Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Yangon Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It was impossible to sleep in this ariport as they closed it.
– Mr. James
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Yangon International Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with three terminals: International flights use T1 and T2, while the domestic flights are handled at a third terminal, soon to be replaced by a newly-built T3.
- Restaurants close at night, so have some food and beverage handy for late night snacking!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Lots of mosquitoes inside and outside of the terminals, so wear mosquito repellent!
- Fast and efficient airport procedures. E-visas purchased online before arrival will make your entry into the country much smoother!
- Good exchange rates at the airport.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleep spot was mentioned, reviewers describe their overnight stay as safe. Comfort is another matter, as the airport seating is armrest-free, but hard and uncomfortable. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort on the seats or on the floor!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounge listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
Royal Jade Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 1st Floor, 2 locations located at opposite ends of the floor. Lounge Access: Thai Airways Business Class ticket.
If sleeping in Yangon Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Myanmar Life Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel. Note, once your pick-up is confirmed they will not wait longer than half an hour for you. » Check Rates
- Hotel Yangon – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel, $25.00 USD each way. » Check Rates
- High Five Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel with at least 24 hours notice. Cost is US$7.00. Hotel to airport transfers are provided for free. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Yangon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Yangon Aiport in the Sky Smile Executive Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: on all levels in both terminals.
Baby Care Facilities – Baby change facilities are available in restrooms throughout the airport.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available.
Currency Exchange – Currency exchange services are available. Locations: T2, 1st and 2nd Floor • T1, Ground Floor.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in several locations as well as a good variety of shops to pass the time.
Food & Drinks – There are options available throughout the airport both landside and airside. At the time of this update, we did not have any information regarding the availability of any 24 hour restaurants.
Information Desk – Information desks can be found on the ground floor in both terminals.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – A reader tells us “If you need to store your luggage you can do so at the information desk located in international arrivals Hall. For 2000kyets/1,5$ they will keep your bag for you.” (January 2016).
Luggage Wrapping – Locations: T1, Ground Floor at entrance • T2, Ground Floor, departure area.
Prayer Room – Location: Terminal 1, 1st Floor.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers can be found in the one of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking Lounge – Smoking is permitted in designated smoking lounges throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Yangon airport is served by the following airlines: Air China • Air India • Air KBZ • Air Mandalay • Air Asia • ANA • APEX Airlines • Asian Wings • Airways • Bangkok Airways • Biman Bangladesh Airlines • China Airlines • China Eastern • China Southern • Cathay Dragon • Emirates • Golden Myanmar Airlines • Jetstar Asia • Korean Airlines • Malaysia Airlines • Malindo Air • Mann Yadanarpon Airlines • Myanmar Airways International • Myanmar National Airline • Nok Air • Qatar Airways • Singapore Airlines • SilkAir • Thai Airways • Thai Smile Airways • Thai Lion Air • Vietjet • Vietnam Airlines • Yangon Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Europcar has a car rental offices onsite.
Flat-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.