Billund Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Billund Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This a nice little regional airport. Not so many and not the best chairs I've slept at, but ok.
- Daniel Katz
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Billund Airport.
What to Expect
- A three-story single terminal building with an interesting mix of shops and restaurants.
- At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available, so have some snacks and beverages on hand for later if you plan to spend the night.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is safe and secure, but between the lack of seating, the frigid indoor temperatures and the noisy overhead announcements, most of our reviewers did not sleep comfortably overnight...if at all! One reviewer suggests notifying airport security of your intentions to spend the night. They may lend you a sleeping mat and a blanket! Otherwise, if you have your own sleeping bag or travel mat, a travel blanket and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones, you should be fine.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Billund Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- King Amlet Lounge - Airside. Showers ae available. Hours: 4:45AM - 7:15PM (Mon) • 4:45AM - 7:30PM (Tues, Thurs, Sat) • 4:45AM - 6:45PM (Wed, Fri) • 4:45AM - 7:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (DKK 165)
Free WiFi is available at Billund Airport. Connect to the "FREEinternetBLL" network. The bandwidth download is a maximum of 1 Mbit/s per client.
If sleeping in Billund Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Zleep Hotel Billund - (5 min walk from the airport) This budget hotel is the closest hotel to the airport. An airport shuttle is available. The shuttle does not operate on a schedule. Smply go to one of the small glass-sheds marked “Shuttle Bus” and call for pick-up.
- Hotel Propellen - (7 min from the airport) There is a free airport shuttle during the month of July. At other times, you can take a taxi for 130 DKK each way.
- Hotel Svanen - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 125,-DKK each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Billund Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM located to the left of the exit in the Arrivals Hall. DKK and Euros are available.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange Denmark has three locations: Departures, airside, next to Lagkagehuset on the 1st Floor. Hours: 4:00AM - 10:00PM • Arrivals, airside, next to baggage reclaim belts before landside exit. Hours: 9:00AM - 11:30PM. • Check-In, landside, opposite Check-In desks. Hours: 7:30AM - 5:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - In addition to a duty-free shop, retail shops at the airport include Best Seller, Danish Design, Lego, and The Kiosk. If you are a returning to Billund, the airport offers free storage for your purchases so that you do not have to take unnecessary items on your trip. To collect your items upon return, simply notify the information desk before going through customs and they will have your package ready for you at the baggage reclaim.
- Early Baggage Drop-Off - Most airlines at Billund Airport will allow you to drop-off your baggage between 12-24 hours prior to your flight departure.
- Fast Track - Certain fare classes and elite status membership permits travellers can use the Fast Track security lanes. Check with your airline to see if you qualify.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food concessions. There are food options that are open during flight operation hours.
- Landside: Square Cafe & Kiosk
- Airside: The Gastro • Grab & Fly • Sunset Boulevard
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available for a fee from the luggage storage facility located across from Café Square. Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Showers - Showers are available in the King Amlet Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Area - Smoking is only permitted outside of the terminal, or in the smoking cabin located airside down by the Departure gates.
- Things to Do Near the Airport
- The Aquadome at the nearby Lalandia Billund Resort is a large waterpark with waterslides, pools, saunas, jacuzzis and a mini golf area. Day passes are available.
- Legoland is a short drive away from the airport
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Billund Airport is served by numerous public bus routes, linking the airport with destinations all over Midtjylland region, as well as train stations in Vejle, Give, Esbjerg, Skanderborg and Aarhus. The airport bus stand is located just outside of the terminal’s main entrance.
Midttrafik serves Billund Airport with two lines of service: Line 912X (Vejle-Horsens-Skanderborg-Aarhus) and Line 913X (Brande-Nr. Snede-Silkeborg-Aarhus). For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Midttrafik website.
Sydtrafik serves the airport with these bus lines: Lines 44 and 144 (to/from Esbjerg), Line 119 (Give-Tørring), Line 166 (Kolding), Line 179 (Vejen) and Lines 43 and 143 (Vejle). For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Sydtrafik website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.