Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Glasgow International Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
there’s still a strange sense of community where, even if we are all suspicious of each other and are sure someone is going to steal all our money, we’re all sleeping on the same benches and will all wake up with the exact same pain in our backs as we stand in the check in line. -Nadine
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Glasgow International Airport.
What to Expect
Glasgow International Airport is comprised of two terminals (Main and Terminal 2) with three piers (West, Central and East). The two terminals are divided by SkyHub, with provides check-in, security, duty-free shopping and other services. There are a few shops and eateries both landside and airside, including the only 24-hour per day concession, a Tesco Express Supermarket on the landside. Things to do while you wait are a bit limited, but the airport’s free WiFi helps pass the time. For additional comfort options, consider accessing one of the airport lounges for a fee. [ see Airport Lounges in the guide below ]
Where to Sleep
The airport is generally considered to be safe and accommodating to overnight sleepers. The dining zone on the second level reportedly is said to have comfortable couches that people can sleep on while the restaurants are closed between 11:00 PM and 4:00 AM. Be prepared for high volume music at 2:30AM, when the cafe staff show up. After this point, it is no longer possible to sleep due to the noise. There was a carpeted floor in Terminal 2 that security and staff let people sleep on; however, according to a recent review, the terminal may now be closed for security reasons. Rows of benches on the landside near Tesco Express are described as comfortable; however, the area is described as noisy and cold, so consider bringing earplugs/noise-cancelling headphones and a sweater or travel blanket. Explore our guide to sleeping in Glasgow International Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, albeit for a price, there is a hotel at the airport and others within walking distance. [ see locations in the Airport Hotels section below ]
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Glasgow International Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Express – (5 minute walk from the airport terminal) Connected to the airport via covered walkway. Day rooms are offered based on availability. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn – (2 minute walk from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Courtyard Glasgow Airport – (6 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Premier Inn – (8 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Travelodge Glasgow Airport – (10 min walk from the airport) Airport shuttle runs from 4:00AM to 12:00AM. Cost is GBP 2 per person, each way.» Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Glasgow International Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Glasgow Airport for 1 hour. Connect to the “Glasgow Airport” network. If you would like more time after the initial hour, you can purchase a package: £5 (3 hours) • £9 (24 hours).
Additionally, the airport has Surfbox internet stations with printers and mobile charging. Locations: Domestic Arrivals, outside of Starbucks (4 stations) • International Arrivals (2 stations) • Food Court, Landside (2 stations) • Check-In Hall (2 stations) • Main Departure Lounge – airside (4 stations) • Domestic Pier, Gate 26 – airside (1 station). Rate: 10p per minute, payable by coins, or online with a credit card or voucher.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Diapers, infant formula, wipes and other baby items can be purchased at Boots Pharmacy. A pre-ordering service for these items is available by calling Boots five days before your travel date. Diaper changing facilities are available in these locations:
» Landside: Main Check-In Hall, opposite elevator • rear of Food Court, 1st floor • T2 check-in hall.
» Airside: International Arrivals, near gate 29 • International Baggage Reclaim Hall • beside the British Airways lounge • beside Tennant’s Bar • beside Beardmore Bar • 1st Floor, by Starbucks • Domestic Baggage Reclaim • at Gates 1-3 and 10-11
- Children’s Play Area – A soft and colorful play area is available for children aged 2 – 6 years old. Location: International Pier, airside, near WHSmith Puzzle tables are available in some seating areas around the airport.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Most food and beverage concessions are open from 4:00AM until last flight. The Tesco Express Supermarket (Landside) is open 24 hours. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Supermarket – If you need to pick up groceries on your way to your destination in Glasgow, a Tesco Express is available in the airport. Location: landside, domestic arrivals. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Airport Ambassadors – If you are are lost or need general assistance, there are roving airport ambassadors that can help.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage Point offers luggage storage, luggage wrapping and dry cleaning. Storage rates vary: Cabin size bags are £8.00 (per day) and £48.00 (per week) and standard size suitcases are £10.00 (per day) and £60.00 (per week). Storage times are available for up to 3 months. Location: Check-in Hall, landside, Ground Floor, by the British Airways check-in desks. Hours: 4:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping – Available at Luggage Point for as little as £10 per bag. Location: Check-in Hall, landside, Ground Floor, by the British Airways check-in desks. Hours: 4:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Mobile Charging – Mobile phone charging machines with adapters for most phones can be found at Dixons airside and are free to use. You can also go to any of the Surfbox internet stations in these locations: Domestic Arrivals (4 stations) • International Arrivals (2 stations) • Food Court, Landside (2 stations) • Check-In Hall (2 stations) • Main Departure Lounge (4 stations).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Some machines issue Pounds, Euros and Dollars. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex offers currency exchange in the airport. You will find branches available both Landside and Airside. Hours: 4:00AM – last flight. All locations have ATMs that dispense GBP, USD and Euro.
- Prayer Room – A quiet interfaith prayer and meditation room is available in the airport. An airport chaplain conducts services throughout the week. Location: Departures concourse, Priority Security corridor, 1st Floor Hours: open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – World Duty Free is open airside from 4:00AM until last flight. A limited variety of retail shops are also available, with most of them open from 5:00AM – 9:00PM.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available
- Spa Services – AeroSpa offers services such as manicures, pedicures and massages. Location: Airside. Hours: 4:00AM – last flight.
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside the airport.
Other Airport Services
- Dry Cleaning – Drop off your dry cleaning at the Luggage Point (Main Check-in Hall) and pick it up when you return. Location: Check-in Hall, landside, Ground Floor, by the British Airways check-in desks. Hours: 4:00AM – 9:00PM (Mon – Fri).
- Photo Booths – If you need to get a picture taken in a hurry you can use a coin-operated Photo-Me booth. Location: Ground floor domestic arrivals opposite WH Smith , first floor of the main terminal before security and ground floor of Car Park 2.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Glasgow International airport is served by the following airlines: Aer Lingus • Air Canada • Air Transat • American Airlines • BH Air • Blue Air • British Airways • Delta • Eastern Airways • easyJet • Emirates • Eurowings • Flybe • Icelandair • Jet2 • KLM • Loganair • Lufthansa • Ryanair • Thomas Cooks Airlines • United Airlines • Virgin Atlantic • WestJet • Wizz Air.
The following shuttles stop just outside of the main terminal:
First 500 Glasgow Shuttle offers 24-hour service, departing every 10 minutes from the airport (Stance 1) for service to Buchanan Street Bus Station. Stops enroute include Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street railway stations.
First 77 Hospital Connect runs between the airport (Stance 6) and city center, with stops at Renfrew, Braehead shopping centre, South Glasgow University Hospital and Partick.
McGill’s 757 offers service between the airport (Stance 7) and Paisley Gilmour Street railway station, with departures available every 15 minutes.
Citylink 915 travels between the airport (Stance 9) and Skye, via Loch Lomond and Fort Williams.
For routes, schedules and additional fare information, visit the Glasgow Airport website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the Domestic Arrivals area: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, National and Sixt.
Official Glasgow Airport Taxis are available directly in front the of main terminal on a 24-hour basis, and are the only taxis permitted to pick up or drop off passengers in front of the terminal (all others pick up at Car Park 2). All official Glasgow Airport taxis are metered, and reservations are not required, but you can pre-book a taxi directly through Glasgow Airport Taxi’s website for a discount.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.