Bermuda Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bermuda Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I told them my situation but they said they couldn't let me stay inside for security reasons but they would let me go inside if I ever had to go to the bathroom. - laberintoon2 (2015)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at St. George’s Airport.
What to Expect
- St. George’s is a small airport with a single passenger terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The airport is technically open 24 hours, but guests are not permitted to stay overnight.
Where to Sleep
- Airport staff does not permit overnight guests and will dismiss you if you stay too long. One reviewer reported being told to leave and instead sleeping outside the airport on a flat bench nearby.
- If you are looking for a place to take a nap during the day, there are reports of comfy seating options.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- There is a lounge that economy class passengers can pay to access. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our St. George’s Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bermuda airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Graycliff Luxury Lounge - Location: US Departures Terminal, Airside, Gate C. Hours: 7:00AM - 30 minutes before last flight. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available at Bermuda Airport in the departures lounges. Internet kiosks are also available on both levels however rates are not known.
If sleeping in Bermuda Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- ClearView Suites & Villas - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle, hotel suggests taking one of many buses that go to airport for $3.00USD (note- no checked/large bags permitted) or a taxi for approximatelx $15.00USD each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bermuda Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art Exhibits – The Charles Lloyd Tucker Art Gallery is located in the US departures area, and displays rotating exhibits
- ATMs - One ATM is located outside the arrivals hall, near the taxi rank. A second is located on the upper level in the US Departure lounge.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange – Location: Landside, Ground Floor.
- Disabled Services – Any passengers with reduced mobility must alert the airport 48 hours in advance. Services include handicap toilets, elevators and designated parking spaces.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty free and other shops are located in the US, Canada and UK departures lounges, and in the arrivals hall. Products sold include news, jewelry, clothing, stationary, spa products, souvenirs and children’s toys/games.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. Landside, guests can access Café Boulevard. Airside in the US Departures lounge, there are two restaurants (Island Coffee & Bistro, La Trattoria & Sports Bar). In Canada/UK Departures, the only food is found inside the BA Executive Club Lounge.
- Family Services – A children’s play area is located in the US departures area. There are also some changing rooms.
- Information desk – Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: 12:00PM - 10:30PM.
- Mobile Charging – Plugs are built directly into some chairs in waiting lounges.
- Smoking Area – Located in the US departures area
The Airport remains open 24 hours, but travellers are not permitted to stay overnight. Make alternative arrangements.
Foreign Visitors to Bermuda are not allowed to rent cars.
Bus: Public buses service the airport directly every 15 minutes during peak times.
Taxis are available outside arrivals for all arriving flights. All taxis are metered. It is also possible to reserve a taxi in advance, if desired. These taxis wait to the right (walking out of the terminal) of the taxi rank.
Last Updated: 08 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.