About This Airport:
Panama City Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Panama City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I'm in hour 2 of a 16 hour wait at this airport and so far it's not satisfying many of my needs. - Sean
"I slept here last night after my flight from Newark arrived at 10:15pm and my flight to Lima is the next day at 9:16am.
Every store, including the copa lounge, closes at 10pm so nothing is open. I food one water fountain and that wasn't working.
The air conditioning is very good at this airport! I never went through immigration and customs so I got to sleep by the boarding gates. Not all seats have arm rests (there are 3 or 4 continuous seats with no arm rests) so it is easy to lie down and sleep on the chairs.
Cleaning staff was nice.
At midnight, security will go up to you and simply ask you of your flight plans and record your passport info.
Overall there were 10 other travelers who also slept at the airport and we had more than enough space for seats to sleep on.
There is free wifi called TocumenFree that worked on my iPhone. If you plan to sleep here, bring water and snacks with you since all the stores close from 10pm-5:30am.
Oh and the lights are BRIGHT! Since the air-conditioning was cold, I wore my winter hat and simply slid it on top of my eyes to cover the white light. That helped a lot."
The last review for this airport was in 2011. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Copa Club - Location: Airside, Second floor, above Gates 21 and 21A. Hours: 5:15am - 10pm. Rate: a day pass is US$ 50
- Tocumen Royal Saloon - Location: Landside, 3nd Floor. Hours: 6am - 12am.
- Airport Club - Location: Airside, Satellite B, near Gate 32. Hours: 5am - 8pm.
Free WiFi is available at the Panama City airport.
If sleeping in the Panama City Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport....
- Riande Airport Hotel - free airport shuttle
- Courtyard Panama Metromall - 10 minutes from the airport. The hotel does NOT offer a shuttle.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - There are no 24-hour food concessions, only vending machines.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - Information not available
Open 24 hours
Panama City Travel Resources
- Panama City Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 20 June 2012
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.