Guayaquil Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guayaquil Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Guayaquil's new airport is a model of cleanliness and spacious modernity. However, spacious modernity means hard metal benches, shiny marble floors and sleek, but hard surfaces, everywhere. - the Dynamo
A pleasure to sleep in - particularly in you find the comfy couches. Brand new and clean I spent a night here before and after flights to the Galapagos. There was no hassle and plenty of seating available - including two comfortable couches outside of the restaurant. A little noisy on the first night with music being played quite loudly through airport speakers most of the night.
Have you been to Guayaquil Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Guayaquil airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Gate 8. Hours: during flight operations. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Priority Pass.
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: National Terminal, Airside. Hours: during flight operations. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Priority Pass.
- Aeropuertos VIP Club Lounge (Arrivals) - Location: International Terminal, Arrivals. Hours: during flight operations.
Additionally, there are airline lounges that require Elite Status/ First or Business class ticket for entry:
- Aerogal VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- Icaro VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Tame VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Guayaquil Airport. Connect to the ”Movistar WIFI” network.
If sleeping in Guayaquil Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Air Suites - (2 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available on request ($).
- Murali Hostal - (2 min from the airport) - Airport pick-up available ($).
- Holiday Inn Guayaquil - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hilton Colon Guayaquil - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every hour to the airport (seat reservation is required).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Guayaquil Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 9 ATMs located throughout the airport in the Arrivals and departures Halls and the International pre-boarding area.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Hertz • Localiza • Seretur • Enterprises • Thrifty. Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 7am 10pm.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - There are food and beverages concessions that are open 24 hours:
» Landside: American Deli •
»Airside: City Bistro • Cafe Astoria • Restaurante Arrecife • Cinnabon
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 7am - 10pm (Mon - Fri).
- Showers - Available in the International Terminal.
- Smokers Lounges - There are two locations: International Departures, Airside (Hours: 4am - 12am) and Domestic Departures, Airside (Hours: 4am - 12am)
The airport is open 24 hours
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Guayaquil Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Guayaquil Travel Resources
- Guayaquil Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.