Glasgow International Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Glasgow International Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there's still a strange sense of community where, even if we are all suspicious of each other and are sure someone is going to steal all our money, we're all sleeping on the same benches and will all wake up with the exact same pain in our backs as we stand in the check in line. -Nadine
August 2015 - We spent a night at Glasgow International in the end of August. As we read before our trip experiences from others at sleepinginairports.net, we found our spot in front of non-stop working Tesco Express at the land area. There are four to five rows of seating, pretty comfortable, easy to sleep. Up to 4AM you can easily rest, from that time on passenger flow is getting bigger while this area is used by trespassing passengers between the terminal and departures. We were not interrupted by anyone during our whole stay. There were also other guys spending the night so I guess the security is already used to overnight sleepers. WIFI is available for 30 minutes for free. Overall I would recommend staying over night at GLA.
Have you been to Glasgow International Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Glasgow airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Upperdeck Lounge - Location: Airside, International Pier, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5am - 830pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£18.00) • Book Online (£18.00) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Glasgow Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the "Glasgow Airport" network. If you would like more time after the initial 30 minutes, you can purchase a package: £3 (1 hour) • £5 (3 hours) • £9 (24 hours).
Additionally, the airport has Internet kiosks with printers. Locations: Domestic Arrivals (4 stations) • International Arrivals (2 stations) • Domestic Pier, Gate 26 (1 station) • Food Court, Landside (2 stations) • Main Departure Lounge (4 stations). Rate: 10p per minute.
If sleeping in Glasgow International Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Express - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) Connected to the airport via covered walkway. Day rooms are offered based on availability. No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle.
- Ramada - (6 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Premier Inn - (8 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Travelodge Glasgow Airport - (10 min walk from the airport) Airport shuttle runs from 4am to Midnight for GBP 2 per person, each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Glasgow on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Ambassadors - If you are are lost or need general assistance, there are roving airport ambassadors that can help.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available Airside and Landside. Some ATMs dispense GBP, USD and Euros.
- Baby Care - There are baby change facilities located both Landside and Airside.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Europcar • National • Alamo • Hertz • Enterprise • Budget.
- Children Play Area - Location: International Pier, Airside, near Gate 27A and 27B
- Currency Exchange - Travelex - Locations: ATMs can be found in the Baggage Claim • A counter in the Arrivals Hall.
- Dry Cleaning - Location: Luggage Point in the main check-in hall.
- Food & Drinks - Most food and beverage concessions are open 4:00AM - last flight. However, Mozzo Coffee House is open 24 hours. Location: Landside.
- Information Desk - Location: UK and Ireland Departures Area, First Floor
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Check-in Hall, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Fri), 9:30AM-4:00PM (Sat-Sun). Rates: £4.50 (up to 4 hours) - £10.00 (per day). Maximum storage time is 3 months.
- Mobile Charging - Free power charging machines with adapters are available at Dixons located Airside. You can use them to charge up to eight electronic devices.
- Pharmacy - Pick-up or refill a prescription at Boots. Location: Airside. Hours: 4:00AM - last flight.
- Photo Booths - If you need to get a picture taken in a hurry you can use a coin-operated Photo-Me booth. Location: Ground floor domestic arrivals opposite WH Smith , first floor of the main terminal before security and ground floor of Car Park 2.
- Prayer Room - Location: International Arrivals, Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Last Updated: 27 July 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.