Guayaquil Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guayaquil Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Guayaquil's new airport is a model of cleanliness and spacious modernity. However, spacious modernity means hard metal benches, shiny marble floors and sleek, but hard surfaces, everywhere. - the Dynamo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Guayaquil Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport is a single terminal with a National and International Departures areas.
- Staff is welcoming to overnight travellers.
- This small, modern airport has great amenities, and many travellers felt very comfortable here.
- There are several 24-hour eateries in the International Terminal, both Landside and Airside.
- Free WiFI is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Landside in Arrivals has some couches outside of the restaurant.
- There are a lot of seats, some metal, but plenty don’t have armrests so you can stretch out.
- Many travellers report safe, clean facilities, and even a spot to borrow pillows.
- The terminal can get cold, so bring a blanket or extra layer.
- Very quiet, with few interruptions overnight.
- Little carpeting for floor sleepers.
For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport transportation. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can purchase entry to three airport lounges (one lounge has showers). Three additional lounges serve passengers with elite status or business and first class flights. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Guayaquil Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Guayaquil airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Gate 8. Showers are available. Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: National Terminal, Airside. 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 8:00AM - 6:00PM (Sat) • 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door
- Aeropuertos VIP Club Lounge (Arrivals) - Location: International Terminal, Arrivals. Hours: during flight operations.
Additionally, there are airline lounges that require Elite Status/ First or Business class ticket for entry:
- Aerogal VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- Icaro VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Tame VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Guayaquil Airport. Connect to the ”Movistar WIFI” network.
If sleeping in Guayaquil Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Air Suites - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests taking a taxi for approx. US$5.00 each way.
- Murali Hostal - (2 min from the airport) - Airport pick-up available ($).
- Holiday Inn Guayaquil - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available, book your spot by calling (593 4) 371-4610. A driver will be at the airport with a hotel banner with your name on it.
- Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hilton Colon Guayaquil - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every hour to the airport (seat reservation is required).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Guayaquil Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are ATMs located in the Domestic and International Departures Halls.
- Baggage Carts - Available free of charge except for when used in the International Terminal ($2) and in parking lot areas.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Available in the International Arrival Hall. Hours are not known however there is mass every Sunday at 5:30PM.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange (2 locations, one on each level of the Terminal. Hours: Open 24 hours) can exchange 16 currencies.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available and is opened 4:00AM - 12:00AM daily. In addition you will find souvenir shops and 2 locations of the Britt Shop which also sells snacks, the location in the International Pre-boarding Area is open 4:00AM - 2:00AM. Ecuadorian Sweets in the Arrival Hall is open 24 hours daily.
- Food & Drinks - There are food and beverages concessions that are open 24 hours:
- International Terminal (Airside): Yogurt Persa • Restaurante Arrecife • Cafe Astoria 1.
- International Terminal (Landside): Cinnabon • Cafe Astoria 2 • City Bistro.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Secure Wrap offers luggage wrapping in the Departures Hall, during flight check-ins.
- Massage - Fly Massage - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Mon - Fri).
- Showers - Showers are available in the Aeropuertos VIP Club in the International Terminal. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smokers Lounges - There are two locations: International Departures, Airside (Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM) and Domestic Departures, Airside (Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM)
The airport is open 24 hours
Car rental agencies, located in the Arrivals Hall on the ground floor, are open Monday through Friday from 7:00AM - 10:00PM (schedule varies per agency on weekends). The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, Localiza and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Air Suites Hotel • Courtyard Guayaquil • Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown • Hilton Colon Guayaquil • Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport • Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil • Sheraton Guayaquil Hotel.
Licensed taxis are readily available 24-hour a day outside of the Arrivals Halls of both Domestic and International Terminals. For safety reasons, the airport recommends that passengers only use the services of approved and licensed airport taxis.
Last Updated: 22 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.