Glasgow International Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Glasgow International Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there's still a strange sense of community where, even if we are all suspicious of each other and are sure someone is going to steal all our money, we're all sleeping on the same benches and will all wake up with the exact same pain in our backs as we stand in the check in line. -Nadine
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Glasgow International Airport.
What to Expect
- Glasgow is a small airport with two terminals. Most flights are accessed via the Main Terminal.
- This airport has one 24 hour restaurant, which you can find landside.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Most reviewers mentioned sleeping successfully on the rows of benches near the Tesco Express, landside. Some warned that this area can be a little noisy and cold, so consider bringing earplugs and a blanket.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and many other nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Glasgow International Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Glasgow airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Upperdeck Lounge - Location: Airside, International Pier, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£18.00) • Book Online (£20.00).
Free WiFi is available at Glasgow Airport for 1 hour. Connect to the "Glasgow Airport" network. If you would like more time after the initial hour, you can purchase a package: £5 (3 hours) • £9 (24 hours).
Additionally, the airport has Surfbox internet stations with printers and mobile charging. Locations: Domestic Arrivals, outside of Starbucks (4 stations) • International Arrivals (2 stations) • Food Court, Landside (2 stations) • Check-In Hall (2 stations) • Main Departure Lounge - airside (4 stations) • Domestic Pier, Gate 26 - airside (1 station). Rate: 10p per minute, payable by coins, or online with a credit card or voucher.
If sleeping in Glasgow International Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Express - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) Connected to the airport via covered walkway. Day rooms are offered based on availability. No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle.
- Ramada - (6 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Premier Inn - (8 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Travelodge Glasgow Airport - (10 min walk from the airport) Airport shuttle runs from 4:00AM to Midnight for GBP 2 per person, each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Glasgow International Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Ambassadors - If you are are lost or need general assistance, there are roving airport ambassadors that can help.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Travelex ATMs are available. Locations: Baggage Reclaim Hall • Main Arrivals Hall • Domestic Arrivals
- Baby Care - Diapers, infant formula, wipes and other baby items can be purchased at Boots Pharmacy. A pre-ordering service for these items is available by calling Boots five days before your travel date. Diaper changing facilities are available in these locations:
- Landside: Main Check-In Hall, opposite elevator • rear of Food Court, 1st floor • T2 check-in hall
- Airside: International Arrivals, near gate 29 • International Baggage Reclaim Hall • beside the British Airways lounge • beside Tennant’s Bar • beside Beardmore Bar • 1st Floor, by Starbucks • Domestic Baggage Reclaim • at Gates 1-3 and 10-11
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children Play Area - A soft and colorful play area is available for children aged 2 - 6 years old. Location: International Pier, airside, near WHSmith Puzzle tables are available in some seating areas around the airport.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers currency exchange in the airport. Locations: Baggage Reclaim Hall • Main Arrivals Hall • Domestic Arrivals All three locations have ATMs that dispense GBP, USD and Euro.
- Dry Cleaning - Available for a fee at Luggage Point. Location: Check-in Hall, landside, Ground Floor, by the British Airways check-in desks. Hours: 4:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - World Duty Free is open airside from 4:00AM until last flight. A limited variety of retail shops are also available, with most of them open from 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Food & Drinks - Most food and beverage concessions are open from 4:00AM until last flight. However, Mozzo Coffee House is open 24 hours. Locations: East Pier, airside, opposite Gates 4 and 5 • Domestic Pier, airside, opposite Gate 18 • International Arrivals. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage Point offers luggage storage, luggage wrapping and dry cleaning. Storage rates vary: Small items range from £2.00 (per day) to £7.50 (per week), large items range from £4.50 (up to 4 hours) - £10.00 (per day). Storage times range from 1 hour to 3 months. Location: Check-in Hall, landside, Ground Floor, by the British Airways check-in desks. Hours: 4:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available at Luggage Point for as little as £10 per bag. Location: Check-in Hall, landside, Ground Floor, by the British Airways check-in desks. Hours: 4:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Mobile Charging - Available at any of the Surfbox internet stations in these locations: Domestic Arrivals (4 stations) • International Arrivals (2 stations) • Food Court, Landside (2 stations) • Check-In Hall (2 stations) • Main Departure Lounge (4 stations).
- Photo Booths - If you need to get a picture taken in a hurry you can use a coin-operated Photo-Me booth. Location: Ground floor domestic arrivals opposite WH Smith , first floor of the main terminal before security and ground floor of Car Park 2.
- Prayer Room - A quiet interfaith prayer and meditation room is available in the airport. An airport chaplain conducts services throughout the week. Location: Departures concourse, Priority Security corridor, 1st Floor Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside the airport.
- Supermarket - If you need to pick up groceries on your way to your destination in Glasgow, a Tesco Express is available in the airport. Location: landside, domestic arrivals. Hours: Open 24 hours
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following shuttles stop just outside of the main terminal:
First 500 Glasgow Shuttle offers 24-hour service, departing every 10 minutes from the airport (Stance 1) for service to Buchanan Street Bus Station. Stops enroute include Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street railway stations. Connections are available from Buchanan Street Bus Station to First Bus regional services and direct transfers to Edinburgh, via Citylink 900 bus service.
First 77 Hospital Connect runs between the airport (Stance 6) and city center, with stops at Renfrew, Braehead shopping centre, South Glasgow University Hospital and Partick.
Adult fare for all First shuttles is £7 for a single-ride ticket or £9.50 for a round-trip ticket (return trip must be used within 28 days). Tickets are sold onboard the shuttle, via mTicketing smartphone app, at the Visitor Information Centre in the domestic Arrivals area of the airport and online. For routes, schedules and additional fare information, visit the First Greater Glasgow website.
McGill’s 757 offers service between the airport (Stance 7) and Paisley Gilmour Street railway station, with departures available every 15 minutes. From Paisley Gilmour, rail services are available to and from Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and southern Scotland. For routes, schedules and fares, go to the McGill’s Buses website.
Citylink 915 travels between the airport (Stance 9) and Skye, via Loch Lomond and Fort Williams. For routes, schedules and fares, visit the Scottish Citylink website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the Domestic Arrivals area: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and National.
Official Glasgow Airport Taxis are available directly in front the of main terminal on a 24-hour basis, and are the only taxis permitted to pick up or drop off passengers in front of the terminal. All official Glasgow Airport taxis are metered, and reservations are not required, but you can pre-book a taxi directly through Glasgow Airport Taxi’s website for a discount if you prefer. Credit and debit cards are accepted for a small fee. Please note, taxis from other companies are only allowed to pick up or drop off passengers at Car Park 2, opposite the main terminal.
Last Updated: 07 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.