Maturin Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Maturin Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there is no way to sleep inside the building and the surround area is very dangerous in the night. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Maturin Airport.
What to Expect
- This small airport connects to several Venezuelan destinations and Port of Spain in nearby Trinidad & Tobago.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- According to a July 2016 review it is not possible to sleep in this airport overnight is closes at night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Maturin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Premier Club - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, at the end of the Boarding Area. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily).
WiFi is available at Maturin Airport in the Premier Club.
If sleeping in Maturin Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Jardin - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Stauffer - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Maturin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes.
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Currency Exchange - Yes.
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport has a bookshop, clothes, and electronic devices shop.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm if there are any 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at this airport.
- Information Desk - Yes.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes.
- Luggage Wrapping - Luggage wrapping is available and costs 50bs per unit.
- Medical Services - Yes.
According to a July 2016 review, the airport terminal closes at 9:00PM and opens at 5:00AM.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 21 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.