Düsseldorf International Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Düsseldorf Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security didn't seem to care we were there, but we kinda tried to hide also cuz we thought they might. -drvanostren
On the 27th of May 2011 me and my 11 year old daughter had to spent the night at Düsseldorf International airport waiting for our connection. Initially, we wanted to sleep on the luggage collection area but police said that was not possible for security reasons. So we went to the waiting area where most people - around 30 at 11pm - were sleeping. It was quite quiet and well lit. After a bit of search we ended up on the third floor where the travel agancies and the observatory are situated. We found an empty, unused 'office' and we spent the night there. People start visiting the observatory from 6am but it was still quiet. We couldn't bee seen from the outside and nobody bothered us. Overall a pleasant night
Have you been to Düsseldorf Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Hugo Junkers Lounge - Location: International Terminal B, Airside, Level 2, near Gate B. Showers are available. Hours: 515am - 9pm.
- Open Sky Lounge - Location: International Terminal C, Airside, Upper level, near Gates C36 and C45. Hours: 6am - 10pm.
- British Airways Terrace Lounge
- Air France Lounge
- Air Berlin/LTU Lounge - Location: International Terminal C, Airside, Upper Level, near Gate C46. Hours: 6am - 10pm.
- Emirates Lounge
- Lufthansa Business Lounge
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge
- Free WiFi is available at the Düsseldorf Airport.
- There are 6 internet kiosks scattered throughout the airport. Terminal Locations: Aates A, B and C; outside McDonald's on the arrivals level and 2 terminals on the arrivals level near the airport information desk
If sleeping in the Düsseldorf Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at and near the airport....
- Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport Hotel - located on the roof of Car Park 3. Day rooms are available from 9am - 5pm..
- Maritim Hotel - linked to the airport by a pedestrian bridge. Day rooms are available.
- Lindner Airport Hotel - free airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 540am - 1020am and 540pm - 1020pm
- Van der Valk Airport Hotel
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Düsseldorf Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Tours - Go behind the scenes and get a close-up view of the comings and goings on the apron on a two hour of the airport. Departure Times: 9am, 1130am, 230pm, 500pm (Mon - Fri) 1030am and 1pm (Sat). Duration: 90 minutes - two hours. Rates: €9.50 (adults) and €6.00 (children 5-14). Ticket includes free entrance to to the observation terrace and use of the SkyTrain.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines can be found in the Arrivals and Departures areas as well as the train station.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Europcar • Hertz National • Sixt. Location: Central Arrivals.
- Food & Drinks - There are many food options available before (landside) and after (airside) security. Here are the 24-hour food and beverage concessions:
»Landside: McCafe • McDonald's
- Information Desks - The main Information Desk is located beside Belt 6 in the Arrivals area. There are two other desks located on the Departure Level across from the Cafe B2B, Düsseldorf Flughafen Train Station.
- Late Night Check-In - The following airlines offer late night check-in service: airberlin • Austrian Airlines • Bulgarian Air Charter • Condor • Croatia Airlines • Eurowings • Hamburg International • Lufthansa • Niki • SAS • Sky Airlines • SunExpress • Swiss • TUIfly • XL Airways Germany. Check with your airlines for the current check-in times.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - The left luggage office is located on the ground floor of the car park. Hours: 4am - 12am (Daily). Rates: from €3.00 per day (items up to 30kg).
- Memorial Room - A non-denominational quiet room is located on Level 3.
- Observation Decks - There are two areas to watch the action on the airport grounds. From the Observation Deck on the roof of Concourse B you can watch the air traffic on the apron and the air traffic dispatch procedures. From the Train Station you can see the take off and landing runways. Rates: 2.20 Euro per adult (one ticket is good for both observation decks). Hours: 6am - 9pm (Summer) and 9am - 8pm (Winter).
- Pharmacy - Locations: Airport Arcade (Hours: 630am - 900pm) and Gate C (Hours: 6am - last departure).
- Showers - Not available
Open 24 hours
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Dusseldorf Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Düsseldorf Travel Resources
- Düsseldorf Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 19 December 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.