Quito Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Quito Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we arrived at the airport and found nothing but metal seats with armrests
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Quito Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport is a single terminal with National and International Departures sections.
- Free WiFi is available near the gates. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Staff is tolerant of overnight travellers.
- There are a lot of seats, but most are metal and have armrests, so it isn’t very comfortable.
- The terminal is cold and bright, so come prepared with eye shades, warm clothes and a blanket.
- Very quiet, with few interruptions overnight.
- Little carpeting for floor sleepers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel on airport grounds and several nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can purchase entry to two airport lounges (one lounge has showers). See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Quito Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Quito airport either by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Salon Quito - Location: National Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$19.00)
- Salón Mitad del Mundo - Location: International Departures, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$31.00)
- Layover Stay - Location: Quito Airport Center, Landside, 2nd Floor, in front of the arrival gates. Showers and reclining chairs for sleeping are available. Hours: 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£25 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at new Quito Airport near the gates. In addition, Carsa offers pay-per-use internet and telephone kiosks. Cash only. Location: Domestic Arrivals Hours: Open 24 hours.
If sleeping in Quito Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Wyndham Quito Airport Gran Condor - Located on airport grounds. A free scheduled airport shuttle is available.
- Quito Airport Suites - (7 minutes from the airport) A 24-hr airport shuttle service available. Send the hotel your flight details to arrange pick-up Cost is $8.00USD each way. Day use rooms cost $25 (for 1-2 people) for stays from 9:00AM to 9:00PM.
- San Jose de Puembo - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Posada Mirolindo - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers upon request.
- Hotel Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita - (12 minutes from the airport) Transportation can be arranged with the hotel ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Quito Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Landside, Arrivals / Departures - Airside, Domestic and International Departures.
- Baggage Trolleys - Cartport baggage trolleys are available for a fee in the International and Domestic Arrivals areas 24 hours a day. Cash only.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - Yes. Located in the Domestic Departures area.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange - Location: International Departures. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Attenza has three duty free shops and a specialized duty free boutique. In addition to duty free shopping, a wide variety of shops are available, with most open 24 hours!
- Food & Drinks - Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Domestic Departures: Amazonia Cafe
- Domestic Arrivals: Amazonia Cafe • De Volada / To-Go
- International Departures: Amazonia Cafe • De Volada / On The Fly • Famous Famiglia • Johnny Rockets • Outback Steakhouse
- International Departures Hall (landside): Johnny Rockets
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals /Departures Hall - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Bag Parking Custodia offers luggage storage in the Arrivals Hall. Cash only. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Secure Wrap offers luggage wrapping service in the Departures Hall (landside). Cash only. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Massage - Fly Massage operates in the Domestic Hall, International Hall and VIP Lounge. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM daily.
- Medical Services - Yes, available at the airport Medical Center. Hours and location are not known.
- Mobile Charging - Charge your mobile devices for free at charging units in all departure lounges.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Salón Mitad del Mundo [ see Airport Lounges above ].
The airport is open 24 hours.
The travel time from the new airport to Quito is between 60- 90 minutes depending on traffic.
Aeroservicios is a shuttle bus service that provides transportation from Quito directly to the New Mariscal Sucre International Airport 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, without intermediate stops. For more details on times, schedules and costs, visit the Aeroservicios web site.
The Metropolitan District of Quito has two services that operate from Rio Coca Avenue, north of the city, and from the Interprovincial Terminal Terminal Quitumbe in the south. This is to facilitate public access to the New Quito International Airport.
The fare from these bus terminals to the New Airport is $2 and will decrease from subsequent stops, which total 11 intermediate stops. The operators are:
- Departing from the Terminal Coca River: SOTRANOR Consortium. Hours: 5.30AM-10:00PM.
- Departing from Terminal COSIBO: Quitumbe Consortium. Hours: 5:30AM-7:00PM
Tickets are $8 per trip per person. They can be purchased on the Aeroservicios web site (only payments with international credit cards). You can also buy tickets at counters in the arrival hall of the New Airport Mariscal Sucre.
La Cooperativa de Taxis Aeropuerto Mariscal Sucre # 34 and La Asociación de Cooperativas del Valle operate this service 24/7, 365 days a year. Fares depend on the area you will be travelling to. Here are the fares as of July 2015: Quito Norte (US$ 22.50 - 27) • Quito Centro Norte (US$ 22 - 28) • Quito Centro (US$ 26) • Quito Centro Sur (US$ 27 - 29) • Quito Sur (US$ 28 - 33.50) • Los Chillos (US$ 25 - 32) • Tumbaco - Cumbaya (US$ 13.50 - 17).
The following car rental companies can be found in the public area of the Arrivals Hall: Avis • Budget • Hertz • Localiza • Thrifty.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.