Panama City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Panama City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I'm in hour 2 of a 16 hour wait at this airport and so far it's not satisfying many of my needs.
Airside seating. photo credit: 3lkrs.
"I slept here last night after my flight from Newark arrived at 10:15pm and my flight to Lima is the next day at 9:16am.
Every store, including the copa lounge, closes at 10pm so nothing is open. I food one water fountain and that wasn't working.
The air conditioning is very good at this airport! I never went through immigration and customs so I got to sleep by the boarding gates. Not all seats have arm rests (there are 3 or 4 continuous seats with no arm rests) so it is easy to lie down and sleep on the chairs.
Cleaning staff was nice.
At midnight, security will go up to you and simply ask you of your flight plans and record your passport info.
Overall there were 10 other travelers who also slept at the airport and we had more than enough space for seats to sleep on.
There is Free WiFi called TocumenFree that worked on my iPhone. If you plan to sleep here, bring water and snacks with you since all the stores close from 10pm-5:30am.
Oh and the lights are BRIGHT! Since the air-conditioning was cold, I wore my winter hat and simply slid it on top of my eyes to cover the white light. That helped a lot."
Have you been to Panama City Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Panama City airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Copa Club - Location: Airside, Second floor, above Gates 21 and 21A. Hours: 5:15am - 10pm.
- Tocumen Royal Saloon - Location: Landside, 3nd Floor. Hours: 6am - 12am. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Airport Club - Location: Airside, Satellite B, near Gate 32. Hours: 5am - 8pm. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Panama City airport.
If sleeping in Panama City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Crowne Plaza Panama Airport - (1 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Riande Aeropuerto - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available.
- Courtyard Panama at Metromall - (10 min from the airport) The hotel does not offer a shuttle.
- Hostal Entre Dos Aguas B&B - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Panama City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco Nacional de Panamé - Location: Landside, Departures Area.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Hertz • National • Sixt • Thrifty. Location: Arrivals
- Currency Exchange - Travelex - Location: Airside, Second Floor, next to Gate 23. Hours: 05:30 AM - 10:00 PM.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food concessions, only vending machines.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Panama City Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Panama City Travel Resources
- Panama City Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.