the boarding concourse) • Terminal 2 (Buddhism - Airside, 3rd floor, south side of the boarding concourse) • Terminal 2 (Islam - Airside, 3rd floor, south side of the boarding concourse). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Rest Zones - you can find reclining lounge style chairs at various gates inside the terminal. At the Scenic Zone, they have padded reclining chairs. Location: Terminals 1 & 2, 3F, Airside.
- Showers - Location: Terminal 1 (Arrivals Hall North, 3rd Floor) • Terminal 2 (in the food court on 2F near Godiva** • Baggage Claim, next to the carousel 6). Hours: open 24 hours. Rate: Free. **Towels are available at the Salon Shop around the corner from the location in Terminal 2, on 2F. Fee is US$4.
- Smoking - There are four Smoking rooms located airside: Terminal 1 (3rd floor, south corridor • 3rd floor, north corridor) and Terminal 2 (3rd floor, central area • 3rd floor, central area). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Themed Waiting Lounges - There are themed lounges such as the cute Hello Kitty Wonderland lounge (C3, the "e-Library Lounge" is where you can read a book while you wait (C5), sample some local tea at the "Unforgettable Yummy" lounge (C6), write a postcard at the "Postal Waiting Lounge (C7). Access: free.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Several local bus lines access the airport, picking up passengers from bus zones at Terminal 1 (B1 Arrivals) or Terminal 2 (northeast arcade of 1st floor Arrivals). Bus tickets are sold at counters in the bus pick up zones.
The airport offers a shuttle bus service connecting it with Novotel Hotel and THSR Station, a train station on Taiwan’s high speed railway network. Buses run in 5 - 10 minute intervals during peak times, and total trip time is 25 minutes. Fares start at NT$15 and up. Tickets can be purchased at UBUS service counters in the Arrivals Lobbies of Terminals 1 and 2, and on the bus platform at THSR Station.
Ching Bing Auto Leasing offers both self-drive and chauffeur-driven vehicles for hire, and is located on the west side of Terminal 1 Arrivals Lobby on the 1st floor (6:00AM - 1:30AM). Hotai Auto Leasing, located on the west side of the 1st floor at Terminal 2 Arrivals Lobby, offers self-drive and chauffeur-driven vehicles for hire as well.
Some area hotels provide courtesy airport shuttle service for their guests. Ask your hotel about shuttle service details and availability. The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Gueylin Hotel • Luckynews Classic Hotel • Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport.
SkyTrain is a free automated train service that runs between the two terminals. Trains operate from 6:00AM - 12:00AM, departing in 2 - 4 minute intervals during peak hours (or 4 - 8 minutes off-peak). After hours, SkyTrain is available on-call by pressing the “Night Time Train” button at the platform.
The airport offers a free shuttle bus service between the two terminals. Buses operate from 5:00AM - 1:10AM in 10 - 30 minute intervals, depending on the volume of flight arrivals and departures throughout the day.
Taxis are readily available 24 hours a day at the west side of Terminals 1 and 2 Arrivals Lobby. All taxis servicing the airport are metered and undergo a strict evaluation by the Aviation Police Office before being permitted to serve the airport.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.