Yangon Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Yangon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It was impossible to sleep in this ariport as they closed it.
- Mr. James
photo credit: sky89 / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Yangon International Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with three terminals: International flights use T1 and T2, while the domestic flights are handled at a third terminal, soon to be replaced by a newly-built T3.
- Restaurants close at night, so have some food and beverage handy for late night snacking!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Lots of mosquitoes inside and outside of the terminals, so wear mosquito repellent!
- Fast and efficient airport procedures. E-visas purchased online before arrival will make your entry into the country much smoother!
- Good exchange rates at the airport.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleep spot was mentioned, reviewers describe their overnight stay as safe. Comfort is another matter, as the airport seating is armrest-free, but hard and uncomfortable. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort on the seats or on the floor!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Yangon Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Sky Smile Executive Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gates 3 and 4. Hours 5:30AM - 12:00AM.
- Royal Jade Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 1st Floor, 2 locations located at opposite ends of the floor. Lounge Access: Thai Airways Business Class ticket.
WiFi is available at Yangon Aiport in the Sky Smile Executive Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Yangon Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Myanmar Life Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel. Note, once your pick-up is confirmed they will not wait longer than half an hour for you.
- Hotel Yangon - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel, $25.00 USD each way.
- High Five Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel with at least 24 hours notice. Cost is US$7.00. Hotel to airport transfers are provided for free.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Yangon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are machines available on all levels in both terminals.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities are available in restrooms throughout the airport.
- Baggage Carts - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange services are available. Locations: T2, 1st and 2nd Floor • T1, Ground Floor.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available in several locations as well as a good variety of shops to pass the time.
- Food & Drinks - There are options available throughout the airport both landside and airside. At the time of this update it is not known if any operate 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Information desks can be found on the ground floor in both terminals.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - A reader tells us "If you need to store your luggage you can do so at the information desk located in international arrivals Hall. For 2000kyets/1,5$ they will keep your bag for you." (January 2016).
- Luggage Wrapping - Locations: T1, Ground Floor at entrance • T2, Ground Floor, departure area.
- Prayer Room - Location: Terminal 1, 1st Floor.
- Smoking Lounge - Smoking is permitted in designated smoking lounges throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 30 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.