Glasgow International Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Glasgow International Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there's still a strange sense of community where, even if we are all suspicious of each other and are sure someone is going to steal all our money, we're all sleeping on the same benches and will all wake up with the exact same pain in our backs as we stand in the check in line. -Nadine
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Glasgow International Airport.
What to Expect
- Glasgow is a small airport with two terminals. Most flights are accessed via the Main Terminal.
- This airport has one 24 hour restaurant, which you can find landside.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Most reviewers mentioned sleeping successfully on the rows of benches near the Tesco Express, landside. Some warned that this area can be a little noisy and cold, so consider bringing earplugs and a blanket.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and many other nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the airport lounges with the purchase of a lounge pass or Priority Pass membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Glasgow International Airport Guide. Consider sending us your Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Glasgow airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Upperdeck Lounge - Location: Airside, International Pier, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£18.00) • Book Online (£20.00) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Glasgow Airport for 1 hour. Connect to the "Glasgow Airport" network. If you would like more time after the initial hour, you can purchase a package: £5 (3 hours) • £9 (24 hours).
Additionally, the airport has Internet kiosks with printers. Locations: Domestic Arrivals (4 stations) • International Arrivals (2 stations) • Domestic Pier, Gate 26 (1 station) • Food Court, Landside (2 stations) • Main Departure Lounge (4 stations). Rate: 10p per minute.
If sleeping in Glasgow International Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Express - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) Connected to the airport via covered walkway. Day rooms are offered based on availability. No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle.
- Ramada - (6 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Premier Inn - (8 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Travelodge Glasgow Airport - (10 min walk from the airport) Airport shuttle runs from 4:00AM to Midnight for GBP 2 per person, each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Glasgow International Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Ambassadors - If you are are lost or need general assistance, there are roving airport ambassadors that can help.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available Airside and Landside. Some ATMs dispense GBP, USD and Euros.
- Baby Care - There are baby change facilities located both Landside and Airside.
- Children Play Area - Location: International Pier, Airside, near Gate 27A and 27B
- Currency Exchange - Travelex - Locations: ATMs can be found in the Baggage Claim • A counter in the Arrivals Hall.
- Dry Cleaning - Location: Luggage Point in the main check-in hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (4:00AM - last flight) and a variety of other shops will fill most of your needs. Tesco Express operates 24 hours a day. Location: Landside.
- Food & Drinks - Most food and beverage concessions are open 4:00AM - last flight. However, Mozzo Coffee House is open 24 hours. Location: Landside.
- Information Desk - Location: UK and Ireland Departures Area, First Floor
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Check-in Hall, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Fri), 9:30AM-4:00PM (Sat-Sun). Rates vary: Small items range from £2.00 (per day) to £7.50 (per week), large items range from £4.50 (up to 4 hours) - £10.00 (per day). Maximum storage time is 3 months.
- Mobile Charging - Free power charging machines with adapters are available at Dixons located Airside. You can use them to charge up to eight electronic devices.
- Photo Booths - If you need to get a picture taken in a hurry you can use a coin-operated Photo-Me booth. Location: Ground floor domestic arrivals opposite WH Smith , first floor of the main terminal before security and ground floor of Car Park 2.
- Prayer Room - Location: International Arrivals, Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following shuttles stop just outside of the main terminal:
First 500 Glasgow Shuttle offers 24-hour service, departing every 10 minutes from the airport (Stance 1) for service to Buchanan Street Bus Station. Stops enroute include Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street railway stations. Connections are available from Buchanan Street Bus Station to First Bus regional services and direct transfers to Edinburgh, via Citylink 900 bus service.
First 77 Hospital Connect runs between the airport (Stance 6) and city center, with stops at Renfrew, Braehead shopping centre, South Glasgow University Hospital and Partick.
Adult fare for all First shuttles is £7 for a single-ride ticket or £9.50 for a round-trip ticket (return trip must be used within 28 days). Tickets are sold onboard the shuttle, via mTicketing smartphone app, at the Visitor Information Centre in the domestic Arrivals area of the airport and online. For routes, schedules and additional fare information, visit the First Greater Glasgow website.
McGill’s 757 offers service between the airport (Stance 7) and Paisley Gilmour Street railway station, with departures available every 15 minutes. From Paisley Gilmour, rail services are available to and from Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and southern Scotland. For routes, schedules and fares, go to the McGill’s Buses website.
Citylink 915 travels between the airport (Stance 9) and Skye, via Loch Lomond and Fort Williams. For routes, schedules and fares, visit the Scottish Citylink website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the Domestic Arrivals area: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and National.
Official Glasgow Airport Taxis are available directly in front the of main terminal on a 24-hour basis, and are the only taxis permitted to pick up or drop off passengers in front of the terminal. All official Glasgow Airport taxis are metered, and reservations are not required, but you can pre-book a taxi directly through Glasgow Airport Taxi’s website for a discount if you prefer. Credit and debit cards are accepted for a small fee. Please note, taxis from other companies are only allowed to pick up or drop off passengers at Car Park 2, opposite the main terminal.
Last Updated: 07 April 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.