Panama City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Panama City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I'm in hour 2 of a 16 hour wait at this airport and so far it's not satisfying many of my needs.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Panama City Tocumen Airport.
What to Expect
- Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness and functionality of the airport’s facilities, but there are a wide variety of shopping and dining options.
- Speaking of dining options, all of them close promptly in the evening, so stock up on enough snacks and beverages to get you through the night!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport’s air-conditioning can make the airport terminal too cold to sleep, so have a warm sweater, travel blanket or sleeping bag handy to stay warm through the night.
- A sleeping bag will also come in handy for sleeping on the floor, as all airport seating has armrests. If you don’t have a sleeping bag, a travel mat or even a blanket may do.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- A long layover may be a good time for a manicure, but one recent reviewer reported contracting a serious infection from the airport’s nail salon, so be careful!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s comfortable lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Panama City Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Copa Club - Location: Airside, Second floor, above Gates 21 and 21A. Showers are available. 5:45AM - 4:00PM & 7:00PM - 9:45PM (Daily).
- Tocumen Royal Saloon - Location: Landside, 3nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 65 per person - Arrivals • US$ 45 per person - Departures)
- Airport Club - Location: Airside, Satellite B, near Gate 32.
Free WiFi is available at Panama City airport for 2 hours.
If sleeping in Panama City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Crowne Plaza Panama Airport - (1 min from the airport) A free 24-hour airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. To find the shuttle, follow the signs to parking areas. Cross the street and look for the purple and white Crowne Plaza bus.
- Riande Aeropuerto - (3 min from the airport) (3 min from the airport) A free airport shuttle is available. To find the shuttle, exit the airport and you will see the dedicated bus stop. The bus runs every 20 minutes.
- Courtyard Panama at Metromall - (10 min from the airport) A free airport shutle is available upon request.
- Hostal Entre Dos Aguas B&B - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Panama City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located landside and airside throughout the airport terminal.
- Banking - Banco Nacional de Panama is located in Sector 100.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has one location each in Sector 100 and the Duty-Free zone.
- Duty Free and Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside in the Duty Free zone. A variety of souvenir shops are available landside in the public access hall. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00PM (or 10:00PM). During high season, some shops stay open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Vending machines are available.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available free of charge at the medical clinic in Sector 100, near the car rental agencies. If needed, medical staff can transfer a sick or injured passenger from a different area of the airport to the medical clinic.
- Mobile Charging - Mobile charging is available, with power outlets compatible with US plugs.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Copa Club. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following agencies provide car rental service from Tocumen Airport: Alamo • Avis • Barriga • Budget • Dollar • Hertz • National • Sixt and Thrifty.
Only taxis operated by Tourist Taxi Service can be boarded at Tocumen International Airport. These taxis are available exclusively to tourists in order to guarantee passenger safety and service.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.