Paramaribo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Paramaribo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the security guards offered me some water and managed to let me in
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with separate departure and arrival lounges and very limited shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- The airport is approximately 45 minutes from the city center, by taxi.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Paramaribo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Paramaibo Airport. Connect to the ”Digicel” network.
If sleeping in Paramaibo Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Elegance Hotel - (1 hr from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Hotel Krasnapolsky - (1 hr from the airport) Airport transfers are available when booked in advance ($). The bus departs from Unit 32 of Ashruf Airport services.
- Hotel Palacio - (1 hr from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Paramaribo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - DSB - Location: Landside, Ground Floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free liquor and tobacco are sold at Kings Duty Free, and duty-free perfume can be purchased at Paris Gallery. A souvenir shop is also available in the airport.
- Information Desk - It is not known if there is a designated Information Desk at the airport however there is a Tourism Desk and office offering airport services that may be able to assist.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The Metro/Wilson Transportation Company offers bus services outside the terminal. Buses run from 5am - 9:50pm.
Taxis are available 24-hours outside the terminal.
The following companies offer onsite car rental services: Avis/Dallas, Localiza, Movida, and Unidas.
Last Updated: 27 November 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.