Glasgow International Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Glasgow International Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there's still a strange sense of community where, even if we are all suspicious of each other and are sure someone is going to steal all our money, we're all sleeping on the same benches and will all wake up with the exact same pain in our backs as we stand in the check in line. -Nadine
I was having a bad day, and I wanted to just rest for a wee while. I knew of the lounge sofa things. I forgot how comfortable these were! I lay there for a few hours watching the clouds, and spoke to some cute lass also. I did fall asleep and got a nice kip. It will get quieter at night time, but be aware of the clanking lift doors, which I really wanted to break. Everyone just went their way and I was left to my own peace, and it was a peaceful area (bar the lift doors). Space to sprawl out, and there are other options also, like big leather massage chairs (no need to pay just to sit).
Have you been to Glasgow International Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Glasgow airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Upperdeck Lounge - Location: Airside, International Pier, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5am - 830pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£18.00) • Book Online (£18.00) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Glasgow Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the "Glasgow Airport" network. If you would like more time after the initial 30 minutes, you can purchase a package: £3 (1 hour) • £5 (3 hours) • £9 (24 hours).
- The airport has Internet kiosks with printers. Locations: Domestic Arrivals (4 stations) • International Arrivals (2 stations) • Domestic Pier, Gate 26 (1 station) • Food Court, Landside (2 stations) • Main Departure Lounge (4 stations). Rate: 10p per minute.
If sleeping in Glasgow International Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Express - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) Connected to the airport via covered walkway. Day rooms are offered based on availability. No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle.
- Ramada - (6 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Premier Inn - (8 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Travelodge Glasgow Airport - (10 min walk from the airport) Airport shuttle runs from 4am to Midnight for GBP 2 per person, each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Glasgow on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available Airside and Landside. Some ATMs dispense GBP, USD and Euros.
- Baby Care - There are baby change facilities located both Landside and Airside.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Europcar • National • Alamo • Hertz • Enterprise • Budget.
- Children Play Area - Location: International Pier, Airside, near Gate 27A and 27B
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has counters located before and after security.
- Dry Cleaning - Location: Luggage Point in the main check-in hall.
- Food & Drinks - Most food and beverage concessions are open 4:00AM - last flight. However, Mozzo Coffee House is open 24 hours. Location: Landside.
- Information Desk - Location: UK and Ireland Departures Area, First Floor
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Check-in Hall, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Fri), 9:30AM-4:00PM (Sat-Sun). Rates: £4.50 (up to 4 hours) - £10.00 (per day). Maximum storage time is 3 months.
- Mobile Charging - Free power charging machines with adapters are available at Dixons located Airside. You can use them to charge up to eight electronic devices.
- Pharmacy - Pick-up or refill a prescription at Boots. Location: Airside. Hours: 4:00AM - last flight.
- Photo Booths - If you need to get a picture taken in a hurry you can use a coin-operated Photo-Me booth. Location: Ground floor domestic arrivals opposite WH Smith , first floor of the main terminal before security and ground floor of Car Park 2.
- Prayer Room - Location: International Arrivals, Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Glasgow International Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Glasgow Travel Resources
- Glasgow Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 30 March 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.