Havana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Havana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the temp. dropped to below freezing in the terminal when outside was more than 90F. (the late shift workers shouldn't sleep at work was the reason the say). - altaira97209
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Havana Airport.
What to Expect
- A newly-renovated international airport with five terminals and a limited selection of shops and restaurants.
- Be prepared for this airport to “nickel and dime” you. According to reviewers, the airport’s shops and food concessions are very expensive, WiFi is available for a fee and even the toilets are pay-per-use! Bring your own food and beverages to cut down on cost.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Speaking of shops and restaurants, most of them are located in Terminal 3.
Where to Sleep
- Although none of our reviewers suggested a specific place to sleep, the airport overall was regarded as safe and fairly quiet at night, but VERY cold from the air-conditioning. Have a travel mattress or sleeping bag handy for added comfort, or at the very least have a travel blanket handy to keep warm. A sleep mask may help block out the airport’s bright lights to help you sleep a little better.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Havana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Havana airport either by purchasing a day pass:
- VIP Service Lounge - Location: Airside, Terminal 2. Lounge Access: US$ 29 (Arriving Passengers) or US$ 34 (Departing Passengers)
- VIP Service Lounge - Location: Airside, Terminal 3. Lounge Access: US$ 29 (Arriving Passengers) or US$ 34 (Departing Passengers)
WiFi is available at Havana Airport for a fee. Connect to the “WIFI_ETECSA_AEROPUERTO”. Price: 4.5 CUC/hour.
If sleeping in Havana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- El Lirio Guesthouse - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hostal Dona Amalia - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hotel Nacional de Cuba - (19 min from the airport) An iconic, historic hotel in downtown Havana. No airport shuttle.
- NH Capri La Habana - (24 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Four Points by Sheraton Havana - (24 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Havana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (available 24 hours)
- Car Rentals - The following companies operate at the airport: Via Rent a Car • Transtour • Rex.
- Childrens Play Area - Location: Terminal 3, International Terminal
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available in Terminal 2 and 3, some of the locations may be open 24 hours a day.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available in Terminal 3 as well as cigar/rum shops, convenience stores, bookstores, etc. Terminal 2 provides a bookstore only.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were a variety of food concessions at the airport including a few that are open 24 hours (only in Terminal 3).
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Terminal 3 - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Medical Services - Yes, available in Terminal 3.
- Pharmacy - Yes, available in Terminal 3.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted inside the airport in designated areas.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Official government taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.