About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guayaquil Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Guayaquil's new airport is a model of cleanliness and spacious modernity. However, spacious modernity means hard metal benches, shiny marble floors and sleek, but hard surfaces, everywhere. - the Dynamo
A pleasure to sleep in - particularly in you find the comfy couches. Brand new and clean I spent a night here before and after flights to the Galapagos. There was no hassle and plenty of seating available - including two comfortable couches outside of the restaurant. A little noisy on the first night with music being played quite loudly through airport speakers most of the night.
The last review for this airport was in 2012. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate 8. Showers are available. Hours: 4am - 2am
- Aeropuertos VIP Club Arrivals Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: National Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6am - 9pm
- Aerogal VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- Icaro VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Tame VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
Information not available
If sleeping in the Guayaquil Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Hotel Air Suites (0.5km) - airport shuttle available on request for additional fee.
- Sheraton Guayaquil (1.0km) - free airport shuttle
- Murali Hostal (1.2km) - airport pick-up available for additional fee
- Hilton Colon (2km) - Located 5 minutes from the airport. Free 24 hour airport shuttle available on request.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 9 ATMs located throughout the airport in the Arrivals and departures Halls and the International pre-boarding area.
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - Information not available
- Smokers Lounges - There are two locations: International Departures, Airside (Hours: 4am - 12am) and Domestic Departures, Airside (Hours: 4am - 12am)
Open 24 hours
Guayaquil Travel Resources
- Guayaquil Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
- Galapagos Holidays - I work at this Toronto based travel agency specializing in custom tours to Ecuador. :-) We sell jungle lodges, Galapagos cruises and can pretty much do anything for you in Ecuador.
Last Updated: 19 June 2012
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.