Barranquilla Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Barranquilla Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This is a farely not modern airport. It still has old customs, check in and secuity machines. The waiting area is also uncomfortable. - arigont
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Barranquilla Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of June 2016, we do not have any reviews from travellers who have spent the night at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Barranquilla Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Barranquilla airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Avianca Sala VIP - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Gate 5. Hours: 9:00AM - 6:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 25)
- Avianca Sala VIP - Location: National Terminal, Landside, 2nd Floor, Gate 7. Hours: 5:20AM - 8:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 25)
Free WiFi is available at Barranquilla Airport.
If sleeping in Barranquilla Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Barranquilla city center, as there are no hotels in or near the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Hotel Genova Centro - (28 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. Hotel suggests taking a taxi from the taxi stand at the airport, approximately COP $25,000.
- Hotel Barranquilla Plaza - (30 min from the airport) Hotel will arrange airport shuttle upon request, $14.00 USD to the hotel and $12.00 USD to the airport.
- Hotel Majestic - (30 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Barranquilla Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - 4 cash machines are available. - Location: Landside, Second Floor.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Localiza • National • Premier. Location: First Floor.
- Currency Exchange - Banco Popular is open from 9:00AM - 3:00PM. Location: Landside, First Floor.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as other shops however no further details are known.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at this airport.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, First Floor.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
If you are traveling light, city buses offer an economical option for traveling between the airport and city center. For local bus schedules and fares, seek the assistance of an Information Desk staff member at the airport.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis • Hertz • National.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.