Tbilisi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tbilisi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
it was possible to sleep on artificial grass under the escalator. It was warm and comfortable. No one disturbed us. - strzkrzysiek
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options. All airport food concessions are open 24 hours!
- Several reviewers report that the restrooms are not clean, so have toilet paper and hand sanitizer handy, and hope for the best!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers suggest sleeping on the artificial grass areas underneath the escalators. If you have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket, you can also sleep on empty floor space.
- Have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out those bright airport lights and overhead announcements!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tbilisi Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Tbilisi airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Primeclass Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€50) • Book Online (US$ 42)
WiFi is available at Tbilisi Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Tbilisi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Eurolux Hotel - (7.5 miles from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel, $15.00 USD each way.
- Noah’s Ark B&B - (6.5 miles from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
- Hotel Sali - (9 miles from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tbilisi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - 6 ATM’s are available both landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - Avis can be found in the Arrivals Hall.
- Currency Exchange - There are 11 foreign exchange offices located in the airport (airside and landside).
- Food & Drinks -
There are four 24-hour food and beverage options available at this airport.
- Landside: T&G Cafe (International Arrivals) • Cappadocia (International Arrivals)
- Airside: Beer Port • Burger King
- Information Desk - Location: in the center of the terminal. Hours: open 24 hours
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours. Daily Rates: 10 GEL (standard bag) • 20 GEL (large bag).
- Medical Services - Yes, located in the middle of the Arrivals & Departures Hall. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Shopping - Duty Free (3 locations) is available at the airport. Hours: according to flight schedule.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.