Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Quito Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
we arrived at the airport and found nothing but metal seats with armrests -dot
What to Expect
- The airport is a single terminal with National and International Departures sections.
- Free WiFi is available near the gates. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can purchase entry to three airport lounges (two have showers). See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
Where to Sleep
- Staff is tolerant of overnight travellers.
- There are a lot of seats, but most are metal and have armrests, so it isn’t very comfortable.
- The terminal is cold and bright, so come prepared with eye shades, warm clothes and a blanket.
- Very quiet, with few interruptions overnight.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Quito Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel on airport grounds and several nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Sala VIP (International) – Location: International Departures, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Layover Stay – Location: Quito Airport Center, Landside, 2nd Floor, in front of the arrival gates. Showers and reclining chairs for sleeping are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info]
If sleeping in Quito Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Wyndham Quito Airport Gran Condor – Located on airport grounds. A free scheduled airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Quito Airport Suites – (7 minutes from the airport) A 24-hour airport shuttle is available. Send the hotel your flight details to arrange pick-up Cost is $8.00USD each way. Day use rooms cost $25 (for 1-2 people) for stays from 9:00AM to 9:00PM. » Check Rates
- San Jose de Puembo – Quito Airport, an Ascend Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Posada Mirolindo – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers upon request. » Check Rates
- Hotel Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita – (12 minutes from the airport) Transportation can be arranged with the hotel ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Quito Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at new Quito Airport near the gates. In addition, Carsa offers pay-per-use internet and telephone kiosks. Cash only. Location: Domestic Arrivals Hours: Open 24 hours.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, Arrivals and Departures levels • Airside, Domestic and International Departures.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in the International and Domestic Arrivals areas. Rate: unknown – Cash only.
Children’s Play Area – There is an area set-up in the Domestic departures area with games for children to burn off some energy before their flight.
Currency Exchange – Global Exchange – Location: International Departures. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – Attenza has three duty free shops and a specialized duty free boutique. In addition to duty free shopping, a wide variety of shops are available, with most open 24 hours!
Food & Drinks – Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
» Domestic Departures: Amazonia Cafe
» Domestic Arrivals: Amazonia Cafe • De Volada / To-Go
» International Departures: Amazonia Cafe • De Volada / On The Fly • Famous Famiglia • Johnny Rockets • Outback Steakhouse
» International Departures Hall (landside): Johnny Rockets
Information Desk – Location: Landside, Arrivals /Departures Hall – Hours: open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Bag Parking Custodia offers luggage storage in the Arrivals Hall. Cash only. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Luggage Wrapping – Secure Wrap offers luggage wrapping service in the Departures Hall (landside). Cash only. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Massage – Fly Massage operates in the Domestic Hall, International Hall and VIP Lounge. Hours: 7:00AM – 11:00PM daily.
Medical Services – If you require medical assistance, there is a Medical Center. Fees are applicable. Location: unknown.
Mobile Charging – Charge your mobile devices for free at charging units in all departure lounges.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Showers are available in the Salón Mitad del Mundo and Layover Stay Lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ].
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of June 2019, Quito airport is served by the following airlines: Aeromexico • Air Europa • Air France • American Airlines • Avianca • Copa • Delta • GOL • Iberia • JetBlue • KLM • LATAM • Plus Ultra Líneas Aéreas • TAME • United Airlines • Wingo.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The travel time from the new airport to Quito is between 60- 90 minutes depending on traffic.
Aeroservicios is a shuttle bus service that provides transportation from Quito directly to the New Mariscal Sucre International Airport 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, without intermediate stops. For more details on times, schedules and costs, visit the Aeroservicios web site.
The airport is connected to the public transportation system via bus routes which connect to the South and the North of the city. As of this June 2019 update, rates are $2 and buses operate between 6:00AM – 9:00PM (approximately and depends on the route). For more information and to plan your route, visit the Quito Airport website.
La Cooperativa de Taxis Aeropuerto Mariscal Sucre # 34 and La Asociación de Cooperativas del Valle provide service 24/7, 365 days a year.
The following car rental companies can be found in the public area of the Arrivals Hall: Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Localiza • Sixt.
Last updated: 2019-07-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.