Ajaccio Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ajaccio Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there are a few iron benches there, with armrests between the seatings. If you have a mat and a sleeping bag you can make a camp. - Piotras
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ajaccio Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at Ajaccio Airport
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ajaccio Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the Ajaccio airport.
Free WiFi is available at Ajaccio Airport.
If sleeping in Ajaccio Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Campo Dell'Oro - (7 minutes from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle available.
- Best Western Hotel Ajaccio Amiraute - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle is available.
- Ibis Budget Ajaccio - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle is available. The hotel suggest a taxi for approx. 25,00€ each way.
- Spunta di Mare - (5 minutes from the airport)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ajaccio Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machine - Yes
- Baggage Trolleys - Carts are available for a £1 or 1 Euro refundable deposit.
- Business Center - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Corsica Duty Free offers duty-free shopping in the airport. A small variety of retail and gift shops are available throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available at the airport.
- Nursery - Yes
- Showers - There are no showers in the airport.
The airport is open 6:00AM - 12:00AM (unconfirmed).
Buses depart hourly from a bus stop located to the right of the terminal exit. Service runs to/from Gare Routiere (bus station) and Gare SNCF (train station) in Ajaccio city center. One-way trip time is 20 minutes, and costs 4.50 € per ticket.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, National/Citer and Sixt.
Metered taxis are available at the taxi rank to the right of the terminal exit. Fare to Ajaccio city center is 10 €, or higher during weekends and holidays.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.