Panama City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Panama City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I'm in hour 2 of a 16 hour wait at this airport and so far it's not satisfying many of my needs.
Airside seating. photo credit: 3lkrs.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Panama City Tocumen Airport.
What to Expect
- Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness and functionality of the airport’s facilities, but there are a wide variety of shopping and dining options.
- Speaking of dining options, all of them close promptly in the evening, so stock up on enough snacks and beverages to get you through the night!
- Mobile charging is available, with power outlets compatible with US plugs.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport’s air-conditioning can make the airport terminal too cold to sleep, so have a warm sweater, travel blanket or sleeping bag handy to stay warm through the night.
- A sleeping bag will also come in handy for sleeping on the floor, as all airport seating has armrests. If you don’t have a sleeping bag, a travel mat or even a blanket may do.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- A long layover may be a good time for a manicure, but one recent reviewer reported contracting a serious infection from the airport’s nail salon, so be careful!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s comfortable lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Panama City Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Panama City airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Copa Club - Location: Airside, Second floor, above Gates 21 and 21A. Showers are available. 5:45AM - 4:00PM & 7:00PM - 9:45PM (Daily). Lounge Access: tba.
- Tocumen Royal Saloon - Location: Landside, 3nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: tba.
- Airport Club - Location: Airside, Satellite B, near Gate 32. Lounge Access: to be advised
Free WiFi is available at Panama City airport for 2 hours.
If sleeping in Panama City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Crowne Plaza Panama Airport - (1 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Riande Aeropuerto - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available.
- Courtyard Panama at Metromall - (10 min from the airport) The hotel does not offer a shuttle.
- Hostal Entre Dos Aguas B&B - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Panama City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are at least 6 ATM’S available at the airport.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has two locations, at Level 100 and the Duty Free area. Hours: Not known.
- Duty Free and Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as several other shops. Hours: Low Season 5:30AM - 9:00/10:00PM, High Season some may remain open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food concessions, only vending machines.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Yes, Level 100. Free service. Hours: Not known.
- Smoking - Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following agencies provide car rental service from Tocumen Airport: Alamo • Avis • Barriga • Budget • Dollar • Hertz • National • Sixt and Thrifty.
Only taxis operated by Tourist Taxi Service can be boarded at Tocumen International Airport. These taxis are available exclusively to tourists in order to guarantee passenger safety and service.
Last Updated: 07 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.